No announcement yet.

The Clone Wars: Season 4 -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, what an episode, best of the season by far I think.
    Id say the only very small problem with this show is that because we already have the film after the series, we know who will survive and who doesnt, so when Dooku was being tortured, we knew he wouldnt die...
    Thats my only small irk about this show, and its a very very small one lol.

Comment

Latest episode was fantastic!

Spoiler:
      I certainly hope this isn't the last we see of nightsisters. Ventress seemed so vunerable at the end of the episode, it's difficult to guess what she might try to do next.
      Last edited by Leleth; 25 February 2012, 11:23 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leleth View Post
        Latest episode was fantastic!

Spoiler:
        I certainly hope this isn't the last we see of nightsisters. Ventress seemed so vunerable at the end of the episode, it's difficult to guess what she might try to do next.

isnt tenal ka of nightsister descent, so they somehow carry on after this

Comment

Well there's stories that involve the Nightsisters that are set in 4, 8, 23, and 43 ABY. So they certainly do carry on.

Spoiler:
          Seems to me that Grievous' attack just wiped out Mother Talzin's clan, not the entire culture or species.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Incidentally, some Nightsister trivia:

Iain McCraig, one of the creative (design) minds behind Star Wars, had a nightmare one night and from it created the look of the "Nightsister Sith witch." The design eventually became Darth Maul, but the original art/mockup became the basis for TCW's Nightsisters.

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Preview clip for the 4-episode arc concluding this season (including last night's episode):

Spoiler:

Comment

This last new episode was pretty good. Definitely action packed.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Well there's stories that involve the Nightsisters that are set in 4, 8, 23, and 43 ABY. So they certainly do carry on.

Spoiler:
                  Seems to me that Grievous' attack just wiped out Mother Talzin's clan, not the entire culture or species.
                  I thought the Nightsisters were the only Dark Side clan of witches on Dathomir?
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Oh no, not at all. The Nightsisters were only one of the clans of the Witches of Dathomir. There was at least one other exclusively dark-sider clan out there, and a whole bunch of named clans without any significant details about them having been revealed.

Like I said though, the Nightsisters in particular are active into the Legacy era. So regarding this episode,
                    Spoiler:
                    the episode's title "Massacre" is definitely apt, but it doesn't appear that they were exterminated outright. At the least, Mother Talzin appears to have survived.
                    Last edited by DigiFluid; 25 February 2012, 09:31 PM.

Comment

This last run of episodes has been really good. I was skeptical about the whole Obi Wan under cover thing when it was starting out but it ended up really nice.

Liked the recent episode to, catching up with what happened with Ventress now that she's no longer Dooku's apprentice. I had a feeling that whole thread was just going to drop from the show and be left for the comics and such to conclude.

Not as crazy about
                      Spoiler:
                      the return of Darth Maul as some are however. He always struck me as hugely over rated and hyped up pretty much entirely because he "looks cool". The guy died to Obi Wan before Obi Wan was even a big boy Jedi and now we're supposed to be afraid that he's coming after Obi again when Obi is a master and he's literally half a man.

I hope this thing somehow ends with Obi and Ventress bisecting him lengthwise this time. Ventress at least proved herself a credible threat to old Ben a few times and it would be funny watching the two of them just roll him like a big red baby while they overtly flirt with each other to maximize the trollage.

Comment

4.19 "Massacre"

Trivia from the TCW site:
                        Spoiler:
                        AN ECHO OF THE SITH
                        Dooku's order to Grievous ("Wipe the witches out. All of them.") closely echoes Darth Sidious's command prior to the Battle of Naboo. "Wipe them out. All of them."

DATHOMIR GRAVEYARD
                        The graveyard of the Nightsisters is meant to resemble the trees found in the forests. The actual structures are built from branches, bones, animal skins and shells. The Nightsisters hang their mummified dead in a pod of animal skins that resemble the pods that hang from the living trees.

NIGHTSISTERS INCANTATION
                        Be careful with the following incantation, because you might just raise an army of the undead: "Choono slalem denni tay'lori olee-ay. Lucheno vadem klavlane. Blenay vedi nalem koreem. Blenay vedi nalem koreem. Villos susko kono lamal! Vlemon tagoo!"

DROID VICTORY
                        In a reversal of what happens in Episode I, the battle droids look around as their opposing army -- the undead Nightsisters -- drop to the ground, no longer animated by a central controlling influence.

RETURN OF THE DEFOLIATOR
                        Longtime viewers of The Clone Wars will recognize the Defoliator tank, an experimental vehicle first seen in "Defenders of Peace," an episode from the first season.

4.20 "Bounty" (March 2)

Preview clip at the TCW site

Blurb:
                        Spoiler:
                        "An aimless Asajj Ventress joins a team of bounty hunters under the leadership of young Boba Fett. On an alien world, they undertake a dangerous but profitable mission that tests the limits of their skills, and the strength of Asajj's character."

4.21 "Brothers" (March 9)

Blurb:
                        Spoiler:
                        After being used as a weapon of vengeance by Count Dooku and Asajj Ventress, the dark warrior Savage Opress embarked on a galaxy-spanning quest to find his long-lost brother, the legendary Darth Maul. Maul lives in the depths of a ruined world as a shattered madman barely held together by dreams of vengeance. Savage conspires with the scheming witch Mother Talzin to heal Darth Maul's body and mind, so that the brothers can begin a new crusade of vengeance against the Jedi.

4.22 "Revenge" (March 16)

Blurb:
                        Spoiler:
                        The saga continues on Friday, March 16, in "Revenge," as Obi-Wan Kenobi finds an unlikely ally when battling against the dreaded brothers.

Comment

4.19 "Massacre"

Trivia from the TCW site:
                          Spoiler:
                          AN ECHO OF THE SITH
                          Dooku's order to Grievous ("Wipe the witches out. All of them.") closely echoes Darth Sidious's command prior to the Battle of Naboo. "Wipe them out. All of them."

DATHOMIR GRAVEYARD
                          The graveyard of the Nightsisters is meant to resemble the trees found in the forests. The actual structures are built from branches, bones, animal skins and shells. The Nightsisters hang their mummified dead in a pod of animal skins that resemble the pods that hang from the living trees.

NIGHTSISTERS INCANTATION
                          Be careful with the following incantation, because you might just raise an army of the undead: "Choono slalem denni tay'lori olee-ay. Lucheno vadem klavlane. Blenay vedi nalem koreem. Blenay vedi nalem koreem. Villos susko kono lamal! Vlemon tagoo!"

DROID VICTORY
                          In a reversal of what happens in Episode I, the battle droids look around as their opposing army -- the undead Nightsisters -- drop to the ground, no longer animated by a central controlling influence.

RETURN OF THE DEFOLIATOR
                          Longtime viewers of The Clone Wars will recognize the Defoliator tank, an experimental vehicle first seen in "Defenders of Peace," an episode from the first season.

4.20 "Bounty" (March 2)

Preview clip at the TCW site

Blurb:
                          Spoiler:
                          "An aimless Asajj Ventress joins a team of bounty hunters under the leadership of young Boba Fett. On an alien world, they undertake a dangerous but profitable mission that tests the limits of their skills, and the strength of Asajj's character."

4.21 "Brothers" (March 9)

Blurb:
                          Spoiler:
                          After being used as a weapon of vengeance by Count Dooku and Asajj Ventress, the dark warrior Savage Opress embarked on a galaxy-spanning quest to find his long-lost brother, the legendary Darth Maul. Maul lives in the depths of a ruined world as a shattered madman barely held together by dreams of vengeance. Savage conspires with the scheming witch Mother Talzin to heal Darth Maul's body and mind, so that the brothers can begin a new crusade of vengeance against the Jedi.

4.22 "Revenge" (March 16)

Blurb:
                          Spoiler:
                          The saga continues on Friday, March 16, in "Revenge," as Obi-Wan Kenobi finds an unlikely ally when battling against the dreaded brothers.
                          Nice bit of insight there with that Trivia, nice to see they finally got that weapon working lol.
                          Looks like its going to be a good end to the season...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                            Nice bit of insight there with that Trivia, nice to see they finally got that weapon working lol.
                            Looks like its going to be a good end to the season...
                            I know what you mean! I can't wait to see who
                            Spoiler:
                            helps Obi-Wan in the finale against Maul and Opress!
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

At a guess--and I do mean guess, what I posted above is all that I know about the upcoming episodes--I would suggest that the "unlikely ally" is

Spoiler:
                              either Ventress or Dooku.

Ventress makes sense, because she'd be battling her traitorous apprentice/tool while Obi-Wan battles his old enemy. Dooku makes sense too, I imagine he'd want revenge for his apprentice (Savage) betraying him.

Or I could be completely out to lunch and it could be someone completely unexpected like Boba Fett or Salacious Crumb

Comment

At a guess--and I do mean guess, what I posted above is all that I know about the upcoming episodes--I would suggest that the "unlikely ally" is

Spoiler:
                                either Ventress or Dooku.

Ventress makes sense, because she'd be battling her traitorous apprentice/tool while Obi-Wan battles his old enemy. Dooku makes sense too, I imagine he'd want revenge for his apprentice (Savage) betraying him.

Or I could be completely out to lunch and it could be someone completely unexpected like Boba Fett or Salacious Crumb
                                I didnt think of
                                Spoiler:
                                Dooku, but now you mention him, he was betrayed by his apprentice, and also, he may see them as a threat as in the trailer, Dooku says something sinister is rising, so maybe he just wants to destory another part of the opposition

Comment

Working...
                                X