• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    4.15 Deception

Spoiler:
    Coruscant shock troopers!

That is a really lousy "sniper"

Shaved and bald Obi-Wan, oh my!

Am I imagining things, or did they change the VA for Windu?

I really like how the Council is excluding Anakin from a plot like this. Really adds to why he doesn't much trust or respect them. I also really like how he shows up in the cantina clearly with revenge on his mind

Cad Bane in prison....that didn't happen at the end of Hunt for Ziro, did it? Maybe we have another prequel episode coming?

On the holotransmitter, Kenobi identifies himself as Ben!

The kid was...Boba Fett? That's a good follow-up to the story at the end of Lethal Trackdown. They seem to have changed his character model significantly.

I love how Bane continues to be ruthlessly effective at everything he does. Blowing down those clone troopers and continuing on like it's nothing--fantastic.

And I see the bit at the end says that this will be another 4-part story. So that'll take us through to 4.18 Crisis on Naboo.
    Spoiler:

Just finished watching the episode right now. Either the clones working the prisons are less than competent or... working as correctional officers isn't in line with clone training, which is why they weren't particularly effective. I think it's a combination of both. I have no desire to work corrections myself.

I was also surprised at how Obi-Wan identified himself as Ben in the holo transmission.

Boba in prison eh? That does explain a few things about how ruthless he was.

I also agree that the Council keeping Anakin out of the loop adds an interesting dimension to things. From a strictly subjective point of view, it really does add to why he doesn't trust them. In his mind, they've repeatedly kept things from him and turning to the dark side later can be seen as a reaction to, in his mind, untrustworthy patterns of behavior on the part of the Jedi.

On a more objective note, I do understand the tactical reasons why the Jedi are sending him on a blind mission but my goodness, in real life, you'll alienate the very people who are ultimately supposed to be on the same side as you with those kinds of mind games.

This looks to be an interesting set of episodes and I think we'll see more of the dark side exposed in Anakin. Speaking of which, I like the small bit of the Imperial theme being played at Obi-Wan's "funeral." Very apropos considering Anakin's desire for revenge. Wonderfully Ironic that Obi-Wan would be the object of the same time type vengeful hatred later in Episode III.
    sigpic

Comment

This looks like an interesting 4 parter...
      Agree with what you both said really, so havent got anything to add.
      I agree Digi, I was going to ask whether Id missed something on Bane being in prison, but yeah, maybe we will see a prequel episode regarding that.
      Next weeks episode should be good!, sneak peak looks good.

Comment

Ahhh

Spoiler:
        Nal Hutta! Gamorreans! Nice to see the....navel? of the underbelly, and to see it done so well.

Palpatine manipulating an angry and bitter Anakin was really nice too. Encouraging his feelings, slipping in intel that would make perfect sense for him to have....wonderfully devious, wonderfully manipulative!

Anakin acting so dark, just fantastic. The way he got into the cantina and how he gripped the Ithorian...

And did everyone else really enjoy just that little bit with Rex? I thought that was incredibly well put together for such a short sequence. Rex defies the Jedi apparently at the behest of Palpatine, while Palpatine himself openly defies the Jedi. Good stuff!

Other stuff I smirked at or otherwise enjoyed
        • Ahsoka pointing out Cad Bane, "who else wears a hat like that?"
        • the second ship that Kenobi/Bane/Eval pick up appears to be the same class of ship as Lando's Lady Luck
        • Obi-Wan really doesn't know how to drive, does he?
        • that distance shot when Ahsoka was watching Anakin deflect Bane's blaster bolts in the mist was gorgeous
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Just ordered season one and two from amazon, gonna watch it soon after finishing my BSG rewatch
          sigpic

Comment

Ahhh

Spoiler:
            Nal Hutta! Gamorreans! Nice to see the....navel? of the underbelly, and to see it done so well.

Palpatine manipulating an angry and bitter Anakin was really nice too. Encouraging his feelings, slipping in intel that would make perfect sense for him to have....wonderfully devious, wonderfully manipulative!

Anakin acting so dark, just fantastic. The way he got into the cantina and how he gripped the Ithorian...

And did everyone else really enjoy just that little bit with Rex? I thought that was incredibly well put together for such a short sequence. Rex defies the Jedi apparently at the behest of Palpatine, while Palpatine himself openly defies the Jedi. Good stuff!

Other stuff I smirked at or otherwise enjoyed
            • Ahsoka pointing out Cad Bane, "who else wears a hat like that?"
            • the second ship that Kenobi/Bane/Eval pick up appears to be the same class of ship as Lando's Lady Luck
            • Obi-Wan really doesn't know how to drive, does he?
            • that distance shot when Ahsoka was watching Anakin deflect Bane's blaster bolts in the mist was gorgeous
            Completely agree with all your comments.
            Regarding next weeks episode, wouldnt Count Dooku sense that Obi Wan was disguised as the bounty hunter?
            Heres the preview clip I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRhOoXr9Z1A

Also, the Box looks interesting...

Comment

Obi-Wan should be skilled enough to mask his presence if he needs to. Anakin couldn't tell directly and they were master and student for years. Anakin was being clouded by rage, of course, but still.

Comment

Whooole lot of "meh" in last night's episode IMO. It's not that there was anything that was really WRONG with it, it just didn't grab me.

Awesome to see a Selkath though.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Upcoming...

4.18 Crisis on Naboo

Synopsis
                  Spoiler:
                  The Chancellor travels to Naboo to preside over a public ceremony, guarded by Jedi Knights. Dooku and his bounty hunters -- including an undercover Obi-Wan Kenobi -- launch their kidnapping plot.

Preview clip

4.19 Massacre

Synopsis
                  Spoiler:
                  The first episode of a four-part season finale. Count Dooku seeks revenge for his betrayal at the hands of Asajj Ventress and the Nightsisters.

Comment

Whooole lot of "meh" in last night's episode IMO. It's not that there was anything that was really WRONG with it, it just didn't grab me.

Awesome to see a Selkath though.
                    Yeah, it was good, but at the same time, bit meh, some nice aspects though.
                    Next week looks good.

Comment

4.18 Crisis on Naboo

Spoiler:
                      • Anakin turned around to be happy with the Council again pretty quikc
                      • loved how ruthlessly and calmly Cad Bane killed the guard on Naboo when they were first infiltrating
                      • aren't holo-disguises supposed to be exceedingly rare and extremely expensive? And they certainly didn't work very well, did they? For infiltration tools they seem to flicker about every 30 seconds or so
                      • aha, I see the cowardly old guy with the pointy goatee from Episode I was in Palpatine's greeting entourage when arriving at Naboo
                      • more of the Coruscant Guard troopers!
                      • the forks sticking in Anakin's mechanical arm during his duel with Dooku was a nice callback to how their fight in Episode II ended
                      • the cinematography of the Anakin/Dooku duel was rather reminiscent of Episode II as well, what with all the close-ups on their faces, illuminated by the glow of their lightsabers
                      • Palpatine is Darth Sidious. Dooku is his ally and apprentice. Dooku's plot is to capture Palpatine, rather than kill him. So....what was Palpatine's endgame here? What was he trying to accomplish?

Comment

I'm a few episodes behind but so far I've enjoyed this season so much. I'm especially happy to see Cad Bane back in action!
                        sigpic

Comment

4.18 Crisis on Naboo

Spoiler:
                          • Anakin turned around to be happy with the Council again pretty quikc
                          • loved how ruthlessly and calmly Cad Bane killed the guard on Naboo when they were first infiltrating
                          • aren't holo-disguises supposed to be exceedingly rare and extremely expensive? And they certainly didn't work very well, did they? For infiltration tools they seem to flicker about every 30 seconds or so
                          • aha, I see the cowardly old guy with the pointy goatee from Episode I was in Palpatine's greeting entourage when arriving at Naboo
                          • more of the Coruscant Guard troopers!
                          • the forks sticking in Anakin's mechanical arm during his duel with Dooku was a nice callback to how their fight in Episode II ended
                          • the cinematography of the Anakin/Dooku duel was rather reminiscent of Episode II as well, what with all the close-ups on their faces, illuminated by the glow of their lightsabers
                          • Palpatine is Darth Sidious. Dooku is his ally and apprentice. Dooku's plot is to capture Palpatine, rather than kill him. So....what was Palpatine's endgame here? What was he trying to accomplish?
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm going to take a shot in the dark about Palpatines's endgame and say he was working to drive the wedge between Anakin and the council deeper and nudge him closer to being his new apprentice.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm going to take a shot in the dark about Palpatines's endgame and say he was working to drive the wedge between Anakin and the council deeper and nudge him closer to being his new apprentice.
                            Spoiler:
                            I don't think so. There's no way he could have known what the council would do, or that it might drive a wedge between them and Anakin. I guess he could have seen the future through the Force, but that's a trait typically exhibited by Jedi, not Sith.
                            Meh...

Comment

Originally posted by Livestick View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              I don't think so. There's no way he could have known what the council would do, or that it might drive a wedge between them and Anakin. I guess he could have seen the future through the Force, but that's a trait typically exhibited by Jedi, not Sith.
                              Spoiler:
                              Very true. I was basing my guess mainly on the fact that Palpatine looked to be really enjoying watching the duel. To me it looked like he was at the least evaluating how powerful Anakin had become and what it might take to turn him.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Very true. I was basing my guess mainly on the fact that Palpatine looked to be really enjoying watching the duel. To me it looked like he was at the least evaluating how powerful Anakin had become and what it might take to turn him.
                                Spoiler:
                                I thought that might have been him realizing that Anakin had the potential to become a powerful Sith. Saying something like "You should have stopped while you were still alive" wasn't very Jedi-like. I think that's when Palpatine realized that Anakin had a darkness in him that he could use to turn him to the dark side.
                                Meh...

Comment

Working...
                                X