The Clone Wars: Season 4 -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    It's been doing that fairly steadily throughout the show's run, but I think it became particularly apparent around the end of Season 2 and then just on from there
    great to here it I dont have to wait too long then !
    sigpic

Comment

It's been doing that fairly steadily throughout the show's run, but I think it became particularly apparent around the end of Season 2 and then just on from there
      Yeah, things got really interesting with the Family Trilogy, especially seeing the dynamic between the Son and the Daughter. I'm hoping the show starts to go in that direction a wee bit more. I also greatly enjoyed seeing the Night Sisters. It's good to see the backstory behind the dark siders developed a bit more.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
        Yeah, things got really interesting with the Family Trilogy, especially seeing the dynamic between the Son and the Daughter. I'm hoping the show starts to go in that direction a wee bit more. I also greatly enjoyed seeing the Night Sisters. It's good to see the backstory behind the dark siders developed a bit more.
        I was thinking more with a certain character's (attempted) revenge story arc at the end of Season 2, but those two trilogies most definitely qualify. And then there was another certain character from the movie's death, plus the Tarkin stuff. Lots of good stuff
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I was thinking more with a certain character's (attempted) revenge story arc at the end of Season 2, but those two trilogies most definitely qualify. And then there was another certain character from the movie's death, plus the Tarkin stuff. Lots of good stuff
          Which ones would you be talking about?
          I think I know, just cant think of them...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            Which ones would you be talking about?
            I think I know, just cant think of them...
            Season 2 final three episodes
            Spoiler:
            Young Boba Fett tries for revenge against Mace Windu, murders clones and takes down a cruiser. And is ruthlessly manipulated by Aurra Sing. Dark, dark stuff. And I loved it all
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Season 2 final three episodes
              Spoiler:
              Young Boba Fett tries for revenge against Mace Windu, murders clones and takes down a cruiser. And is ruthlessly manipulated by Aurra Sing. Dark, dark stuff. And I loved it all
              That was some of the darkest material for the series. I originally thought, "Wow, goading a boy into murder. That's pretty heavy stuff for this series." I too loved the material. I'm hoping we'll see Boba again this season.
              sigpic

Comment

4.08 The General

Spoiler:
                ....wow. Holy crap. Dark, very disturbing at times, incredibly violent, and almost completely clone-centric. This arc so far is easily among the best in the series to date IMO.

Nice little appearance in this one that I'll share in case anyone missed it: one of the clones was Sgt. Appo. This marks his first chronological appearance on screen, but he previously appeared/will appear in Episode III, a commander by that point, overseeing the assault on the Jedi Temple--he's the one who points his blaster at Senator Organa and tells him he needs to leave.
                Last edited by DigiFluid; 05 November 2011, 06:02 AM.

Comment

4.08 The General

Spoiler:
                  ....wow. Holy crap. Dark, very disturbing at times, incredibly violent, and almost completely clone-centric. This arc so far is easily among the best in the series to date IMO.

Nice little appearance in this one that I'll share in case anyone missed it: one of the clones was Sgt. Appo. This marks his first chronological appearance on screen, but he previously appeared/will appear in Episode III, a commander by that point, overseeing the assault on the Jedi Temple--he's the one who points his blaster at Senator Organa and tells him he needs to leave.
                  Spoiler:
                  I caught Sgt. Appo too!! Wonder when he'll be getting commissioned.

Rex and his boys are really showing how free thinking the clones are, didn't they? I wonder how much longer before one of them says Krell has to go before he gets them all killed for no good reason.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

4.08 The General

Spoiler:

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    I caught Sgt. Appo too!! Wonder when he'll be getting commissioned.

Rex and his boys are really showing how free thinking the clones are, didn't they? I wonder how much longer before one of them says Krell has to go before he gets them all killed for no good reason.
                    I just watched this earlier tonight. Like Digi said, this is really dark... and I loved it. I liked the interaction between the clones--very reminiscent of some scenes in Band of Brothers and The Pacific, I thought.

I don't want to get sidetracked but the episode definitely hearkened to an intensely serious private discussion a coworker and I had today. He and I are basically the loose cannons at work and in an arena where there's a clearly defined chain of command, people like us are considered a problem. However, our position has been firm: We have no problem respecting authority. My coworker friend is ex-military and understands following orders to a T and so do I. But he and I are NOT drones. We are of a mindset where if an authority figure demands respect from us, that authority figure better be damned well worthy of that respect otherwise we will not only openly question that authority figure, we will undermine that authority behind the scenes as well.

If the general called the shots at our workplace, we would have been fired long ago. Thankfully my friend and I are virtually immune from that kind of retaliation as our new bosses are protecting us while all our old bosses can do is make us miserable.

I wouldn't be surprised if the clones decide to ice the general in the next episode. Hell, I probably would if I were a clone and the casualty rates in that battalion got extreme.
                    Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 05 November 2011, 09:46 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow, this story arc is absolutely bloody amazing!
                      Its like a full on film, the effects are amazing, theres a good story line with strong characters and I cant wait to see the conclusion.
                      Really nice to have a clone centric story too, I dont think the clones will kill the general, maybe just ignore his orders.
                      Also, nice new set of weapons being used in this storyline, they are pretty badass. Can see why the Republic dont really want this planet in the Separatist hands, apart from the supply routes.
                      This is Star Wars The Clone Wars at its best!

Comment

Just a thought about Krell

Spoiler:
                        If I remember right in the last one towars the end, they showed the flames from the battle reflecked in his eyes. Could that be a little foreshadowing of him going dark side because he likes the conflict too much?

Comment

Weakest episode of the arc so far tonight, IMO. Not awful, but not as good as the others. And I really laughed at the one battle droid telling the others that break time was over--what do droids need a break for?

Chilling preview clip for next week's episode.

Comment

Weakest episode of the arc so far tonight, IMO. Not awful, but not as good as the others. And I really laughed at the one battle droid telling the others that break time was over--what do droids need a break for?

Chilling preview clip for next week's episode.
                            That was absolutely an LOL moment. I wonder if there's a droid labor union that demands a 5 minute rest for every 24 hours of activation or something.

Next week looks really interesting.

Spoiler:
                            I really want to know if Fives lives or not. He's really growing on me. Or importantly, will Rex do what Krell wants?

Comment

I really enjoyed this one. It was nice to see the Droids put a tiny bit of humour in the episode, the visuals of the ships breaking the atmosphere and seeing the battle looked great and it was a nice to nod to the Episode I.

Spoiler:
                              I loved Krell's final line, "For crossing me, you will pay the price" but I really expect Anakin to show up, commend the Clones and let them return to duty because the plan is exactly something Anakin would do. It adds a nice dynamic to Anakin and his command of the 501st because they do act a bit like him

I must say this arc is amazing, but it makes Episode III somewhat disappointing. We're seeing how independent the Clones can be by disobeying orders because they believe something is wrong and not pointlessly waste life, yet the 501st and the other Clones wipe the Jedi out without so much as a second thought.

If Lucas is interested in tinkering with the movies, then perhaps he should consider through in a single scene in III involving Clones allowing a certain Togrutan Padawan escape.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                                I must say this arc is amazing, but it makes Episode III somewhat disappointing. We're seeing how independent the Clones can be by disobeying orders because they believe something is wrong and not pointlessly waste life, yet the 501st and the other Clones wipe the Jedi out without so much as a second thought.
                                I completely disagree. The clones are loyal to the Republic and, as we've seen in this current arc, get the job done regardless of morality or consequence. Pair that with clones having bad experiences with Jedi generals like Krell (and I believe the clones insult and make fun of Ki-Adi-Mundi in the RC novels as well), and it's a pretty easy step to make.

That, and that Order 66 is one of 150 emergency contingency orders. And if the Chancellor gets on the horn to tell you that your boss's cult has committed treason and tried to take over the government, well. There you go.

Comment

Working...
                                X