Star Wars: KoToR Game(s) Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MajorWoods View Post
    Anyone else like Kotor 2 over Kotor 1? It wasn't finished, but it had the most mature and in depth version of the force of anything in the star wars universe. Plus it gets really complex. Also, the NPC system is pretty awesome. The whole influence system was way ahead of its time.
    It would have been, yeah, if it wasn't rushed to the deadline. The story was much deeper and seemed more mature than any other Star Wars thing I've seen so far. The characters were also better, imo. Still, gameplaywise 1 is more solid.
    Mia: Don't you hate that?
    Vincent: Hate what?
    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
      On a side note, I've been trying to find the orginal xbox version to buy. I have the PC version on steam, but I'd like a copy to play on the 360.

I can't find anything. Amazon has it, but it's ranging from 60-100$ new.
      Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      And apparently it's a bit buggy, too. Something about the emulation the 360 uses.
      Yeah, the Xbox version isn't really worth it if you already have the PC version.
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I only ask because sometimes it's better to play on the T.V., instead of the computer.

Comment

But from what I've read....this is not one of those times. Apparently there's major issues with the 360's emulation of KOTOR--it fades out audio at random, audio plays improperly or not at all during cutscenes, the game will not load if your system settings are set to widescreen and/or high-definition resolution. Just horrible problems, I've read.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

But from what I've read....this is not one of those times. Apparently there's major issues with the 360's emulation of KOTOR--it fades out audio at random, audio plays improperly or not at all during cutscenes, the game will not load if your system settings are set to widescreen and/or high-definition resolution. Just horrible problems, I've read.
            It's time like these that I wish the orginal box was still in production.

Although, I suppose I could run a cable from my PC, and stream it to the T.V., and get a xbox-computer controller. A lot of work, but I'm determined.

Comment

That's a heck of a lot of hassle when you have a perfectly good monitor sitting right in front of you
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Not really... PC>TV connection is always worth it
                Mia: Don't you hate that?
                Vincent: Hate what?
                Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I've only played KoToR on computer. I love the games! Realy wished they would make another one though. Want to find out what happened to Revan and the Exile!

Comment

Seems to me that Star Wars: The Old Republic may just give us an answer to that:
                    http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/ti...jedi-civil-war

Comment

Seems to me that Star Wars: The Old Republic may just give us an answer to that:
                      http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/ti...jedi-civil-war
                      Anything explained in that horrible excuse for a game I'll discount. I'd rather have the 3rd game in the series explain it.

Comment

That's dumb. The game isn't even out yet, looks beyond awesome, and you're already calling it a horrible excuse for a game.

Comment

It is what it is.

Comment

That's dumb. The game isn't even out yet, looks beyond awesome, and you're already calling it a horrible excuse for a game.
                            I apologize for being rude. I'm just very apprehensive over this game. They could have easily made a 3rd KoToR that would probably, and likely be vastly superior... even more so since all the great RPG games that have hit the market over the last few years. Really opening the door to much more fans. But instead, they took the online gaming route. I don't have any distaste towards the game, but towards the fact that it was even made. If that makes any sense.

Online games just take too much of my time. I used to be a big Everquest fan, for many many years... and played for soo many hours. I really don't want to jump on that wagon again.

I'd have preferred a single standalone game set in the Starwars series again. In the KoToR universe. It's just such a loss that it's wasn't made, and cancelled. I can only hope that with the success of this game, it warrants the making of the 3rd game.

Comment

Fair enough. I would love love love to see a KOTOR3 as well, so I can certainly sympathize. But I'm still salivating over TOR

Comment

Knights of the old republic is set around 1000 years later I think. I could be wrong.
                                Dr. Andrew Clarke

Aftermath GW RP

Comment

Working...
                                X