No announcement yet.

Favourite Era?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked the Old republic, because I got to feel the environment through the game.

It's so fleshed out more then all the other eras.

Comment

legacy
      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

The Empire Era seems so plain and depressing to me. And the New Jedi Order/New Republic era is just so un-star wars like. I can't really explain more. I've read quite a few book in that era and it just seems like some other space adventure world.

The Old Republic is the best Era. When I play the Kotor games, it feels very star wars like, but still has that dark side v.s. lightside feeling-without being very depressive like the Empire Era. Its like, the galaxy knew of the Sith and Jedi, but they still managed to get on with their lives, where as the Empire, its like everyone is always paranoid and looking over their shoulder. -Idk, just the vibe I feel

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiGeek17 View Post
          The Empire Era seems so plain and depressing to me. And the New Jedi Order/New Republic era is just so un-star wars like. I can't really explain more. I've read quite a few book in that era and it just seems like some other space adventure world.

The Old Republic is the best Era. When I play the Kotor games, it feels very star wars like, but still has that dark side v.s. lightside feeling-without being very depressive like the Empire Era. Its like, the galaxy knew of the Sith and Jedi, but they still managed to get on with their lives, where as the Empire, its like everyone is always paranoid and looking over their shoulder. -Idk, just the vibe I feel
          I thought the NJO and New Republic were very Star Wars like....and everything else well, isn't. Everything about the Old Republic is overrated IMO. But I still like The Old Republic era.
          Last edited by Replicator Todd; 27 April 2011, 03:57 PM.

Comment

I'm rather torn between Imperial/Galactic Civil War and New Republic... but I think I'm gonna go with the latter, probably at least in part because I grew up reading EU novels set in that era.
            sigpic

Comment

I would have to say that the Old Republic is my favorite era. I just love the Jedi and the political intrigue that is going on during that period. Also, Qui-Gon is still alive then, and he is one of my favorite characters in the whole story arc.
              Signature by Glitch33.
              sigpic
              Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
                I would have to say that the Old Republic is my favorite era. I just love the Jedi and the political intrigue that is going on during that period. Also, Qui-Gon is still alive then, and he is one of my favorite characters in the whole story arc.
                Yeah the old republic was pretty cool can't wait to read the Knight Errant Series.

Comment

Qui-Gon is part of the Rise of the Empire Era
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I thought he was part of the Clone Wars era?
                    Mia: Don't you hate that?
                    Vincent: Hate what?
                    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                      I thought he was part of the Clone Wars era?
                      Which isn't its own era, it's part of the Rise of the Empire Era. And since Qui-Gon was dead by the time the Clone Wars happened, I think that's stretching the definition a bit

The eras, chronologically (and not mis-ordered by a well-intentioned moderator ), are
                      - Ancient Republic, more than 5000 years Before the Battle of Yavin (not a Lucas official era title, but it works)
                      - Old Republic, from 5000 BBY to 1000 BBY (Lucas-sanctioned)
                      - Rise of the Empire, from 1000 BBY to 0 BBY (Lucas-sanctioned)
                      - Rebellion, from 0 BBY to 4 years After the Battle of Yavin (Lucas-sanctioned)
                      - New Republic, from 5 ABY till 24 ABY (Lucas-sanctioned)
                      - New Jedi Order, from 24.5 ABY till 36 ABY (Lucas-sanctioned)
                      - Legacy, 40 ABY and beyond (Lucas-sanctioned)

As you can see from the poll options, I've treated them slightly differently but I think I've kept in the spirit of it all. I just think that the Lucas-sanctioned era names give too much emphasis to the Rebellion.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I went for New Republic. I'm liking the time between The Yuuzhan Vong war and Legacy...it's mainly because of the games that I went with New Republic...but Old republic is starting to sound more interesting to me.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Ancient Republic
                          The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
                          sigpic

Comment

Old Republic especially during the KOTOR games that is my favorite period
                            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                            A Face you Can Trust
                            sigpic
                            So whats the worst that could happen?
                            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

old republic they also use ATC BTC it think that is it in the old republic area looking at the old republic website

Before the treaty of corasant
                              after the treaty of corasent

Comment

I went with the New Republic Era, but the Galactic Civil War Era came in extremely close for second followed by the Ancient Republic, which I am liking more and more. New Republic Era has Thrawn, the X-wing series, and several REALLY good games. Plus I just like the overall feel and technology. Plus, Luke, Han, and Leia!

Comment

Working...
                                X