Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars -- Season 2 discussion thread (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    I'm not sure they can be considered child soldiers in the typical sense. They are being trained to fight, to be soldiers but I wouldn't consider them more than trainees or at least overhyped boy scouts.

I did like the Boba development. How he was unable to kill the Trooper because he was basically looking at his father, how was unable to kill the other clones. Boba within the comics is supposed to be fairly brutal from what I understand, but I like how he was just looking to get Mace but didn't want to hurt anyone else.

Post 5,000
    Last edited by SaberBlade; 19 April 2010, 04:55 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid1 View Post
      2.20 "Death Trap"

Spoiler:
      Cool episode. Not as action-packed as others, but pretty solid in terms of plot and little elements, I think. The re-introduction of Boba Fett and Aurra Sing was pretty neat. I like that they made sure to emphasize that he was only using single shots to control the drones, and even more the part where he willingly abandoned the other cadets to die.

Nice to see more complexity being added to the Star Wars universe in this one too. Seeing some of the early training of clones is kind of interesting, considering that to this point all we've really seen is them at computers on Kamino (in Episode II). I couldn't help but be slightly disturbed by that too though. If you stop and think about it, the Republic is training child soldiers, even going so far as to give them numbers rather than names. On this planet, that's considered a war crime of the highest order. I also noticed that in the 'decompression' scene, nobody gave a damn about the clones that had been blown out into space. Not one mention. Something I'd like to see in the future, whether in this series or in the live-action, is a push for clones' rights. It'd make a really interesting allegory for racial and sexual equality.

But I digress, I was on the topic of adding depth to the SW universe. It also really piqued my interest that, when the ship was going down and the ship commander was insisting on staying behind, he dismissed Anakin's pleas for him to leave with "I wouldn't expect you to understand it, Jedi." The tone in which that was delivered was terrific; things like that go a long way to explaining why it seems like nobody gives a damn about the Jedi being exterminated--because they weren't terribly well-liked to begin with.

VFX looked great too. I frelling loved all the shots of the damaged cruiser in space, and the atmospheric re-entry looked really awesome too. Looking forward to seeing it in high-def
      How have you seen this one already?
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It's not hard
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

2.21 "R2 Come Home"
          Spoiler:
          Fun little episode, except for a few gripes.

The VFX of the downed, burning cruiser were just fantastic. Can't wait to see that on BD. Same with the bridge explosion and the final destruction of the ship.

I think it's kind of an interesting tell about the character that Anakin obviously feels more for his astromech droid than Mace Windu does for his. Or, for that matter, how most people seem to feel about their droids. Very subtly in-character. A nice touch.

I lol'd a little at the alien beasts. They reminded me a heck of a lot of Man-Bat from the Batman TAS cartoon

I really dug the whole bounty hunter angle though. Seeing Boba still trying to make sure he'd killed Mace Windu is pretty damn cool, even moreso since he has the (as yet unexplained) backing of Aurra Sing. I also had a major nerd squee moment when Aurra called the Trandoshan, Bossk. I thought it looked like him, but I was so thrilled when it was confirmed

The one major gripe I had about this episode though was that the bounty hunters were all suffering from a BAD variation on Stormtrooper Syndrome. Here they are, some of the most notorious and cunning bounty hunters in the galaxy and they're outwitted by a freaking astromech droid. *facepalms*

Shame the season is almost over
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            2.21 "R2 Come Home"
            Spoiler:
            Fun little episode, except for a few gripes.

The VFX of the downed, burning cruiser were just fantastic. Can't wait to see that on BD. Same with the bridge explosion and the final destruction of the ship.

I think it's kind of an interesting tell about the character that Anakin obviously feels more for his astromech droid than Mace Windu does for his. Or, for that matter, how most people seem to feel about their droids. Very subtly in-character. A nice touch.

I lol'd a little at the alien beasts. They reminded me a heck of a lot of Man-Bat from the Batman TAS cartoon

I really dug the whole bounty hunter angle though. Seeing Boba still trying to make sure he'd killed Mace Windu is pretty damn cool, even moreso since he has the (as yet unexplained) backing of Aurra Sing. I also had a major nerd squee moment when Aurra called the Trandoshan, Bossk. I thought it looked like him, but I was so thrilled when it was confirmed

The one major gripe I had about this episode though was that the bounty hunters were all suffering from a BAD variation on Stormtrooper Syndrome. Here they are, some of the most notorious and cunning bounty hunters in the galaxy and they're outwitted by a freaking astromech droid. *facepalms*

Shame the season is almost over
            Spoiler:
            It's sad to be honest when it comes to R2, he's a fantastic droid and in Episodes IV to VI we just love him, but the Clone Wars version of R2 was built of so much awesome, the original trilogy version seems lame in comparison. Most notorious bounty hunters or not, R2 is just brilliant. He even outflew Boba's aiming which was fantastic, and seeing him fire the creature attached to a Fighter was great. Easily the best Star Wars character ever, seriously, wonder if Driods can use the Force if we just ignore the whole midichlorian thing.

I didn't know the name of the Gorn (Trandoshan) bounty hunter in Episode V, but once I saw him in this, I knew it had to be the same character so glad to see it was the same. Overall I rather enjoyed the episode, but the fact Boba went from not looking to hurt anyone, to seemingly letting all the other clones be executed was very off character from what we had seen just one episode earlier.

I'm annoyed now, that the US should get the finale a day before the UK if it's aired as double length episode.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              wonder if Driods can use the Force if we just ignore the whole midichlorian thing.
              What midichlorian thing?

Spoiler:
              I didn't know the name of the Gorn (Trandoshan) bounty hunter in Episode V, but once I saw him in this, I knew it had to be the same character so glad to see it was the same.
              Spoiler:
              Yep, Bossk. I was thrilled

You should read the Tales of the Bounty Hunters anthology, if you haven't already

Spoiler:
              Overall I rather enjoyed the episode, but the fact Boba went from not looking to hurt anyone, to seemingly letting all the other clones be executed was very off character from what we had seen just one episode earlier.
              That's a really good point, I hadn't thought of that.

I'm annoyed now, that the US should get the finale a day before the UK if it's aired as double length episode.
              Well, it's just a day

Comment

What midichlorian thing?
                "“Midi-chlorians are a microscopic life form that resides within all living cells".

Actually, if R2 uses organic oil, who knows.

sigpic

Comment

"“Midi-chlorians are a microscopic life form that resides within all living cells".

Actually, if R2 uses organic oil, who knows.
                  I don't think you quite followed what I meant

Comment

I don't think you quite followed what I meant
                    Actually I did, but I had to spell it for people who may not have.

Ah, if only it were easy to reject something just because it's stupid... wait, it's the internet, we totally can. R2 with force please.

sigpic

Comment

I reject stupid things in TV and movies all the time. The internet has nothing to do with it

Comment

I reject stupid things in TV and movies all the time. The internet has nothing to do with it
                        But who can you complain to about it, at least who can you complain about it and have people agree with you? In my family it's "oh really? well that's bad. maybe they'll fix it". Bah, can't have a good rant about Star Wars with them. In my family, it would be "what's a midi-chlorine? There are pools in Star Wars?"

sigpic

Comment

Haha

I don't really need to vent. I just construct my own versions of fictional realities to suit how I thing they should've been done In the words of Adam Savage's t-shirt: "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

The internet just happens to give me a soapbox from which I can rant my sophistries lol

Comment

Holy cow....great finale!

Seeing the seedy underbelly of the SW universe is always beyond cool. And the animation/lighting effects, one word: wow.

My only real complaint is
                            Spoiler:
                            They crashed and wrecked Slave I? What the hell? Does that destroy continuity with the OT or correct it by assuming Boba Fett's ship in the OT is a new Slave I?
                            Last edited by DigiFluid; 30 April 2010, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Got about 5 and a half hours left until I get to see the second part of the finale. Looking forward to it.

sigpic

Comment

I can't wait to watch both parts in a little while. I have been working a lot, and had to DVR the finale.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X