Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars -- Season 2 discussion thread (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I just got done watching "The Zillo Beast". Felt kind of short, had a few laughs. It's definitely going to look fantastic on BD.

Spoiler:
    I did a major *facepalm* when they said they were taking the creature to Coruscant though lol
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, I have the feeling we'll get a Godzilla episode soon, with the beast climbing up the Jedi temple holding Padme.

I loved the look of the episode, having it dark but seeing the bright lightsabers and the green liquid. I also loved R2 in this episode.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
      That episode was the definition of awesome . It was so amazing and a great lesson, you cannot expect to be at peace if you are not willing to fight for it yourself. There was a great episode of Andromeda like this but this one was so much better. Though it was odd that the Jedi cared about the Pirates so much, though in the end that was the point of it I guess, especially with Obi Wan and the female bounty hunter. Loved the bit with the tank

Oh and the Boba commercial was awesome

Four eps left
      Hondo: You know what I always say, speak softly and drive a big tank
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by iloveteyla
        I watched last weeks about the farmers being under siege from bandits and it was exactly the same story as the film The magnificent seven that i watched the night before and that film was made in 1957
        It was an homage to Akira Kurosawa, as stated prior to the prologue.
        sigpic

Comment

This weeks new episode is carrying on from the last one. I had the choice of doing shopping and missing Star Wars, or doing shopping and missing Doctor Who. I picked to miss Star Wars so need to catch it tomorrow.

sigpic

Comment

2.19 "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back"
            Spoiler:
            An interesting story. I quite like that the first half of the episode was essentially about the moral qualms of animal testing. I was also really very intrigued at Anakin's support of Palpatine's arguments.

Then, as we all expected, it turned into a godzilla story (complete with 'planes' buzzing around the beast). Very impressive VFX though. I always love seeing Coruscant, so to see more of it and have a whole bunch of it get smashed is really very cool. I especially liked that there were shots of people falling to their doom and the one royal guard getting pancaked--totally not a kid's cartoon.

I don't like the voice actor they have doing Mace Windu though, particularly in this episode. The delivery of the line "how can it be a plan if it's improvised?" was really painful. It sounded like someone was trying to make a very concerted effort to sound 'street'.

On the audio topic: did anyone else thing that the musical scoring of this episode was brilliant? Best so far, by far IMO.

Really though, in the history of 'astonishingly bad ideas', bringing the Zillo Beast to Coruscant has to rank pretty damn near the top lol

Oh, and R2's magnet/suction cup moment was hilarious
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
              Hondo: You know what I always say, speak softly and drive a big tank

The new episode...before the 2.19 was pretty good. I was just annoyed a bit by the beginning of the thing and the whole qualms of the bomb. I mean it seemed overly powerful if it made that kind of sink hole unless the crust on Malastar is remarkably thin.

The moral qualms of animal rights and that was well done, though a bit over the top. The Jedi should have respected the sentients first. though I was really wishing Windu stuck his Lightsaber in the guy when he said "we are innocent creatures too"

Comment

when anakin said it paid for their mistakes,really it was palpatines mistake, aside from the moral issues surely there must have been an uninhabited planet they could have taken the zillo beast to to study

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post

The new episode...before the 2.19 was pretty good. I was just annoyed a bit by the beginning of the thing and the whole qualms of the bomb. I mean it seemed overly powerful if it made that kind of sink hole unless the crust on Malastar is remarkably thin.
                  yeah I noticed that too. the bomb was pretty cool though. best line in The Zillo Beast Strikes Back:

Anakin: Hey, it worked.
                  Master Windu: Are you sure?
                  Anakin: Yes, I'm sure... You go first

sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Yeah, I have the feeling we'll get a Godzilla episode soon, with the beast climbing up the Jedi temple holding Padme.

I loved the look of the episode, having it dark but seeing the bright lightsabers and the green liquid. I also loved R2 in this episode.
                    Just finished watching The Zillo Beast.

Spoiler:
                    I also agree that the glow of the lightsabers in the sinkhole mist was a good touch. And this time R2 really saved Anakin's butt when he got a little in over his head in that sinkhole. We've hardly ever seen R2 use his rocket modules so it was a good opportunity to shine.
                    sigpic

Comment

I keep missing the episodes! >.<

But atleast they come up promptly on their site
                      Anyone think that Separatist commander in the cloak ship was a littel....eww worthy?
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                        I keep missing the episodes! >.<

But atleast they come up promptly on their site
                        Anyone think that Separatist commander in the cloak ship was a littel....eww worthy?
                        Having him come up as a recurring character would have been good. Eventually, he would have needed to get scragged to fall into proper continuity with Ep. III but having him around as a thorn in the Republic's side would have been interesting.
                        sigpic

Comment

The Republic does need someone who can be a thorn in their side. It's pointless doing anything with Grievous, Dooku or Palpatine because we know they will live/escape at the end of an episode. Ventress wouldn't be a bad choice but a Dark Acolyte showing up every episode would be boring. I'm glad they did kill the Spider dude, as he scared the **** out of me.

As for this weeks new episode, I enjoyed it and was glad at the scientists final sentence. I look forward to seeing what Palpatine could do with an army of these creatures dropped on Separatist worlds.

sigpic

Comment

"Zillo Beast" was a great episode in terms of scope and visual presence. Elements reminded me of Godzilla/Cloverfield and Shadow of the Colossus.

I may be wrong, but is this the first appearance of the Separatist's Crab Droids and the Republic's ARC-170? If so, it appears we are definitely moving closer to the later stages of the Clone Wars.

I'd also really like to see how the fcuk they intend to transport the beast back to Coruscant. I'm sure that element will be conveniently left out.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just saw the first episode with Boba in it. Must say, it's not what I expected but I did like the portrayal of Boba. I'm looking forward to part two, especially since the end introduced a character I've been looking for them to use.

sigpic

Comment

2.20 "Death Trap"

Spoiler:
                                Cool episode. Not as action-packed as others, but pretty solid in terms of plot and little elements, I think. The re-introduction of Boba Fett and Aurra Sing was pretty neat. I like that they made sure to emphasize that he was only using single shots to control the drones, and even more the part where he willingly abandoned the other cadets to die.

Nice to see more complexity being added to the Star Wars universe in this one too. Seeing some of the early training of clones is kind of interesting, considering that to this point all we've really seen is them at computers on Kamino (in Episode II). I couldn't help but be slightly disturbed by that too though. If you stop and think about it, the Republic is training child soldiers, even going so far as to give them numbers rather than names. On this planet, that's considered a war crime of the highest order. I also noticed that in the 'decompression' scene, nobody gave a damn about the clones that had been blown out into space. Not one mention. Something I'd like to see in the future, whether in this series or in the live-action, is a push for clones' rights. It'd make a really interesting allegory for racial and sexual equality.

But I digress, I was on the topic of adding depth to the SW universe. It also really piqued my interest that, when the ship was going down and the ship commander was insisting on staying behind, he dismissed Anakin's pleas for him to leave with "I wouldn't expect you to understand it, Jedi." The tone in which that was delivered was terrific; things like that go a long way to explaining why it seems like nobody gives a damn about the Jedi being exterminated--because they weren't terribly well-liked to begin with.

VFX looked great too. I frelling loved all the shots of the damaged cruiser in space, and the atmospheric re-entry looked really awesome too. Looking forward to seeing it in high-def
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X