Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery (Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The show does not sound fun, not at all.
    Hopefully the characters and dialogue will be good, otherwise, I'll stop watching just like SG:U.

So both the next Stargate and Star Trek series are prequils. Makes me sad.

It appears hollywood is using 'dark' and 'drama' as a crutch for creative thinking... hell, for any thinking really.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      I suppose just treating them like rhino horns or dear antlers would just be to much common sense. Evolutions takes thousands of years at a minimum, no way is the Klingon space empire that old.
      Maybe prewarp Klingons were taken from their homeworld by a malevolent band of serpentine aliens and seeded on various worlds to serve as slaves, only to be liberated thousands of years later by the burgeoning Klingon Empire.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
        Maybe prewarp Klingons were taken from their homeworld by a malevolent band of serpentine aliens and seeded on various worlds to serve as slaves, only to be liberated thousands of years later by the burgeoning Klingon Empire.
        I actually like this idea...
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Not out of the question either. I think it is canon that the Klingons fought and defeated and ancient Empire before they rose up. Think they were called the Hur'q.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Actually the Hurq plundered the Klingons and fled to the Gamma Quadrant. The Klingons never defeated them as we know.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Right, it was the gods who the Klingons slayed according to their myths.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Actually the Hurq plundered the Klingons and fled to the Gamma Quadrant. The Klingons never defeated them as we know.
                well as the term "Hur'q" was a Klingon term meaning "outsider"...makes you wonder if these "outsiders" were a then fledgling Dominion

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Gamma Quadrant you say?

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                  well as the term "Hur'q" was a Klingon term meaning "outsider"...makes you wonder if these "outsiders" were a then fledgling Dominion
                  I doubt it. They could have encountered them, and been defeated by them. I think Klingons would have recognized the "outsiders".
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    Gamma Quadrant you say?

I doubt it. They could have encountered them, and been defeated by them. I think Klingons would have recognized the "outsiders".
                    yeah but if this were a fledgling Dominion...I think the Hur'q invasion and plundering took place around the 14th century...in 10 centuries I would think what they looked like would've passed from memory

evidence for these outsiders being a small fledgling Dominion could be borne out by the fact that the founders may have just created some Jem'Hadar and sent them out.....they encounter the wormhole and encounter the Klingon homeworld and plunder it...the Klingons are able to rebel and throw them off the planet but not before they've plundered everything of value...for the greater glory of the Dominion of course...because during what was supposed ot be first contact the Jem'Hadar are already aware of the Klingons as the one guard says he wishes he could fight one as they were reported to be fierce warriors......how would they have any knowledge at all of the Klingons if this was their first contact with species from the Alpha Quadrant?

Comment

yeah but if this were a fledgling Dominion...I think the Hur'q invasion and plundering took place around the 14th century...in 10 centuries I would think what they looked like would've passed from memory
                      Any spacefaring race would have had the ability to have records, electronic or otherwise from 1000 years back.

Comment

evidence for these outsiders being a small fledgling Dominion could be borne out by the fact that the founders may have just created some Jem'Hadar and sent them out.....they encounter the wormhole and encounter the Klingon homeworld and plunder it...the Klingons are able to rebel and throw them off the planet but not before they've plundered everything of value...for the greater glory of the Dominion of course...because during what was supposed ot be first contact the Jem'Hadar are already aware of the Klingons as the one guard says he wishes he could fight one as they were reported to be fierce warriors......how would they have any knowledge at all of the Klingons if this was their first contact with species from the Alpha Quadrant?
                        If I remember correctly, the Dominion was monitoring and observing Alpha Quadrant forays into the Gamma Quadrant for some time before first contact.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                        Any spacefaring race would have had the ability to have records, electronic or otherwise from 1000 years back.
                        Yeah, but records can be corrupted and lost even in electronic form. Time takes no prisoners. In this, MG has a good point.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

There was a panel on Discovery's production design at FanExpo Toronto yesterday. Some pretty interesting stuff in there, like how even at a design/control level, they already see it as part of their work to create a transition toward what's seen in TOS.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                            Klingons were pre-warp around that time....and probably got warp drive from plundering any tech the "outsiders" left behind

Comment

Discovery's Theme Takes Cue From The Past

There's a poll at the end of the TV Guide Article about the theme. It just ask which theme you prefer the TOS theme or Discovery's: http://www.tvguide.com/news/star-trek-discovery-theme/

Last edited by planet_tv; 12 September 2017, 07:36 PM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I'd prefer the original theme.

Comment

Working...
                                X