Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery (Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    It looks like someone flipped over a D-9 and took a bat to the "cockpit section" to flatten it out a bit.
    LOL Yes, I can see what you mean!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      Yes, and I'm very relieved that they're still working on it too. I don't like the colour or the fact that, as you say, it is at its basic level just a bunch of random shapes stuck together.

One other thing...the deflector dish design on the USS Discovery is also of Star Trek: The Motion Picture era of ships (2270's upwards) so that right away is 20-years too early for when Star Trek: Discovery is set (2250's). That needs to be changed to reflect the satellite type of dishes used on Enterprise NX-01 or the USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (pre-refit obviously).
      don't forget though that if this series is gonna be part of the JJ Abrams reboot universe that a lot of ships might have tech more advanced than is seen in the classic universe

Comment

I thought it wasn't going to be in the Abrams verse...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It's not.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            It's not.
            Good (not a fan of the Abrams reboots)

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
              Good (not a fan of the Abrams reboots)
              That makes two of us.

Comment

I'm not much of one either, but "Beyond" at least felt like real Star Trek.

Comment

EXCLUSIVE!! More STAR TREK DISCOVERY Scoop!! Lead Will Be Called ‘Number One’!! Nick Meyer Scripts Hour Two!! Bryan Fuller Hires Co-Showrunners!! More!!
                  http://www.aintitcool.com/node/76084

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I still wish we finally got a 25th century Star Trek. We've been in the 22nd-24th multiple times.
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I'm not liking this whole "Buy our service to see it" model they're running with. I am not spending money for a service that will only be used for one show.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
                        I know most people didn't like the enterprise Era, but I'd live to see the beginnings of the Federation.
                        Some years ago I had speculated on a storyline for a miniseries starting prior to the birth of the Federation up to the beginning of TOS. The closest we had to that was Star Trek: Enterprise.
                        Total syffy posts: 36,690
                        (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                        Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                          I'm not liking this whole "Buy our service to see it" model they're running with. I am not spending money for a service that will only be used for one show.

They'll put it on DVD eventually which could be less expensive than streaming.
                          Total syffy posts: 36,690
                          (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                          Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                            I still wish we finally got a 25th century Star Trek. We've been in the 22nd-24th multiple times.
                            where they encounter Buck Rogers's probe

Comment

I didn't see this mentioned here, so I thought I would post a link to one of the articles about it:

New Discovery Launch Date -- May 2017

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

This is interesting:

"Star Trek: Discovery is coming to CBS All Access in May, 2017, following the premiere on the CBS Television Network, and will be distributed concurrently on Netflix in 188 countries and through Bell Media in Canada."

Comment

Working...
                                X