Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could David Foster make a new Star Trek series a reality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could David Foster make a new Star Trek series a reality?

David Foster says that he would like to make a new Star Trek series with CBS one which wouuld chronologically follow Voyager. The idea he said would be to return the franchise to the original canon, and introduce a younger cast, and a new Starship crew. Foster said one of the things the series would introduce is that the Ferenegi have discovered untold riches which will have them rise to great power, and a Klingon Empire tired of having to rely on the Federation to solve it's problems, and more of a return to the Klingon Empire set in the original series with James T. Kirk.
    1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
    5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
    6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:1-6

Sounds interesting.

Nothing much was done with the Ferengi alliance on the various shows. They were supposed to replace the Klingons as a new enemy for the Federation in T.N.G, but proved to not scary/lovable/not a good option because they quest for profit not war. Selling weapons is profitable, having your ships blown up is not. The Romulans returned and Borg were brought in as a new enemies.

I would like to see the Romulan empire negotiate to become a member of the Federation, following the events of Nemesis.
    sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

A lot of those ideas are terrible.

The Ferengi don't need to discover "untold riches" to become a powerful player in the Alpha Quadrant. They were the least affected by the Dominion War which means everyone is going to be borrowing and buying from them. The fact that they remained neutral with the Dominion means plenty of trading opportunities with Gamma Quadrant races.

The Klingons should not be tired of relying on the Federation to solve their problems, they should be tired of the Federation's meddling in their affairs. The Federation will probably prevent the Klingons from keeping too much of the Cardassian and Breen territories they conquered. Since the Klingons suffered the most during the war, they would be in no position to challenge the Federation. This could lead to the Klingon empire being fractured. There would be factions that refuse to give up the territories they conquered.

Comment

We already mocked and scorned the Foster nonsense here

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/82375-New-ST-series
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          We already mocked and scorned the Foster nonsense here

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/82375-New-ST-series
          I think anyone moron who brags in public about reviving Star Trek on TV, their huge plan for it's return and everything they've got in mind, but actually fails to actually talk to CBS/Paramount (not which company he'd have to deal with) deserves to have two threads about how a fool he really is.
          Last edited by SaberBlade; 19 September 2011, 08:02 PM.

sigpic

Comment

The idea about the Ferengi isn't terrible, but he's going to have to do a lot of work on it. It was established that the grand Nagus stepped down for Rom to take control and turn the Ferengi Empire into another Federation.

But that does not mean there is no conflict between Democracies, though.

Comment

I'd rather see more based on the original Trek franchise than that alternate timeline nonsense of the last feature film.
              sigpic
              Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by digifluid View Post
                we already mocked and scorned the foster nonsense here
                http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/82375-new-st-series
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

It wound be fun to see the Remans in the show from Nemesis

Comment

We already have. Reman guards can be seen briefly in the Enterprise fourth season episodes "United" and "The Aenar."

Comment

That's retrofitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                        We already have. Reman guards can be seen briefly in the Enterprise fourth season episodes "United" and "The Aenar."
                        I was gonna say that!

What ever happened to the Dominion?
                        8472?
                        The Borg were crippled in Voyager but still around.
                        What about outside the MW?

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Did you miss the finale to DS9? "What You Leave Behind" revealed the fate of the Dominion. Long story short, the Federation-Klingon-Romulan alliance and the Cardassians as of the finale defeated the Dominion and the Breen. The Dominion were forced to retreat back to the Gamma Quadrant while their shape-shifting leader remained to go on trial for war crimes.

The Species 8472 storyline only spanned four episodes of Voyager. After "Scorpion, Parts I & II" and "Prey," the story concluded with "In the Flesh." Long story short, Captain Janeway and crew negotiated peace with Species 8472 by convincing them that humanity was not this war-mongering threat that 8472 thought them to be.

Are the Borg still around? After the events of "Endgame," I don't imagine they'd be a threat to the Federation any time soon.

As for outside the Milky Way galaxy... I don't care. The galaxy is so vast, there'd never really be a need for a story set in another galaxy. The only reason I could think for doing this would be to depict a galaxy void of humanoid life.

Comment

More non-humanoid races... I'd love that in the next series. I doubt this guy's idea will be the next series, but there will eventually be a new one.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                              Did you miss the finale to DS9? "What You Leave Behind" revealed the fate of the Dominion. Long story short, the Federation-Klingon-Romulan alliance and the Cardassians as of the finale defeated the Dominion and the Breen. The Dominion were forced to retreat back to the Gamma Quadrant while their shape-shifting leader remained to go on trial for war crimes.

The Species 8472 storyline only spanned four episodes of Voyager. After "Scorpion, Parts I & II" and "Prey," the story concluded with "In the Flesh." Long story short, Captain Janeway and crew negotiated peace with Species 8472 by convincing them that humanity was not this war-mongering threat that 8472 thought them to be.

Are the Borg still around? After the events of "Endgame," I don't imagine they'd be a threat to the Federation any time soon.

As for outside the Milky Way galaxy... I don't care. The galaxy is so vast, there'd never really be a need for a story set in another galaxy. The only reason I could think for doing this would be to depict a galaxy void of humanoid life.
                              But the Dominion itself, forced back to the GQ sure, but then? REVENGE!
                              8472, I have seen all the episodes with them, they are paranoid and distrustful, I foresee future issues with them.
                              Was first contact after Voyager? Even if not, the Borg are still out there. With thousands of cubes and tactical cubes.
                              Too many humanoids in Star Trek. Actors with a little nose or ear putty. Give me ALIENS! Animorphs was good with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X