No announcement yet.

Temporal Cold War Borg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt any of the technology ended up with the Borg.

There are a lot of variables involved but...

1. Admiral Janeway wanted to be caught. The smart thing to do would be limiting what the Borg can do if they get their hands on that ship.

2. Assimilation of data isn't instant. It has to be be assimilated, sorted, indexed, the crap information thrown out then the rest given to the Borg. The Queen was screwed up almost instantly.

3. The Queen could only communicate with one Sphere. If the... virus... was spread through the Collective, then that Sphere was probably cut off from the Collection too, except for the Queen. When that ship went boom, so did the information.

I honestly don't know why the writers thought it would be a diversion for Captain Janeway, when the Admiral could have warped to Unimatrix 01, decloaked, then laid waste to everything. The fact the ship has a cloaking device could mean that the Treaty of Algeron no longer blocks cloaking technology (or in the case of the Defiant, could allow the technology to be used outside the Alpha Quadrant) so that ship could have Pegasus stealth technology or the ability to fire when cloaked, for extra damage.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      I honestly don't know why the writers thought it would be a diversion for Captain Janeway, when the Admiral could have warped to Unimatrix 01, decloaked, then laid waste to everything. The fact the ship has a cloaking device could mean that the Treaty of Algeron no longer blocks cloaking technology (or in the case of the Defiant, could allow the technology to be used outside the Alpha Quadrant) so that ship could have Pegasus stealth technology or the ability to fire when cloaked, for extra damage.
      Given the people who wrote Endgame, I honestly doubt any such thought was given to the legality of the stealth tech or even what type of cloaking system and its tactical strengths.
      sigpic

Comment

Well from a legal point of view, there probably wouldn't be any legal issues. TNG's Anti-Time future had the Enterprise with cloaking technology and in the Alpha Quadrant. Admiral Janeway comes from an alternate future but one that is presumably around the same time (give or take 5 to 10 years but this is based on the uniforms of the time) and had a cloaking device on her shuttle. Two Federation futures both with cloaking technology, for me I think it's a good sign that Starfleet is allowed to use it.

Plus Voyager, when it got home, would have introduced refractive shielding. The shield technology could be called stealth as opposed to cloaking as, stealth doesn't make anything visually disappear (as with the cloak) just not on sensors. So the stealth technology could have been a more advanced version of refractive shielding which can't be copied. If you've got Refractive Shielding, why bother saying no to cloaking technology when the Federation has the next best thing.

When all is said done, just have Admiral Janeway fly into the Unimatrix and go Chuck Norris on it. It's not just that, Voyager could have went home, then the Admiral could have went in and destroyed it and the hub herself. What more could people want from finale than Voyager getting home and future Janeway saving the day before future time agents show up and arrest her.

As for the Borg and the Temporal Cold War, I don't think it would have really affected the Borg. Aren't the Borg supposed to have some sort of temporal shields to stop different parts of a Cube from existing at different periods during transwarp? It's possible that no changes would affect their ships which are at least in transwarp, or at all if they are constantly active.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          Well from a legal point of view, there probably wouldn't be any legal issues. TNG's Anti-Time future had the Enterprise with cloaking technology and in the Alpha Quadrant. Admiral Janeway comes from an alternate future but one that is presumably around the same time (give or take 5 to 10 years but this is based on the uniforms of the time) and had a cloaking device on her shuttle. Two Federation futures both with cloaking technology, for me I think it's a good sign that Starfleet is allowed to use it.

Plus Voyager, when it got home, would have introduced refractive shielding. The shield technology could be called stealth as opposed to cloaking as, stealth doesn't make anything visually disappear (as with the cloak) just not on sensors. So the stealth technology could have been a more advanced version of refractive shielding which can't be copied. If you've got Refractive Shielding, why bother saying no to cloaking technology when the Federation has the next best thing.

When all is said done, just have Admiral Janeway fly into the Unimatrix and go Chuck Norris on it. It's not just that, Voyager could have went home, then the Admiral could have went in and destroyed it and the hub herself. What more could people want from finale than Voyager getting home and future Janeway saving the day before future time agents show up and arrest her.

As for the Borg and the Temporal Cold War, I don't think it would have really affected the Borg. Aren't the Borg supposed to have some sort of temporal shields to stop different parts of a Cube from existing at different periods during transwarp? It's possible that no changes would affect their ships which are at least in transwarp, or at all if they are constantly active.
          It's true that the Borg have special tech in place to keep their vessels in "temporal sync" (per Seven's words in Day of Honor and Shattered) while in transwarp. Whether or not changes affecting the timeline have any bearing on ships in transwarp is something that's never been addressed.

As for destroying Unimatrix One, I don't think it's enough that Adm. Janeway would simply go in there and destroy the Unicomplex. She was after the Queen herself and given what we saw of the Queen in First Contact, destroying the Unicomplex wouldn't have necessarily destroyed the Queen. I suspect that she would have popped up somewhere else in the Collective. The Endgame virus target the Queen specifically and her being infected was fatal to the Unicomplex.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
            You know, their whole time travel plan in First Contact could have worked if they attacked any other planet in the past, and then go after earth.
            this one got me thinking, what if the borg have there own version of a temporal investigations? seven knew all about the what happened in first contact even though it happened after voyager left so the borg knew about it, so why did they send the cube? they knew it would be destroyed, why launch the sphere you know its going to fail? unless they decide that they prefer a predictable future and sacrificed a cube, a sphere ,a queen and a **** load of drones to maintain the timeline, giving themselves a nice little pre destination paradox.

Comment

I don't think there is any special reason why Seven knew about the attempt to go back in time. The entire collective probably new about it, so when the Queen went back in time and nothing changed, they knew it failed.

The only thing that seemed to change was the Borg "survivors" sending a signal that would draw the Collective to the Alpha Quadrant around the time of TNG's first season but that was Enterprise screwing with things, not First Contact.

The dumbest thing that the Borg did was try going back in time in orbit of Earth. Why not just go back in time within the Delta Quadrant, give the Borg 300 years of knowledge early then get the entire collective to assimilate the Alpha Quadrant.

sigpic

Comment

thats sort of the point im trying to make the borg dont seem to mess with the timeline even though they have the technology maybe they tried it once and were stopped by future starfleet?

Comment

I think that the borg are doomed , they have no imagination and they learn trow assimilation , what if one day the federation make a beam that kills nanites , they are history , how can they adapt it , if no info gets back
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                  StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                  GW member infractions : 1

Comment

I believe that at some point, the Borg will end up assimilating something that ends up changing them. Ultimately, I think it's the Queen with her sense of individuality that is the driving force behind the Borg, but stick someone else in charge with their own sense of individuality intact, and the Borg could end up completely different.

sigpic

Comment

or imagine that 8472 beam used on federation ships whit a organic hull , that could resist the borg
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Working...
                      X