Temporal Cold War Borg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webxro View Post
    Well i have one thing against parts of this posts , when we are talking about a temporal war , we can't have starting date , it could be people from 13 century against people from 38 , there is no limit of time when you talk about a time war .
    That's true in a holistic sense. However, there has to have been a key event in history that started the ball rolling--even if that event took place in the distant future. It would make a lot of sense to me that if someone from the end of the ST timeline, perhaps in Daniels' century, was unhappy about the Temporal Accord and then started giving information and technology to various factions in the past.
    sigpic

Comment

It's obvious that it started right there.
      Spoiler:
      Archer just couldn't resist playing with the balls, could he?
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
        There are a handful of Voyager episodes that are actually very good. But we both know that that was hardly par for the course. Personally I think you should skip some episodes, like say Threshold.
        I liked that one!

Paris: Pretty disgusting, huh?
        Janeway: You've looked better.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          It's obvious that it started right there.
          Spoiler:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...d_Front%29.jpg
          Archer just couldn't resist playing with the balls, could he?
          Well, he likes to play with the balls, there's nothing wrong with that...

sigpic

Comment

just to get back to the op,i was under the impression that the borg were destroyed in endgame, i mean kill a queen in first contact kills all the borg on the ship,destroy the unicomplex and infect the collective with a neurolytic pathogen must kill them all, remember in tng data came up with a shape that would have destroyed the borg

also if they did survive i wouldnt discount them as a threat in any century, admiral janeway agreed with the borg queen that they would adapt, it would just take time, so if they adapted to transphasic torpedoes then what have the federation got?

Comment

The feds would just make better and better weapons , red matter torpedoes , now let's see them adapt that , the real thing about the temporal cold war is , that some races weren't content whit the temporal agreement , so they started breaking up the temporal prime directive , they did this on many temporal lines , but if you want to give it a place , then how about ENT season 4 ( i think ) when for a part of time , the temporal cold war has gone into a full scale war , now i try to imagine a the Doctor fighting in that war .
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
              StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
              GW member infractions : 1

Comment

...what?
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The doctor from Doctor Who ( you know the longest sci-fi TV series 0 fighting in the temporal cold war in star trek , and i wish luck to the borg trying to adapt to red matter
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Mods List

Comment

Red matter sounds more like a Dr who concept than Star Trek to me.
                    Dalek: You are an associate of the Doctor. Records indicate you will show mercy.
                    Song: I'm River Song, you better check your records again.
                    Dalek A moments pause: Mercy!
                    Song: Louder!
                    Dalek louder: Mercy!
                    Song: One more time.
                    Dalek panic: Mercy!!!

Dalek dust drifts away.

Comment

Still a a single torpedo can kill a entire borg nexus
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

Comment

Don't forget at the end of Endgame, not only did they get new technology... but they also crippled the Borg pretty badly.

That could have set a chain of events that downline the line, lead to their demise.

Comment

It's amazing that the Borg don't just travel back in time in the Uni-Complex and give their past selves their technology and knowledge. Silly Borg... or silly writers.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                            It's amazing that the Borg don't just travel back in time in the Uni-Complex and give their past selves their technology and knowledge. Silly Borg... or silly writers.
                            You know, their whole time travel plan in First Contact could have worked if they attacked any other planet in the past, and then go after earth.

Comment

Even with the future tech Voyager had, it's possible that such technology was confiscated and classified by Starfleet Security, plus being from the future you have those Temporal Investigation guys. At best, I would expect the Doctor to keep the emitter, but the rest to be locked away... until someone attacks Earth and then all rules mean nothing.

sigpic

Comment

Section 31 has a Prometheus outfitted with the armour and at least 3 transphasic torpedoes. They've even gotten the future stealth technology to work. Come on! You KNOW Section 31 does!

Now, the Borg Queen assimilated Admiral Janeway and her info on the future technology. The Borg also most likely physically assimilated her shuttle and all its future tech. If one sphere was able to receive that info and adapt, then I'm betting there must be some small portion of the Collective [whether a scout vessel or a tactical cube or a small armada] that also received that info and weren't destroyed by the pathogen. I say that the Borg could still be a threat and a very dangerous one. The real question: can transphasic torpedoes breach the future armour?
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X