The Trek Trivia Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
    [I think I know what "special club" brother Fifth Race is talking about - he is referring to when Hoshi finally used the transporter (which she was frightened of), Reed made the statement that she had joined beam me up "club". That is what brother Fifth likes to call a "ringer" question (meaning questions that can't be found via an internet search), another words the best kind lol.
    Bingo, you are exactly correct. I had that question stashed away for awhile. Great knowledge!
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
      Whenever anyone gives navigational information in the Trek universe, they always say something like 310 mark 215. What does it mean when they say "mark"?
      I believe the mark is a decimal point, ie 310 mark 215 is 310.215 in regards to a heading in degrees which is NW

Comment

Originally posted by plush View Post
        I believe the mark is a decimal point, ie 310 mark 215 is 310.215 in regards to a heading in degrees which is NW
        You're correct that it gives information on a heading and that 310 is NW. However, the term mark is definitely not a decimal point.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
          Whenever anyone gives navigational information in the Trek universe, they always say something like 310 mark 215. What does it mean when they say "mark"?
          Hmm, I always assumed the mark was a set point in space and or location at the center of which ever galaxy you are in. So when you give "Cordinates" like 12123 at mark 3434 - you are giving two points on whatever kind of map, that you can easily coordinate/find, and travel too. Great question brother Fuzz

Another ENT Double-Shot (one easy, one not so much)
          T'Pol told Trip - You are the first recorded male". What was it in refernce to?

What was the name of the ship that brought the first human colony to Terra Nova?
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
            Being pregnant.

What was the name of the ship that brought the first human colony to Terra Nova?
            Conestoga.

Comment

What famous Star Trek Quote came from The Wrath of Kahn, which has been uttered more than a few times on TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY?
              The USS Defiant Rocks!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

What famous Star Trek Quote came from The Wrath of Kahn, which has been uttered more than a few times on TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY?
                Great question. I believe it was Spock who first uttered the now famous phrase "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."

Speaking of The Wrath of Kahn..
                In the beginning of the movie - what was the name of Federation Starship that was in trouble in the neutral zone?

Comment

the one and only USS Enterprise
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                    Great question. I believe it was Spock who first uttered the now famous phrase "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."

Speaking of The Wrath of Kahn..
                    In the beginning of the movie - what was the name of Federation Starship that was in trouble in the neutral zone?
                    The Kobayashi Maru was in trouble in the test of the same name. The USS Enterprise under the command of Lt. Saavik came to it's rescue and ultimately failed.

What was the prefix code for the USS Reliant?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      the one and only USS Enterprise
                      The one and only indeed!

I love your General Martok Avatar brother jelgate!. I am totally jealous. Thankfully I am almost at the level where I can use custom avatar's. And I want that one (or one similar)

Is his eye missing in that shot?

Comment

Originally posted by plush View Post
                        The Kobayashi Maru was in trouble in the test of the same name. The USS Enterprise under the command of Lt. Saavik came to it's rescue and ultimately failed.
                        That's correct. It was the Maru that the Enterprise had to come and save.

I popped in my Wrath of Kahn DVD and got the code. It is 16309

What kind of test is the Kobayashi Maru at Starfleet Academy?

What did Kirk do to pass the Kobayashi Maru test at Starfleet Academy?

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                          Hmm, I always assumed the mark was a set point in space and or location at the center of which ever galaxy you are in. So when you give "Cordinates" like 12123 at mark 3434 - you are giving two points on whatever kind of map, that you can easily coordinate/find, and travel too. Great question brother Fuzz

Another ENT Double-Shot (one easy, one not so much)

With the term "mark" there's actually a bit of ship navigation to explain. I included an illustration to make things considerably easier. Whenever anybody in Trek presents any kind of absolute heading or relative bearing, the first number is always 0-360 degrees and the second number (the "mark") is also 0-360 degrees. The easiest way to explain it is in terms of relative bearing. Let's say there is a ship bearing 030 mark 045. The first number, which is 30 degrees, is degrees in a big circle horizontal to the ship. This is marked in green with the illustration.

The second number indicates elevation, a number that is also defined through another circle but this time the circle is up and down from the ship's axis. A contact bearing 030 mark 045 would indicate another object towards the ship's starboard (to the right), with an elevation of 45 degrees, meaning it's above the parent ship.

A friend of mine who is now in the Air Force explained the whole thing to me when I was 16. It's probably one of the most educational things about science fiction that I ever picked up. This came in somewhat handy for a trig class in junior college.

Originally posted by Starbase
                          That's correct. It was the Maru that the Enterprise had to come and save.

I popped in my Wrath of Kahn DVD and got the code. It is 16309

What kind of test is the Kobayashi Maru at Starfleet Academy?

What did Kirk do to pass the Kobayashi Maru test at Starfleet Academy?
                          The Kobayashi Maru was a no-win scenario designed to see how a cadet would handle such a scenario. Kirk redesigned the test so he could win because he didn't believe in a no-win situation.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                            The one and only indeed!

I love your General Martok Avatar brother jelgate!. I am totally jealous. Thankfully I am almost at the level where I can use custom avatar's. And I want that one (or one similar)

Is his eye missing in that shot?
                            Of course. I want the real Martok not a fake counterpart
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Martok Double shot (as brother Fifth likes to say)
                              Who rejected Martok's application to to join the Klingon officer training academy, even though he passed the exam quite easily?

For what reason did said person reject Martok?

Comment

Kor

Because he lacked noble blood coming from a common family
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X