The Trek Trivia Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
    /\/\/\ Holy Cow Batman, those are some tough questions brother Fuzz I love it!. LOL

1) B (what a great name) - gave the crew heartburn
    2) I believe there were 6 that allowed the Borg to travel to all 4 Quadrants of the Galaxy.
    3) D - Mitena Haro pretended to be a Bolian female to help kidnap Picard.
    4) B - Adm. Leyton tried to give Sisko some Bolian tonic water when trying to take over Earth.
    5) A - "Earl Grey tea, watercress sandwiches, and Bularian canapés" yummy LOL
    6) C - Kiaphet was a member of the power Ibix dynasty that were members of the Xindi council
    7) That sounds like Quark or Bashir?
    8) D - The female Q who was jealous of Janeway
    9) B - Beta Stromgren was the red giant from the uber great TNG episode Tin Man
    10) B - I remember this because I always though Tau Alpha-C sounded cool.
    11) C - The great Klingon Chang quoting Julius Ceaser
    12) A - kind of an educated guess. Process of elimination.

Wow that rattled my brain. Took me awhile to think about, but I think I nailed most of them.
    I just got back. I thought more people would have answered the Dirty Dozen by now. Maybe I made these questions just a little too hard? I'll give a wee bit more time for people post answers. I can get some reading done in the meantime. Brother Fifth, I'll PM you the answers since you're already done.

Time for the answers:
    "What does God need with a Starship?" That would be Kirk from the pretty awful Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

TOS: Scott is Scotty's last name - What is Scotty's first name? Montgomery Scott

TNG: In what season from TNG did Riker first sport his famous beard? That would be the S-2 of TNG.

DS9: Who once stole the USS Defiant right out from under the nose of Kira? That would be Thomas Riker - William Riker's Copy/Doppleganger

VOY: How many years was the voyage back home from the Delta Quadrant orignally going to take? They estimated it would take 75 years to get back to the Alpha Quadrant

ENT: What was the name of the town that T'Pol's great grandmother visited on Earth in the 1950's? That would be Carbon Creek Michigan

I will have a another set of questions and trivia for tomorrow (Tuesday)
    A very good set of questions Brother Fifth. I'll be out and about again tomorrow but I'll make sure to answer the questions before I leave tomorrow afternoon. I look forward to another set of questions.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
      I just got back. I thought more people would have answered the Dirty Dozen by now. Maybe I made these questions just a little too hard? I'll give a wee bit more time for people post answers. I can get some reading done in the meantime. Brother Fifth, I'll PM you the answers since you're already done.
      Your quiz absolutely rocked!. It represented the incredible Trek knowledge you possess (for those that don't already know - brother Fuzz is a fellow, and a total "Trek ringer"). I look forward to future questions you might bring to this new thread (they all don't have to be mind numbing)
      Originally posted by Cold Fuzz
      A very good set of questions Brother Fifth. I'll be out and about again tomorrow but I'll make sure to answer the questions before I leave tomorrow afternoon. I look forward to another set of questions.
      Thanx my friend. I thought I would start out with a set of rather easy questions. They will vary from very easy to insanely hard, kind of like a few of those questions from your "dirty dozen quiz" (I love that name). I like the "guess the quote" questions, which I will post frequently.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I'll start off with an easy one because mostly because I'm tired. The 24th century captains (Picard/Sisko/Janeway) were known for special drinks in stressful situations. Name those drinks
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Picard: Earl Grey tea
          Sisko: Raktajino
          Janeway: Black coffee
          sigpic

Comment

ENT: What was the name of the town that T'Pol's great grandmother visited on Earth in the 1950's? That would be Carbon Creek Michigan
            Bzzzzzt!

It was Carbon Creek, Pennsylvania
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              It was Carbon Creek, Pennsylvania
              >>>Doh of course it is, I knew that. I was reading about Michigan before I made the post and must have had that on my mind. But thanx for pointing that out brother Digi.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I'll start off with an easy one because mostly because I'm tired. The 24th century captains (Picard/Sisko/Janeway) were known for special drinks in stressful situations. Name those drinks
                Great question brother jelgate. Those would be Earl Grey tea, Raktajino and Coffee respectively.

So let expand on that question - What were Captain Kirk's 2 favorite drinks? (Hint: there not coffe or tea LOL)
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Great question brother jelgate. Those would be Earl Grey tea, Raktajino and Coffee respectively.

So let expand on that question - What were Captain Kirk's 2 favorite drinks? (Hint: there not coffe or tea LOL)
                  Now this I definitely do not know. Saurian brandy and...something else.
                  sigpic

Comment

S What were Captain Kirk's 2 favorite drinks? (Hint: there not coffe or tea LOL)
                    Kirk was a manly man lol, he like to drink both Sorian Brandy and especially Romulan Ale.

So let's expand on this question again ..........
                    What was Worf's (and a lot of other Klingon's) favorite drink? hint: it's from Earth

What kind of drink did Miles O'Brien and Dr. Julian Bashir like to share after a tough go around in the holosuite?

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                      So let's expand on this question again ..........
                      What was Worf's (and a lot of other Klingon's) favorite drink? hint: it's from Earth

What kind of drink did Miles O'Brien and Dr. Julian Bashir like to share after a tough go around in the holosuite?
                      Those would be Prune Juice (which Klingons seem to like more than Blood Wine) & a Pint of Ale (which O'Brien and Bashir shared quite often)

Let's expand on this again (please leave answers under a [spoiler tag]) -----
                      What was both Gul DuKat and especially Damar's favorite Cardassian drink?

What drink did Data have to make Troi as payment after she beat him in a game? -- What game did Troi beat Data in to win said drink?

Scotty is repulsed when he get's his first taste on synthehol - what drink did Data offer him that more than satisfied his taste for Scotch Whiskey? (Hint: It's from Guinan's personal supply)
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I love the drinking themed questions, good ones too. Here are my answers:
                        Spoiler:
                        What was both Gul DuKat and especially Damar's favorite Cardassian drink?
                        Kanar
                        What drink did Data have to make Troi as payment after she beat him in a game?
                        a Sumerian Sunset (very cool)
                        What game did Troi beat Data in to win said drink?
                        Multi-level future Chess
                        Scotty is repulsed when he get's his first taste on synthehol - what drink did Data offer him that more than satisfied his taste for Scotch Whiskey?
                        Aldebran Whiskey (kind of milky lime color)

I got a question to expand on the drink theme:

What did Data like to drink? Data: "it's good for me, more than good tasting"
                        The USS Defiant Rocks!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
                          What did Data like to drink? Data: "it's good for me, more than good tasting"
                          I can remember the scene where Data had an orphaned Starfleet boy (Timmy) imitating him by pretending to be an android. Data explained that it was some kind of lubricating concoction that "is good for him". But for the life of me I can't remember what he called it?

I got a couple easy one's for everyone ....
                          What drink did Quark give Garak to try in which he called it "vile" and "insidious". And Quark commenting "so bubbly and cloying, and happy... just like the Federation" and also noting "if you drink enough of it, you begin to like it – just like the Federation" lolol (I love that scene)

Who's favorite drink was it (why Quark ordered it to begin with)?

Comment

I can remember the scene where Data had an orphaned Starfleet boy (Timmy) imitating him by pretending to be an android. Data explained that it was some kind of lubricating concoction that "is good for him". But for the life of me I can't remember what he called it?

I got a couple easy one's for everyone ....
                            What drink did Quark give Garak to try in which he called it "vile" and "insidious". And Quark commenting "so bubbly and cloying, and happy... just like the Federation" and also noting "if you drink enough of it, you begin to like it – just like the Federation" lolol (I love that scene)

Who's favorite drink was it (why Quark ordered it to begin with)?
                            root beer

Nog
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Ahh yes, that would be the TNG season V episode Hero Worship with the poor boy Timmy who blamed himself for the destruction of there Starship and the death of his parents. The name of the "lubricating concoction" that Data drinks once in awhile also alludes me. If I find it I might tuck this question away as a "ringer question" for a one of my future all purpose Trek quizzes. That is unless someone else comes up with the answer.
                              Originally posted by Starbase
                              I love that scene as well. It's one of those moments in Trek lore that gets burned into your mind if you are any kind of fan of DS9.

NOTE: I have a handful of Q dedicated questions on tap for tomorrow (Wednesday)
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

And know for a more difficult question.

Who is Gul Dukat's favorite Bajoran?
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X