No announcement yet.

The Trek Trivia Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That end of Voyager bit is a little off putting, because I think it's Prometheus and it's 9.9 cruising speed but that was half way through Voyager, so I'm trying to think of anything else that could have been casually mentioned in the later 3 seasons.

sigpic

Comment

You're right! It's the Prometheus!
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Name 5 romantic interests of Spock.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          Name 5 romantic interests of Spock.
          uhura,t'pring,zarabeth,nurse chapel and layla kalomi

wow TOUGH question brother i think my brain hurts after that one

what are bajoran uniforms made from? (in trek not reality!)

Comment

Name the 3 different characters that J.G. Hertzler played on VOY and ENT? He played 2 different Klingons on ENT - One was an unnamed Klingon Commander and the other was the Klingon advocate Kolos who defended Archer. On VOY he played the great character of the unnamed Hirogen Fighter who participated in the Tsunkatse and mentored 7 of 9 for her matches.

what are bajoran uniforms made from? (in trek not reality!) Hmm, good question Adm. DJ. I can't remember if they ever mentioned the actual material, I'm guessing that the Bajorans used some kind of natural fiber material. I do know that Kira was seen wearing a Bajoran officers uniform made out of corduroy on several occasions, and the Bajoran security uniforms that we saw Odo emulate seems to be made of some kind of wool material. I'm curious what were they made of?

My question:
            In the pretty darn good season VI VOY episode Tsunkatse, we saw another DS9 regular (not J.G. Hertzler) -- Name the actor and the character he played in said episode? ___. ___
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

In the pretty darn good season VI VOY episode Tsunkatse, we saw another DS9 regular (not J.G. Hertzler) -- Name the actor and the character he played in said episode? That's Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun & Brunt from DS9) who played the leader of Tsunkatse Penk (great character and and an equally great episode).

What famous wrestler turned actor played one of the champion fighters in the Tsunkatse?

Comment

What famous wrestler turned actor played one of the champion fighters in the Tsunkatse? LOL that would be the Jabroni himself The Rock (Dwayne Johnson)

What famous wrestling move did the Rock use on 7 of 9 to finish her off in the Tsunkatse?
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

What famous wrestling move did the Rock use on 7 of 9 to finish her off in the Tsunkatse? As a closet wrestling fan I didn't have to think to hard about this one. He used his famous Rock-Bottom move, which is actually pretty brutal. The Rock also gave us his signature look The People's Eyebrow.

Who did 7 of 9 willingly replace when she fought in the Tsunkatse?

Comment

Originally posted by Weyoun View Post
                    Who did 7 of 9 willingly replace when she fought in the Tsunkatse?
                    Tuvok was hurt so I'm going with him...I like playing this game from memory so I'm not googling stuff.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                      Tuvok was hurt so I'm going with him...I like playing this game from memory so I'm not googling stuff.
                      Very nice B&W pics of the twins, Spimman.

OK, next question. Which telepath did Tuvok mind meld with to cause him homicidal rage?
                      sigpic

Comment

The Betazoid Suder.

How did Suder die?
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          Lets try this, which other Trek Captain did the Saratoga Captain play?
                          If you mean the one from ST: 4; Madge Sinclair played Silva La Forge, mother of Geordi, & Captain of the USS Hera.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          The Betazoid Suder.

How did Suder die?
                          Shot in the back by a Kazon.

Here's a tricky one; if the producers of Voyager couldn't find a woman to play Janeway & had to go with a man, which 2 characters were going to be recast with women?

If that's too hard; which eye is Martok missing?
                          Last edited by Fan-e-Gate; 14 June 2010, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Great questions fan-e-gate!
                            Here's a tricky one; if the producers of Voyager couldn't find a woman to play Janeway & had to go with a man, which 2 characters were going to be recast with women? --have never read anything about this, but I were to take a guess I say theywould have went with a - Vulcan female instead of Tuvok - and maybe they would have used female Maquis ensign in stead of Tom Paris. But I also logically deduced an argument for a Chakotay as well.

If that's too hard; which eye is Martok missing? -- I believe it was his left eye
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Great Quiz as always brother Fifth. You always comes up with the coolest questions. I also like how you wonderfully mix and blend the difficulty of questions. I drew a blank on a few of these, but I still think I did pretty good.

Spoiler:
                              1) Nano-Probes
                              2) ??? -- Wolf 359
                              3) Real skin
                              4) Species 125
                              5) Icheb -- Rebi -- ??? -- ???
                              6) Beta Quadrant
                              7) 7 of 9's Nano-Probes -- Drs. Mobile Emitter -- ???
                              8) I know what it is but I can't think of the name of it
                              9) The Uni-Complex (very cool)
                              10) Kazon -- ???

Comment

Great Borg quiz Brother Fifth. Nicely well-rounded.

The The Borg mini-Quiz

1) When the Borg assimilate someone, what do they inject in to there victims? ___

Spoiler:
                                The Borg use assimilation/injection tubules, which flood the victim's blood with nanoprobes.

--- (Voyager encountered a Borg drone in the Delta Quadrant who was once a Starfleet officer)
                                2) Who was said officer? ___ Where was said officer assimilated? ___

Spoiler:
                                As I recall, Voyager encountered two drones who were former Starfleet officers:

* Frasier (I can't remember her first name), who was featured in Unity. She ended up helping to found the Cooperative, a group of Borg drones separated from the Collective. She was at Wolf 359
                                * Laura (I don't think her last name was mentioned), who claimed she was also assimilated at Wolf 359. She possessed the recessive mutation that enabled her to be in Unimatrix Zero while she was regenerating. There, she met Annika Hansen, who would grow up to be Seven of Nine. Seven was re-united with her when she re-connected with Axum and the rest of Unimatrix Zero.

3) What tempted Data to work side by side with the Borg Queen? ___

Spoiler:
                                Having real skin and hair.

4) What species # was the Borg Queen we saw on VOY? ___

Spoiler:
                                The Borg Queen said in Dark Frontier that, "We all came from lesser species. I myself came from Species 125."

5) What are the names of the 4 Borg children that join the Voyager crew? ___, ___, ___, ___

Spoiler:
                                Icheb, Mezoti, Azan, and Rebi. Azan & Rebi were twins.

6) Where exactly was Unimatrix-Zero located in the Star Trek universe? ___

Spoiler:
                                Unimatrix Zero was, in Seven's words, a "virtual construct." It doesn't actually exist in the real world per se. Approximately one drone in a million possesses a recessive mutation than makes it possible for said drone to have their subconscious mind in Unimatrix Zero while they're regenerating. Essentially, Unimatrix Zero is like a collective unconscious.

7) How was the Borg super-Drone "One" created? ___

Spoiler:
                                The Doctor described One's creation as a "random convergence of technologies." Here is the sequence of events:

Seven of Nine, the Doctor, Paris, and Torres were charing a spontaneous proto-nebula. They were caught in the plasma shearing line of the nebula. Ensign Mulcahey tried to beam them aboard. The plasma caused everyone's patterns to merge briefly. After the malfunction was corrected, they re-materialized. Unfortunately, a few of Seven's nanoprobes became mixed with the Doctor's mobile emitter during transport. The emitter started malfunctioning. Torres ordered Mulcahey to put the emitter in the science lab and then analyze it in the morning. Overnight, Seven's nanoprobes began assimilating the emitter. When Mulcahey arrived to check on the emitter, it had become a strange kludge of Borg technology. The Borg tech detected his presence and injected him with a pair of assimilation tubes and a tissue sample was extracted. After this, the Borg tech began to develop even more, resulting in a new Borg drone.

8) What inter-connects the minds of Borg drones with there designated vessel? ___

--- (Be specific, I am not looking for the Quadrant)

Spoiler:
                                Hmm, there are two potential correct answers to this so I'll give both. I remember that a Vinculum, first seen in Infinite Regress, is the central processing device aboard a Borg vessel that purges individuality and links all the drones on the vessel together through a shared interlink frequency.

In Unimatrix Zero, the Central Plexus links a Borg vessel and its drones to every other Borg vessel and drone throughout the Collective. It's protected by multi-regenerative forcefields according to Seven. The Central Plexus was how Janeway & Torres were able to upload a nanovirus to free all the drones with the Unimatrix Zero recessive mutation from the Queen and the Collective.

9) What was the name of the place that the Borg Queen along with a trillion drones resided? ___

Spoiler:
                                It was designated as Unimatrix One, located in the central Delta Quadrant. The heart of the area was the enormous Unicomplex, which looked to be a sprawling space megalopolis the size of several worlds.

10) What 2 races were rejected for assimilation by the Borg? ___

Spoiler:
                                As far as I know, only the Kazon were rejected for assimilation. Species 8472 was able to resist assimilation, however, despite the fact that the Borg wanted to assimilate them. Since they were incapable of assimilating them, the Borg decided to destroy them instead. I don't know if this is the answer you were looking for though...
                                Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 14 June 2010, 07:12 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X