Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS9: Sons Of Mogh
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      The one thing that got me weirded out in that episode though, was why the "aliens from the fifth dimension looked just like human mobsters or something.
      I thought they were doing just what the Doctor was doing: dressing to fit in. It was the classic 30s film noir-type suit look. How they deduced that with no other humans dressed like that in that particular program... I have no idea.

It's a great episode.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        DS9 3.03 'The House of Quark' -- I'm sure you despised this one jel, but I had fun. I remember this episode a lot less pleasantly, but I'm also drinking so that's probably colouring my viewpoint. Quark being all economically clever and whatnot, plus a nice little Quark/Rom brotherly moment at the end. On another note, how in the hell did Rom ever manage to score a perfect 10 like Leeta?!

DS9 3.04 'Equilibrium' -- By now I'm half in the bag and not really fully aware of what's happening on my TV screen. I think this'll be my last episode of the night Still, an awesome episode for Dax development. Although, even though the piano music of the ep is beautiful, all I can hear in my half drunken state is All Along the Watchtower
        Hey Digi, what happened to the first 2 episodes of season 3? skip them?

I just don't see them listed.

Comment

Oh I most definitely watched them. I appear to have forgotten to post about them
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Oh I most definitely watched them. I appear to have forgotten to post about them
            You better have said good things. I love The Search.

You are one evil *censored* person Female Changeling
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I do like The Search. Part 1 is a fun way of changing things up, introducing the Defiant, playing with the station status quo, and watching Sisko beat the snot out of not one but several Jem'Hadar soldiers with his bare hands is awesome. And while the 'it was all imaginary angle' may not be my favourite approach, it works very well in the context of part 2.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The first half of The Search is one of my top 10 DS9 episodes. Part 2... not so much.
                Dax looks like a Vorta with that hairdo.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

DS9: Bar Association
                  People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

DS9 3.05 'Second Skin' -- While the thrust of the story is a little uninspiring (we know all along that Kira isn't really a Cardassian), a lot of the stuff in this episode is nonetheless cool. The Cardassian civilian underground, the Obsidian Order's involvement, lots of Garak, a wonderful conversation between Kira and her Cardassian "father"....and an exchange between Sisko and Garak that just makes me howl every time I see it, when he's blackmailing Garak to come to Cardassia:

Garak: "Commander, this is extortion!"
                    Sisko: "Hm....yes it is."

Last edited by DigiFluid; 01 October 2009, 03:26 PM.

Comment

DS9: Accession & Rules Of Engagement

Comment

Last night I watched Q Who. I think it obvious how I feel about that episode.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

DS9 3.06 'The Abandoned' -- I like this episode. Both of the (completely unrelated) plots are just so compelling. The story about Jake and his father and Jake's girlfriend the Dabo girl is appropriately hilarious; particularly as Sisko starts to learn stuff he doesn't know about his son, AND one of O'Brien's only lines in the whole episode: "16 years old and dating a Dabo girl....godspeed, Jake"

Odo's relationship with the young Jem'Hadar is very telling about their nature, and we learn a lot of cool stuff about them in the process. I love how very non-TNG this is about them, that sometimes people just can't change no matter how positive the circumstances. Though for the first time, I find myself questioning the somewhat obvious design flaw of making the Jem'Hadar dependent on a chemical....which is fed through a plastic tube that sticks out of the chest and back in to the neck.

And because I know you're all wondering why I'm slacking the last little while rather than doing my usual plowthrough....I only just got around to ordering my TNG Blu-ray film collection last night, and Generations is just a couple of DS9 episodes away.
                          Last edited by DigiFluid; 02 October 2009, 09:42 AM.

Comment

DS9: The Search pt. 1
                            Wow. DS9 got more 'splosions! Odo got his people! We got the Defiant! Quark kissed Sisko's knob!
                            Always great to watch... although I'm bugged as to why DS9 was able to detect the cloaked Defiant with it was right beside them and didn't try to correct those problems before heading into the GQ. Ah well...
                            Speaking of the cloaking device: Martha Hackett! Pity tptb saw no where to go with T'Rul, but it freed Martha to become Seska! I never really cared who played the cloak operator until I rewatched this just now and saw Martha Hackett in the credits, wondered who the Seska actress was playing in this episode, and was pleasantly surprised by her obvious voice and face, even under all that Romulan forehead and bowl haircut. She's so good playing evil!
                            And when Sisko flashes his teeth and throws himself at the Jem'Hadar... Priceless.
                            Last edited by nx01a; 02 October 2009, 05:11 PM.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

DS9 3.07 'Civil Defense' -- Makes a good bottle episode. I like that they're still having significant station problems even after having been aboard for so long. It was also neat to see the bowels of the station in a way we hadn't really seen before.

DS9 3.08 'Meridian' -- Booooring.

DS9 3.09 'Defiant' -- Fun episode. I always like seeing a ton of the Defiant, especially when she gets into a fight. I think this was also the first time we saw or heard of quantum torpedoes, too. It was nice to see Thomas Riker again, even though it's a little sad that he's spending the rest of his life in a Cardassian labour camp--a plot which, despite Kira's promise of rescue, was never revisited. This ep was also cool because it established the existence of a secret Obsidian Order fleet which would come into play later in the season....

(and I decided I was tired of waiting on my movie set already, so I'm bumping Generations back from its airdate to an estimated approximate Stardate position in line with DS9
                              Last edited by DigiFluid; 04 October 2009, 09:16 PM.

Comment

DS9 3.10 'Fascination' -- Bleh.

DS9 3.11 'Past Tense, Part 1' -- My only real complaint about this episode is the presence of Kira and Odo aboard the Defiant when they're on a Starfleet mission back to Earth. Uh, why are they there? Negativity out of the way....

This is such a timeless and brilliant piece of work in Star Trek history (even though it's set in 2024). I found it particularly moving and poignant, given modern circumstances; and it has a discussion between Sisko and Bashir about the Sanctuary Districts that just gave me chills:
                                Bashir: "What did they do to deserve this?"
                                Sisko: "Nothing. Just people; without jobs or places to live."
                                Bashir: "So they get put in here?"
                                Sisko: "Welcome to the 21st century, doctor."

I also really like this episode for the opportunities it affords Brooks and El Fadil for developing their characters. Bashir finally has something interesting to sink his teeth into and be impassioned about, and Sisko taking on the Bell persona at the end is just pivotal.

DS9 3.12 'Past Tense, Part 2' -- And still such a wildly different approach to Star Trek than anything TOS or TNG ever offered up; Starfleet officers spending an entire episode holding hostages. Chief and Kira beaming in across time is pretty funny, especially the 60s one.

Like the first part of this episode, it's a wonderfully poignant story about poverty and the desperation that comes with it. There's just so much wonderful dialogue and storytelling that it's difficult to encapsulate in one episode. Just a terrific episode.
                                Last edited by DigiFluid; 05 October 2009, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X