Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome game. I loved annoying Tuvok. The transporter buffer/weapons cache belt was a great idea.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
      That was pretty much par for the course with Voyager though.
      VOY had some of the best episodes in Trek. Unfortunately, it also had a huge number of totally crappy episodes. I refuse to say the series was universally crappy, but it certainly had more than its fair share of stinkers.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Field of Fire
        Chimera
        Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang
        Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
        Penumbra
        'Til Death Do Us Part
        Strange Bedfellows

... OMG!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
          The Siege of AR-558
          Covenant
          It's Only a Paper Moon
          Prodigal Daughter
          The Emperor's New Cloak

Such a great last season! So sad it's gonna be over soon.

EDIT: Well, this was yesterday, but GW didn't let me to post it lol.
          The Siege of AR-558 is one of my favorite Star Trek episodes EVER. Well hey, I've got a thing for war stories.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          VOY 6.20 "Good Shepherd"
          Voyager recycles Lower Decks. And one of the no-names is even another Bajoran. Ho hum.
          Good Shepherd is actually one of the few Voyager episodes in this part of season 6 that I really liked, maybe because Harren and the others got the spotlight. The other episode was Fury.

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          VOY had some of the best episodes in Trek. Unfortunately, it also had a huge number of totally crappy episodes. I refuse to say the series was universally crappy, but it certainly had more than its fair share of stinkers.
          I wouldn't call Voyager universally crappy by any means. However, the average Voyager episode didn't get me fired up the way DS9 or Babylon 5 would. However, the constant use of the reset button really wore down my patience.

Field of Fire
          Chimera
          Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang
          Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
          Penumbra
          'Til Death Do Us Part
          Strange Bedfellows

... OMG!
          My God Mac, you're going through these at a phenomenal rate! Because of work and other things in my life, I'm only able to watch 3-4 episodes at most at a given day. I'm really glad you're enjoying the series. I think you'll find the final episodes to be an outstanding group, with the finale being the best of them all.
          sigpic

Comment

If I get through one episode, it's a good day.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Same here
              sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
              - R.E.M.

Comment

I usually get through an episode of something while eating dinner.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

The Siege of AR-558 is one of my favorite Star Trek episodes EVER. Well hey, I've got a thing for war stories.

My God Mac, you're going through these at a phenomenal rate! Because of work and other things in my life, I'm only able to watch 3-4 episodes at most at a given day. I'm really glad you're enjoying the series. I think you'll find the final episodes to be an outstanding group, with the finale being the best of them all.
                  I loved it as well, cause yeh, I love a great war story too, and this one was so good, real.

And yeh, I didn't think the last episodes gonna be like this, I mean you know usually a finale is 2 or 3 episodes, but in this case, the finale already started and there's still like 7 episodes left, and it's just getting better and better, it's overwhalming! Especially this Dukat-Kai Winn story. When they kissed each other, that gave me shivers, like she'd kiss the evil himself, and she doesn't even know about it! And I was so proud of her when she sent him away, at first, when he said that she should accept herself, that she wants power and all, and she said Get out of here, so I was like finally!, but no... she is Nurse Ratched. LOL Or I don't know, we'll see, if I'd find out that I had sex with the man who caused the death of millions of my ppl... well, I can't wait for that, for her reactions. But don't tell me anything!

LOL, I have that kind of days as well!

sigpic

Comment

DS9 - In the Cards.

Silly one, that.
                    Last edited by Raw_Deal; 12 November 2010, 09:28 AM.
                    sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                    - R.E.M.

Comment

Star Trek: The Next Generation - "Where Silence Has Lease"

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

So...

The Changing Face of Evil
                        When It Rains...
                        Tacking Into the Wind
                        Extreme Measures
                        The Dogs of War
                        ... and What You Leave Behind

Well, what can I say? It was amazing! One of the best sci-fi shows I ever seen, that's for sure. First 2 seasons wasn't that awesome, but after that... wow! All these great stories, controversial themes, characters, wonderful performances... I just loved it. It was so mature, real... okay I shut up now.

sigpic

Comment

Star Trek: Voyager - "Prophecy"

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

So...

The Changing Face of Evil
                            When It Rains...
                            Tacking Into the Wind
                            Extreme Measures
                            The Dogs of War
                            ... and What You Leave Behind

Well, what can I say? It was amazing! One of the best sci-fi shows I ever seen, that's for sure. First 2 seasons wasn't that awesome, but after that... wow! All these great stories, controversial themes, characters, wonderful performances... I just loved it. It was so mature, real... okay I shut up now.
                            Wow, you finished it all in one big clump? For me, that would be like trying to gulp down two liters of ice cold water. Well I'm glad you liked DS9. I'll probably start watching the whole series from the beginning either near the end of the month or the beginning of December, depending on how certain events play out. I still have to finish re-watching Band of Brothers first.

I'm glad you liked the series. There's a lot to discuss about the show, so no need to shut up at all.
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow, you finished it all in one big clump? For me, that would be like trying to gulp down two liters of ice cold water. Well I'm glad you liked DS9. I'll probably start watching the whole series from the beginning either near the end of the month or the beginning of December, depending on how certain events play out. I still have to finish re-watching Band of Brothers first.

I'm glad you liked the series. There's a lot to discuss about the show, so no need to shut up at all.
                              LOL, I did! It's 02:30 here BTW but I couldn't stop, these last 10 or so episodes were like a looong amazing sci-fi movie.

Lot to discuss indeed, like... Dukat is dead finally... well, not exactly, yeh. It's a sci-fi show, so, no one dies just like that, Daniel Jackson returns, Elizabeth Weir, Kara Thrace too, Dax... so can Dukat. Well, he won't, cause the show is over lol, but still. But the most important story, so Sisko is with the Prophets now, that was an end I didn't expect to come, to be honest! I hope he's gonna return one day... yeeeeh I know, the show is over, but I always do such thing, just like when a movie is over, kinda like "Oh so Lecter gonna murder and eat Dr. Chilton now, and Clarice Starling gonna find him eventually?"

sigpic

Comment

VOY "Elite Force"
                                Finished the game

VOY 6.22 "Muse"
                                Kellie Waymire! Aw she is so sorely missed. I loved her as Crewman Cutler on ENT, it's a real shame that she passed away so young. And Tony Amendola! And John Shuck too!

I really appreciate what this story was trying to do. Too often, the arts get shafted when they truly can make a difference. I think they do a commendable job of trying to get that across here, but it kind of falls flat.

And hey, Torres crashed the Flyer! Now see ladies, this is why we don't like it when you drive our cars jk

VOY 6.23 "Fury"
                                Kes!! So what if she was a bit....more hefty than she was last time she was on the show. So was Ens. Wildman, and she was great to see again too. And if I'm not mistaken, it's her last appearance on the show too =(

The epiosde is uh...riddled with continuity errors IMO. Tuvok is wearing Lt. Cmdr. pips even though he's only a Lt. in season 1. Jennifer Lien's....weight discrepancy would stand out like a sore thumb if watching the parts of this episode in chronological order. The Doctor knew Samantha Wildman was pregnant in the first half of season 1 here, but IIRC she didn't find out during the regular run of the show till Elogium. And then two in a row right near the end of the episode: 1) since when are there holo-emitters in Engineering? and 2) Janeway says that Kes travelled back in time 3 years ago despite it clearly being 6 years back.

Fun episode generally though Introduces that peculiar development into the season 1 timeframe.

VOY 6.24 "Life Line"
                                Lots of Robert Picardo, good fun. I found this quote on Memory Alpha from him about working on the episode..."I play not only the Doctor, but his programmer, Dr. Lewis Zimmerman. So I achieved a lifelong ambition of working with an actor who I've admired. Of course the hardest thing about acting with myself was coming up to my own level. I was very demanding, but also very generous, as an actor I gave myself everything I felt I deserved and more."

Generally a very enjoyable episode, except for one little thing that nagged at me: the fate of all the EMH Mk1s. To me that seems like it really flies in the face of all the progress made for artificial life forms by Data. And does/did Starfleet Command have twin brother Admiral Hayeses or something? He's supposed to have been dead since First Contact!

VOY 6.25 "The Haunting of Deck Twelve"
                                Kind of a mishmash of episode retreads. A bit of TNG's Disaster mixed with VOY's The Cloud and just a bit of VOY's One. But it presents it in an interesting and entertaining way, and it was good to see Harry a bit more mature and authoritative than we usually see him.

VOY 6.26 "Unimatrix Zero"
                                This was among the episodes that I wanted to try to enjoy. It was one that I positively loathed during the series run and was desperately hoping that it would change this time.

It did not. I still find the idea of Unimatrix Zero completely stupid. I shake my head at Seven dreaming for the "first" time, even though she did in both Waking Moments and One. I can't figure out what the heck Paris--an ex-con with a provisional rank in the first place--did to earn promotion back to Lt. JG while Harry is still an Ensign. One of the U0 people says they were assimilated at Wolf 359....how? That cube was destroyed in BoBW2! I'm pretty damn sure I saw Data's severed head from Time's Arrow in there as a Borg head, too. And um....faux-assimilation? WTF

Bad, bad, bad.

edit; from the "Unimatrix Zero" article on Memory Alpha:

The original story, pitched by future Voyager and Enterprise staffer Mike Sussman, was to have featured the return of Seven's father, Magnus Hansen. In that version, it would have been revealed that the Borgified Hansen had managed to create a "cyber underground" where like-minded drones could meet and plan an insurgency against the Collective. Hansen would have called upon his daughter to help in their fight, giving Seven hope that her father might someday be liberated from the Collective, as she had been. The producers opted to pursue a romantic story for Seven instead of a father-daughter reunion.
                                Uh....so who was the twit who torpedoed the good idea and told everyone to go ahead with the moronic one?
                                Last edited by DigiFluid; 12 November 2010, 11:01 PM.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X