Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Spock's Brain"
    Star Trek, Season 3, Episode 1, Disc 1

"The Enterprise Incident"
    Star Trek, Season 3, Episode 2, Disc 1

"The Paradise Syndrome"
    Star Trek, Season 3, Episode 3, Disc 1

"And the Children Shall Lead"
    Star Trek, Season 3, Episode 4, Disc 1

Comment

DS9 - Children of Time.
      sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
      - R.E.M.

Comment

Ferengi Love Songs
        Soldiers of the Empire
        Children of Time

Yes! We saw the same episode today, Raw, OMG!

oh and Blaze of Glory

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
          Thank you!

LOL, really? That's kinda cool. I'm not sure what a face fuzz is, but I'm shaved ATM.
          Face fuzz is any goatee, mustache, or beard. My brother is clean shaven but I've got a goatee that I'll be keeping around for the foreseeable future.

Ferengi Love Songs
          Soldiers of the Empire
          Children of Time

oh and Blaze of Glory
          A very good run of episodes there. Blaze of Glory pretty much brought the Maquis story line to a close. The end of the Maquis was alluded to in Voyager's "Extreme Risk" and a couple of other episodes.
          sigpic

Comment

Starting back up again....

VOY 4.17 "Retrospect"
            Eh.

VOY 4.18 "The Killing Game"
            A fun excuse to do a WW2 episode on a ship that's nowhere near Earth. Plus I like the Hirogen a lot, so it's nice to see them in such a grand story. The whole 'Harry, the greenest memeber of Starfleet, is the only one the Hirogen keep awake for maintenance' angle is awfully contrived, but I suppose it's just a storytelling conceit. I also think they really wasted an opportunity with the suspicions of Seven being a Nazi collaborator in the simulation--if they'd 'programmed' her to be one, it could've been very interesting.

All in all though, a fun episode. And a great climax/TBC moment, even if it leaves me wondering how the hell they ever fixed that gaping multi-deck-spanning hole.

VOY 4.19 "The Killing Game, Part II"
            Still a bunch of fun, but ultimately I think they missed out on a great opportunity for some chaos here. Would've been really cool to see the WW2 combat spill out into the halls of the ship and have crew members blasting Nazis in Federation corridors But still fun. So much for Janeway's principles though eh? "I'll give you holodeck technology"
            Last edited by DigiFluid; 30 October 2010, 08:30 PM.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              Face fuzz is any goatee, mustache, or beard. My brother is clean shaven but I've got a goatee that I'll be keeping around for the foreseeable future.

A very good run of episodes there. Blaze of Glory pretty much brought the Maquis story line to a close. The end of the Maquis was alluded to in Voyager's "Extreme Risk" and a couple of other episodes.
              I see! And yeah, you do that, I always say we should try everything, cause who knows what's gonna make you look hot or even hotter!

And I thought the same, when Sisko and Edington found the Maquis, Extreme Risk. Also, the Doctor Bashir, I Presume? episode, with Zimmermann, so that episode aired 24 February 1997, Extreme Risk for example 28 October 1998, so the 2 shows were like TNG and DS9 back then, running next to each other or how to say it. Cool.

And welcome back, DigiFluid! I see you having fun with Voyager...

sigpic

Comment

Yes....what with travelling, apartment hunting, moving, and then a dead computer things got put on hold for quite a while there. Now that I'm pretty much caught up on current shows, I'm able to dive back into rewatches
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Sounds like you've been busy. But you can rest now and... enjoy the show!

sigpic

Comment

VOY 4.20 "Vis à Vis"
                    Some mindless body-swapping silliness. Nothing special here. And another of Voyager's forgotten follies, "coaxial warp". I'd completely forgotten about it.

VOY 4.21 "The Omega Directive"
                    A thoroughly intriguing concept. I like the idea of Omega, and I like the idea of a super top secret directive limited only to captains and Starfleet brass--superceding even the Prime Directive. I also like how it was largely a mystery until about halfway through the episode.

A few things I disliked/snickered at though. Janeway goes to pains to make clear that explaining the Omega Directive won't leave the briefing room and the few people in there...and then just a couple minutes later they're talking openly about Omega particles in the presence of no-names. D'oh. And Seven's whole designating crewmembers as numbers thing, goofy. Straight-up goofy.

Comment

Ferengi Love Songs
                      Soldiers of the Empire
                      Children of Time

oh and Blaze of Glory
                      This is it... You caught up with me...
                      sigpic

- R.E.M.

Comment

I did! Now I'm off to watch more!

sigpic

Comment

I did! Now I'm off to watch more!
                          Lucky you...

I'm off to make some dinner, and then do some work I took home with me. Bahhhh
                          sigpic

- R.E.M.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            VOY 4.21 "The Omega Directive"
                            And Seven's whole designating crewmembers as numbers thing, goofy. Straight-up goofy.
                            One of my favourite VOY episodes. Come on! Seeing 7 demote Harry was hilaRious!
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

VOY 4.22 "Unforgettable"
                              Very intriguing concept! Aliens whose physiological makeup means that people don't remember them after a few days....neat. Kind of a bizarre evolutionary path, but who am I to judge? But what I especially like about this one is the way it looks at love and whether it's a circumstance or personalities.

VOY 4.23 "Living Witness"
                              Dim lighting and leather gloves = villainous Seriously though, one of the best episodes that the series ever did.

VOY 4.24 "Demon"
                              The introductory concept is interesting enough, with the Class Y/Demon planet, but I think this would've been far far more effective if there had been some build-up to it prior to the episode. At least a mention of low fuel reserves or something. The duplication story, well....ehh. I don't dislike it per se, but I'm not terribly fond of it either.

VOY 4.25 "One"
                              A Mutara-class nebula! That's fun, but I wonder what constitutes that? Holy carelessness though; don't even bother doing a detailed scan or anything before charging right into it! Either Harry or Janeway is responsible for the roasting death of that poor bridge redshirt, and after his death gets no mention whatsoever. Yeeeeesh.

But once the introductory stuff is done, I like a lot of what this episode does and tries to do. The loneliness and isolation of an empty ship for a long period of time is appropriately disconcerting. It becomes a tomb of its very own.

VOY 4.26 "Hope and Fear"
                              Hey, I see Admiral Hayes in all that garbled nonsense from the Starfleet transmission a while back! And then he delivers the slipstream message! That uh....that doesn't make any sense. Adm. Hayes was killed in the battle with the Borg during the previous season's timeframe. So why would he be included in a message to Voyager?

That aside, I enjoy a lot of things here. The NX-01A is a lovely ship and I quite like the internal design schemes as well (even if the engine room is an obvious redress of the engine room on Riker's ship in Peak Performance). It looks nice both interior and exterior, and it's the introduction of the quantum slipstream drive!

Two things about this episode bug me....first of all that this guy has the resources to not only have a capital-ship sized vessel at his own disposal, but also that the outer hull still looks Starfleet--even after the internal holo-emitters were turned off. I'm also not terribly happy that the 'villain' of the story died in the end. It's a conceit of storytelling I know, but it's in that same vein as SGA's Inquisition that I'm unhappy about in that the 'good guys' have done something questionable or even wrong, and get off scot-free.

But what I really like about this one is that it finally explores consequences. They've made a number of choices over the years that I've either been a bit uncomfortable with or else totally unhappy about. It was awesome to see them use this season finale as a means of criticising the decisions made in last year's finale.

Comment

Originally posted by Raw_Deal View Post
                                Lucky you...

I'm off to make some dinner, and then do some work I took home with me. Bahhhh
                                Awww. Well yeh, lucky me ,, cause I saw these episodes...

Empok Nor
                                In the Cards
                                Call to Arms
                                A Time to Stand
                                Rocks and Shoals

Well, what could I say? Ah-mazing! Also.. I always thought Garak is gay. LOL I don't wanna offend anyone, especially not myself lol , but I had this feeling about him since the beginning. And when I have this feeling about a character... I'm usually right. Not like it would matter in his case. I mean it's not Deep Space Mountain but Deep Space 9 , so it doesn't matter.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X