Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Into Darkness : Spec/Ideas/News (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 Days.

Comment

I just got back from watching it, so I will won't go into a lot of detail yet as I like more to people to have seen it before risking discussion spoilers.

That said, I will comment on one thing that I suspect may have annoyed others;

Spoiler:
      Transwarp beaming, again. **** off. It didn't work or make sense in the first, it makes less sense now. It's one stupid MacGuffin that they should have seriously ignored. I like the continuity between the films and Scotty being annoyed at it's use in this one, but it's amazing stupid how they can beam a character 90 light years away (Dominion could do something like 3 light years max) with a portable transporter, but can't beam a person when moving or when power is weak.

I will say that it was a great improvement over the first. Benedict Cumberbatch was a fantastic villain and perhaps out of the Trek movies, my favourite so far... well maybe second. Loved the Borg in First Contact. Looking forward to properly discussing it soon, as some stuff I seemed to missed so a better memory would be great.

Oh, one more thing. I think it's safe to say that the events of Enterprise are still valid in this series of films. Look at the models on Marcus' desk when Kirk goes to speak to him.
      Last edited by SaberBlade; 10 May 2013, 09:01 AM.

sigpic

Comment

5 days

Comment

2 Days

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
            I just got back from watching it, so I will won't go into a lot of detail yet as I like more to people to have seen it before risking discussion spoilers.

That said, I will comment on one thing that I suspect may have annoyed others;

Spoiler:
            Transwarp beaming, again. **** off. It didn't work or make sense in the first, it makes less sense now. It's one stupid MacGuffin that they should have seriously ignored. I like the continuity between the films and Scotty being annoyed at it's use in this one, but it's amazing stupid how they can beam a character 90 light years away (Dominion could do something like 3 light years max) with a portable transporter, but can't beam a person when moving or when power is weak.

I will say that it was a great improvement over the first. Benedict Cumberbatch was a fantastic villain and perhaps out of the Trek movies, my favourite so far... well maybe second. Loved the Borg in First Contact. Looking forward to properly discussing it soon, as some stuff I seemed to missed so a better memory would be great.

Oh, one more thing. I think it's safe to say that the events of Enterprise are still valid in this series of films. Look at the models on Marcus' desk when Kirk goes to speak to him.
            How did you see it a week before the premiere?

I saw it last night and thought it was awesome! I saw it in IMAX 3-D and say it was worth the expense!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              How did you see it a week before the premiere?
              Because Europe got it a week before us.
              Meh...

Comment

*Rips shirt in two and gets on knees and screams* EEUUURRROOOOPPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!! *Shakes fist*
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

I loved it! And, I impressed with myself that I remembered why 72 was important. (Granted, I just watched that episode a few days ago.)
                  Also, it was extra special for me because I remember watching
                  Spoiler:
                  Wrath of Khan in the theaters 30 years ago and tonight I got to watch this with my daughter. She's now the age I was then. I must admit that this one didn't make me cry like WoK did, but then, I figured out Khan's blood was sort of like the Genesis Device in this version before Kirk died so while it was still powerful, it wasn't the same as when we all thought Spock really was gone way back in the 80s.
                  Last edited by Callista; 17 May 2013, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Watched it last night finally

will have to find it somewhere in English though, had to watch it in German and there you lose completely the beautiful voice of Benedict Cumberbatch
                    Grimm returns October 24
                    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Surprised that there's not more chatter here about it.

Seen it twice already
                      Will go see it at least one more time before it leaves the cinema.

And yes... I loved it. On par with 2009 or maybe better.
                      A marvellous cinema experience through and through.

Cumberbatch was wonderful, Pine was great and Pegg was terrific.

Go. See.
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                        As am I
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                          Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          As am I
                          Flyboy made a discussion thread, that's probably why.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...ion-(SPOILERS)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                            Flyboy made a discussion thread, that's probably why.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...ion-(SPOILERS)
                            Seems a bit redundant.
                            sigpic

Comment

I have yet to see this. Working way too much as of late. Hopefully, the wife and I can see it very soon though.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                I have yet to see this. Working way too much as of late. Hopefully, the wife and I can see it very soon though.
                                I tell ya...its well worth the few extra dollars to see it in 3D (IMHO)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X