Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Into Darkness : Spec/Ideas/News (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, not interested.
    sigpic
    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
      I'm done with Star Trek if these films are the future of the franchise, I'll stick with the old stuff.
      Its sad that you feel that way. I watched Trek Nation this morning. Its a documentary done by Eugene Roddenberry. During the filming Eugene showed JJ Abrams a video that Gene had made in the mid 80s. In the video he said he would like to see the beginnings of Star Trek redone with new actors and new stories. This was Gene's vision for Star Trek. Abrams had no knowledge of this video Gene had made, but he was quite pleased that...in a way...he had Gene's blessing.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        Its sad that you feel that way. I watched Trek Nation this morning. Its a documentary done by Eugene Roddenberry. During the filming Eugene showed JJ Abrams a video that Gene had made in the mid 80s. In the video he said he would like to see the beginnings of Star Trek redone with new actors and new stories. This was Gene's vision for Star Trek. Abrams had no knowledge of this video Gene had made, but he was quite pleased that...in a way...he had Gene's blessing.
        Well Roddenberry would have been happy, because that movie cashed in big time and Roddenberry loved those paychecks.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          Well Roddenberry would have been happy, because that movie cashed in big time and Roddenberry loved those paychecks.
          Oh I'm sure...who wouldn't?
          sigpic

Comment

Noel Clarke joins the cast of the Star Trek sequel

Noel Clarke Joins ‘Star Trek’ Sequel

Details remain skimpy on J.J Abrams‘ sequel to Star Trek, though the film should be shooting soon. But we’ve got one more name to add to the roster of new actors, which also includes Alice Eve and Peter Weller. Noel Clarke, the high-profile British writer/director/actor perhaps best known in the US for playing Mickey Smith in Doctor Who, has joined the cast.

Variety says he’ll play “a family man with a wife and young daughter,” which doesn’t tell us much at all about his role. I’m sure some will speculate that he’ll play as part of a flashback to Uhura’s past, but that seems like such obvious speculation that it can’t possibly be correct.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Anyone know if there is an official start date for filming with this movie?
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Noel Clarke joins the cast of the Star Trek sequel

Noel Clarke Joins ‘Star Trek’ Sequel

Details remain skimpy on J.J Abrams‘ sequel to Star Trek, though the film should be shooting soon. But we’ve got one more name to add to the roster of new actors, which also includes Alice Eve and Peter Weller. Noel Clarke, the high-profile British writer/director/actor perhaps best known in the US for playing Mickey Smith in Doctor Who, has joined the cast.

Variety says he’ll play “a family man with a wife and young daughter,” which doesn’t tell us much at all about his role. I’m sure some will speculate that he’ll play as part of a flashback to Uhura’s past, but that seems like such obvious speculation that it can’t possibly be correct.
                I see your Noel Clarke, and raise you a Benedict Cumberbatch.

http://trekmovie.com/2012/01/04/excl...k-sequel-role/

I'm definitely more excited for the film now. Will be good to see Clarke too, as I've not really had that big of an interest in his writing/directing/acting roles since he left Who.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Anyone know if there is an official start date for filming with this movie?
                In 10 days, according to the article above.

sigpic

Comment

Yep. I saw a thing a day or two about Simon Pegg arriving in LA for the shoot's start.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
                    I'm done with Star Trek if these films are the future of the franchise, I'll stick with the old stuff.
                    To all fans of Star Trek VII, watch the semi-fan movie Star Trek: Of Gods And Men. The movie stars Nichelle Nichols as Uhura, Koenig as Chekov, Alan as Harriman(captain of Enterprise-B) in a story that connects several TOS episodes. Also starring is Tim Russ(who directed it) as Tuvok and the guy who played H. Kim as someone else.

Plot:
                    Spoiler:
                    A vengeful Charlie Evans(from Charlie X) escapes the aliens and is determined to kill Kirk. Discovering that Kirk is dead, Evans is about to use the Guardian of Forever when he is confronted by Chekov, Uhura and Harriman. Charlie goes through anyway and murders Kirk before the captain is even born. The result is a universe under a single government: The Galactic Order. Ruled by Kirot Prime, once known as Gary Mitchell, the Order is tyrannical and militaristic. With Tuvok's help, the memories of Uhura are semi-awoken and she sets out to manipulate two notorious rebels, Chekov and a possible Kim ancestor to help her return to the Guardian. After kidnapping Harriman, the trio must restore the timeline before Mitchell can stop them...
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                      To all fans of Star Trek VII, watch the semi-fan movie Star Trek: Of Gods And Men. The movie stars Nichelle Nichols as Uhura, Koenig as Chekov, Alan as Harriman(captain of Enterprise-B) in a story that connects several TOS episodes. Also starring is Tim Russ(who directed it) as Tuvok and the guy who played H. Kim as someone else.

Plot:
                      Spoiler:
                      A vengeful Charlie Evans(from Charlie X) escapes the aliens and is determined to kill Kirk. Discovering that Kirk is dead, Evans is about to use the Guardian of Forever when he is confronted by Chekov, Uhura and Harriman. Charlie goes through anyway and murders Kirk before the captain is even born. The result is a universe under a single government: The Galactic Order. Ruled by Kirot Prime, once known as Gary Mitchell, the Order is tyrannical and militaristic. With Tuvok's help, the memories of Uhura are semi-awoken and she sets out to manipulate two notorious rebels, Chekov and a possible Kim ancestor to help her return to the Guardian. After kidnapping Harriman, the trio must restore the timeline before Mitchell can stop them...
                      Where would we find this movie?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                        Where would we find this movie?
                        On the official website

http://www.startrekofgodsandmen.com/

Because they aren't allowed to make any money from it (licensing issues), all three parts are available free to watch on the site. They also give it away on DVD if you buy something from their store.

sigpic

Comment

Basically, I love this movie and to many fans, it's more preferred than Star Trek XI.
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

On the official website

http://www.startrekofgodsandmen.com/

Because they aren't allowed to make any money from it (licensing issues), all three parts are available free to watch on the site. They also give it away on DVD if you buy something from their store.
                            Thanks for the link...it was a good movie.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes, yes it was. Harriman was awesome. And Charlie.
                              Last edited by rushy; 09 January 2012, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                                I think it's gonna be the alternate version of Wrath of Khan. .
                                I hope not.
                                A new villian for a new start and a new timeline please.

I see your Noel Clarke, and raise you a Benedict Cumberbatch.

http://trekmovie.com/2012/01/04/excl...k-sequel-role/
                                Now that is really something to look forward to.
                                Cumberbatch is an amazing talent.
                                sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X