The Star Trek: XI Speculation/Rumors/Ideas/spoilers/News Thread SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    I honestly would like it to be about Species 8472 because I think 2 episode is too small for their arc.
    The question is what would it be about. Perhaps Species 8472 civil war? Though Star Trek has already played the Civil War card too many times to count. Maybe a new bad guy and we have to help out Species 8472??? Maybe Section 31 has been doing experiments trying to create 8472/human hybrids...I'm sure if they used Species 8472 that they'd find some way to work it in. I'm also trying to figure out whether the Star Trek Armada/Armada II is canon.

Comment

I heard some where near the horses mouth that they are writing the next movie totally new, nothing connected to previous ST stuff, and if the movies goes over well then they will turn it into a series however, if it doesnt they will not be trying again any time soon.

I think I read in connection to enterprise being stopped.

If they do have links to previous ST stuff archer would not be a good pick. the whole series was a flop in my eyes. It was totally different to all other ST franchises.

Comment

It would be nice to see a movie based off New Frontier.
        Support Gateworld Roleplay

Captain Jacen Richards SG7

Comment

Originally posted by KeiranFuller
          It would be nice to see a movie based off New Frontier.
          It would be cool, but I doubt it.
          sigpic

Comment

As long as Rick Bermen is in charge of Star Trek the next movie is doomed to fail. That kind of incompetence cannot be by accident; he has deliberately destroyed Star Trek!

Comment

I think it is time to let Trek die for about a decade. This comes from a long time Trekkie--back to the '70s TOS in syndication. Trek has been nothing but retreads lately. And ANOTHER alien invasion? Best of Both Worlds was an awesome and interesting episode of STNG, but it set the die for everything that followed: a big, bad, unstoppable enemy that the Federation could barely handle and, lo, they do. The Borg, the Dominion, whatever the hell the extradimensional Borg killer aliens were, Romulans/Remans with a Picard clone, ad infinitum. I think in a decade or so most of the old Trek writers and associates will have moved on and some new blood can bring some new ideas to Star Trek. I'd rather see this than some warmed over Trek hash. Maybe this new Hanks associate brings a whole new spin, but I think it is too close to the other Trek incarnations for a whole new Trek to be possible. For those who miss Trek there are still about 700 or so episodes to review. I for one will stick to TOS and STNG with the occasional dip into DS9 (but mostly I am happy with the great stuff be done by Ron Moore and Co. with the retooled Galactica).

Bring it back with someone who can be true to the Roddenberry spirit without rehashing old, old, old ground. Ten years. . . .

Comment

There are enough 'open doors' from all the series (except ent) to allow great movie material; the Breen, the dark ship (TNG: 2x08), the Delta quadrant, the mirror universe, etc.

I do agree though, star trek should have a cool down period.

Comment

The Breen (Victim/Criminal), Delta Quadrant (Setting), and Holograms (Enemy).

Mattathias

Comment

I have heard that the movie will be called the romulan war. Anybody else here that
                    sigpic
                    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick
                      I have heard that the movie will be called the romulan war. Anybody else here that
                      Nope, not me.
                      sigpic

Comment

When they were talking about that title they said that it would be just after archer but would not have the crew of enterprise.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick
                          Can't say I've seen any official news about the new film being about the Romulan Wars, apart from a couple of members speculating in this thread. Where did you get the info on this? Do you have a link?
                          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I heard it in an interview with the creator. I dont have a link yet tho
                            sigpic

Comment

I sure wouldn't mind another Star Trek movie. I mean I've lived my whole life with Star Trek around in one form or another. It's had quite an impact on me over the years. TNG is often the bar I judge other Sci-Fi shows by.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I say, as soon as we hear Bryan Singer announce he's trying to do a Star Trek film, then one should be done immediatley, as he has stated he would love to do a ST film/show. Or, with him serving as a producer (sack Berman) for a new Trek show.

Rimmer: 'I cant let you out'
                                Lister: 'Why not?'
                                Rimmer: 'Because the king of the potato people wont let me. I begged him. I got down on my knees and wept. He wants to keep you here, keep you here for 10 years'
                                Cat: 'Can we see him?'
                                Rimmer: 'See who?'
                                Cat: 'The king.'
                                Rimmer: 'Do you have a magic carpet?'
                                Lister: 'Yeah...a little 3 seater'
                                Rimmer: 'So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom. And your telling me your completely sane?'

Comment

Working...
                                X