The Star Trek: XI Speculation/Rumors/Ideas/spoilers/News Thread SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    I personally want ST:XI to be a DS9/VGR crossover.
    Yeah, but the pilot of Voyager was precisely that. Been there, done that.
    sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
      Yeah, but the pilot of Voyager was precisely that. Been there, done that.
      The only DS9 Character that appeared in the VGR pilot was Quark, so I don't consider it a crossover.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
        I personally want ST:XI to be a DS9/VGR crossover.
        And that would spell disaster for Trek- it doesn't matter how good the movie is, non Trek obsessives would not go to see a Voy/DS9 movie. It would never hold enough appeal- Voyager characters especially- maybe DS9, but definatly not Voyager- the characters on a whole aren't strong enough to sustain a two hour movie. A TNG movie with a few Voy and DS9 characters is far more likely- the movie needs a face like Patrick Stewart on it, or a completly new captain- Janeway wouldn't be a draw, she's not interesting or recognizable enough. If it were a new captain they could get anyone- maybe a big name star, maybe not, but it would stand a better chance.

Comment

A Trek/Quantum Leap Crossover.
          Sam Beckett leaps into Jothothan Archers body and thinks-hey i've seen that face before and why am I always yelling when I make a speech.

Comment

Does anyone think Avery Brooks could headline a movie? He does have big screen experience with American History X.

Comment

I'm happy if they bring back the Voyager crew for a feature movie...Say a Detla Quadrant species is planning to invade the Alpha Quadrant (Species 8472 or the Hirogen?).

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
                I'm happy if they bring back the Voyager crew for a feature movie...Say a Detla Quadrant species is planning to invade the Alpha Quadrant (Species 8472 or the Hirogen?).

Mattathias
                I think it needs to be something different from "Save Earth from invasion!". That's been done in 1,4,8 and 10. They'd need to think outside the box and not go for something bland like 9 or something silly like Starfleet Academy (shudders) yet not another gandiose war or invasion.

Comment

I liked the idea about how Star Fleet and the Federation are beginning to rise again after some disaster of sorts.

I also wonder if they could bring in parts of all the crews from TNG, DS9, and Voyager and perhaps something with TKON empire where someone found a way to tap their power, or the Iconians, or something like that. Maybe we could see the fleet destroyed then move forward 300 years or so where Star Fleet is getting back on its feet.
                  Without Science Fiction, where would our ideas for Science Fact come from?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBaron

And if there will be a new series, then Seven of Nine as captain, or as the first officer.
                    Uh, sorry, but that wouldn't happen, as she isn't a Starfleet officer.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis87
                      Uh, sorry, but that wouldn't happen, as she isn't a Starfleet officer.

Uh, well she could have went through formal training. Anything is possible in Sci-Fi. Nevermind the fact that she has the knowledge of many Starfleet Captains.

Comment

She wouldn't be a very good captain, you not remember how many times she wanted to do things that would blow up Voyager?! Eg. The omega particle....

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

No return of Seven in any capacity, please. Trek became the Seven of Nine Show for a while back there and I for one have had enough of her.
                          sigpic
                          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I like the idea of using Q to bring together multiple Captains from different shows, although I don't want Archer. He's just not a good enough character, and to put him with Kirk and Picard, the 2 greatest captains in Star Trek history, would be horrible, because he just doesn't compare to them. Now, perhaps Sisko could work, or they could have Kirk, Picard, and Mackenzie Calhoun, as a way of introducing a series based on Star Trek:New Frontier.

Comment

In my opinion I think they've almost tied the Star Trek franchise up. BUT, they did not fully finish the Species 8472 plotline, and it would be curious to find out whatever happened to the Borg Resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by aries_rules
                                In my opinion I think they've almost tied the Star Trek franchise up. BUT, they did not fully finish the Species 8472 plotline, and it would be curious to find out whatever happened to the Borg Resistance.
                                I honestly would like it to be about Species 8472 because I think 2 episode is too small for their arc.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X