ST: Enterprise Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
    I liked Judgement. It's one of my more liked episodes in seasons 1/2. First Flight was acceptable, but it felt to much like a redo to me, even though I can't put my finger on what it is rehashing.

But These are the Voyages? The only explaination that I can come up with is that Enterprise haters had heard how bad the ep was and they picked it on purpose.
    You're probably right on that one..... But really.....that episode is absolute tripe and doesn't for a second deserve to be on there. No matter how much some people despise the series. What happened to Twilight and Similitude??? Those eps were on the list to vote for! I thought Twilight would be a shoe-in.

Comment

In A Mirror Darkly: They pulled this one off perfectly. it was light years above the DS9 mirror universe episodes because this had the most required piece of the mirror universe: the moral inversion. The DS9 mirror universe episodes wer average IMHO, only Mirror Kira and Quark were morally inverted. ENT showed us that moral inversion for everyone.
      Storm Front: Manny Coto definately made this episode worthwhile.
      THe Vulcan Civil War Arc: Yay, an end to the Vulcan bashing finally.
      Affliction/Divergance: The USS Columbia and USS Enteprise in action at the same time. Also the Klingon forehead problem is solved and we have an answer to it.
      Demons/Terra Prime: Another spectacular episode in my opinion.
      The Xindi Arc: It had a ton of spectacular episodes.
      Broken Bow: Great way to begin a series.
      These Are The Voyages: This episode sucked bigtime. Trip was killed, the entire thing was a holodeck simulation, the Enterprise was decommissioned. We never saw the signing of the Federation constitution.
      Last edited by Col. Shadow Quinn; 11 July 2007, 06:19 PM.
      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

I didn't like Broken Bow. I just watched it recently, and I realized that that episode was part of the reason why I didn't take to Enterprise very well in the first 2 seasons.

Comment

Hey guys. I am just getting into Enterprise (I know, a little late) and I am hooked. I have only seen the eps up to "the Andorian Incident", so I would appreciate spoiler tags.

I tried the other treks and didnt like them. In my family, that is blasphemy (they are all purists when it comes to trek). I really like it so far and I dont get why everyone hates on it so much

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
          hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
          Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
          OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

Originally posted by penguininablender View Post
            Hey guys. I am just getting into Enterprise (I know, a little late) and I am hooked. I have only seen the eps up to "the Andorian Incident", so I would appreciate spoiler tags.

I tried the other treks and didnt like them. In my family, that is blasphemy (they are all purists when it comes to trek). I really like it so far and I dont get why everyone hates on it so much
            Ooh, new fan! Welcome! I still don't get why so many people hate on it either.

Andorian Incident is a great one- definitely a favourite. If you liked the character Shran, you'll be glad to know that he appears quite a lot throughout the series.

Comment

oohhh...yay! I liked him!

And about Broken Bow...I think the best part was the Trip needing anti spore gel bit, lol. Any excuse for that man to be bare chested

Spoiler:

hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
              OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

i have a question about the last episode of enterprise. i'll put it in spoilers, just in case.

Spoiler:
                i didn't watch the show but a couple or so times, but i caught some of the ending ep. i know that troi and riker (from next gen) were doing a simulation of the enterprise peeps, but...

were they running a sim of characters they'd created, or were the enterprise ppl once real? and if they were real, were they running sims of those characters past adventures?

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  i have a question about the last episode of enterprise. i'll put it in spoilers, just in case.

Spoiler:
                  i didn't watch the show but a couple or so times, but i caught some of the ending ep. i know that troi and riker (from next gen) were doing a simulation of the enterprise peeps, but...

were they running a sim of characters they'd created, or were the enterprise ppl once real? and if they were real, were they running sims of those characters past adventures?

sally

Spoiler:
                  It was a sim of actual "historical" events that took place on Enterprise.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    It was a sim of actual "historical" events that took place on Enterprise.
                    I will now take this time to say that maybe they got history wrong, and

Spoiler:
                    Trip didn't die. His winking as he went into the chamber meant that it was an elaborate practical joke for which he collaborated with Phlox. Riker and Troi cut off Archer's speech at the end, before the part where Trip should have streaked for the crowd. This was such an embarressment that it was erased from all federation historical records, and they just said that Trip died, end of story.

Well, I think that would have made a better finale.

Comment

Ahh!!! Must...not....read....spoilers!!

Spoiler:

- RSF

Comment

Ahh!!! Must...not....read....spoilers!!
                        It's spoilers for the finale, which was absolute rubbish.

I'd say don't watch it, but that would be hypocritical as I've seen it four times, though every time had the desire to throw something very heavy.

Comment

I actually had someone on Youtube ruin it for me already

Spoiler:
                          Trip dies!!! Even after he and T'pol hook up! Oh noes...I dont know if I will be able to watch it.

Spoiler:

- RSF

Comment

I actually had someone on Youtube ruin it for me already

Spoiler:
                            Trip dies!!! Even after he and T'pol hook up! Oh noes...I dont know if I will be able to watch it.
                            Well, as to the "hooking up" part.....it's a sort-of-not-really. Berman and Braga basically threw out every that happened in the penultimate episode (which most seem to consider the REAL finale because it was brilliant and wrapped most stuff up just fine on it's own) when it came to writing the finale. The character development that everybody got in that last episode, everything, into the bin, ignored. Which is one of the reasons that it's so dreadful.

Comment

so they dont really?

Spoiler:

- RSF

Comment

so they dont really?
                                I could go into a lot of season three spoilers, but you probably don't want that, anyway, to put it pretty much spoiler free, there was every indication that they were together at the end of the second last ep of the series, but the last ep.....contradicted that and pretty much ever other piece of character development for everyone that happened during those last few eps before it.

Comment

Working...
                                X