No announcement yet.

ST: Enterprise Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ME ME ME!!!!! I've read all of them so far. I just got an e-mail notice from Amazon about the latest book.

I think one of my favorite Trip/T'Pol scenes is from "Harbinger".......when they're having that "discussion" about who is attracted to whom! Trip: "I'm jealous......of myself?"

IHS
    sigpic

Comment

I liked "Harbinger" but I didn't feel it had the true heart and soul of some of the later episodes for them like "Home" and "Demons"/"Terra Prime". I watched those latter two tonight and oh my gawd the ending of "Terra Prime" nearly had me in tears... yet again.

I absolutely cannot wait for the next ENT book. In fact, I prefer that novel canon over the real canon... I will not allow my Trip to die! I will not allow him and T'Pol to no longer be together! It's a conspiracy, I tell you, a conspiracy!! /shakefist

Trip as an undercover agent is pretty amazing anyways. |3 Love it~
      And in the last book that was published I loved the little cameo that Tobin Dax had. DS9's kind of my favourite series, so I appreciate the cameos that Jake and Nog had at the beginning of The Good That Men Do.

Comment

Originally posted by CMWriter View Post
        I absolutely cannot wait for the next ENT book. In fact, I prefer that novel canon over the real canon... I will not allow my Trip to die! I will not allow him and T'Pol to no longer be together! It's a conspiracy, I tell you, a conspiracy!! /shakefist

Trip as an undercover agent is pretty amazing anyways. |3 Love it~
        And in the last book that was published I loved the little cameo that Tobin Dax had. DS9's kind of my favourite series, so I appreciate the cameos that Jake and Nog had at the beginning of The Good That Men Do.
        Trip's already died five times...

3-8 "Twilight" (alternate future)
        3-10 "Similitude" (Trip's clone)
        3-21 "E2" (alternate future, in the past)
        4-11 "Observer Effect" (revived by aliens)
        4-22 "These Are the Voyages..." (for real)

I don't understand the need to forcibly retcon the final episode into historical inaccuracy. Just accept the episode for what it is and move on. It's the final episode, so why does it matter who's killed off? Thanks to scenes from "Azati Prime," the only crew member who couldn't be killed off was Jonathan Archer.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
          I don't understand the need to forcibly retcon the final episode into historical inaccuracy. Just accept the episode for what it is and move on. It's the final episode, so why does it matter who's killed off? Thanks to scenes from "Azati Prime," the only crew member who couldn't be killed off was Jonathan Archer.
          The problem with the final episode is that it's not an Enterprise episode, it's just a poor retelling of a TNG episode. They shouldn't have had Riker, Troi, the Enterprise D or anything to do with it being a holodeck recreation. The entire concept seemed to have been one designed to establish ENT in the TNG era history, rather than people watching everything else and wondering why there is no mention of the NX-01.

sigpic

Comment

Deny it all you want, but it is the Enterprise series finale. This is irrefutable. Personally, I loved that the finale skipped ahead six years to depict the final adventure, but with a twist... we're seeing it from Riker and Troi's perspective on the Enterprise-D holodeck. I really did love this concept. For me, the main problem with this episode is that it doesn't match up with TNG "The Pegasus," and Riker and Troi have gotten too old to reprise the ole TNG days. For me, it would've played out better if they just set the episode aboard the Enterprise-E prior to Nemesis. Oh, and there's two more problems I had with the episode. There wasn't enough effort put into making the episode take place six years later. All we got was some ugly additions to the bridge and name tags on uniforms. No one got promoted? No one looks six years older? Finally, there's Trip and T'Pol. They broke up six years ago, meaning right after "Terra Prime" (the previous episode) where they seemed to cement their relationship. Uh... It all screams last minute finale. The cancellation was announced during filming of "In a Mirror, Darkly" Part 1 or 2, I can't remember which. The "Demons" / "Terra Prime" two-parter was ready to go, so really... Berman and Braga had at most, three weeks to write the finale. It's quality, if anything, stems from creative burnout, I think.

People aren't stupid, they can watch a prequel and realize it was never mentioned in the earlier shows, because... it hadn't been thought up yet. Personally, I always wanted to see the 22nd century, so I'm glad they got to explore it before Star Trek's TV run ended.

Comment

My main problem with TATV was the Riker and Troi addition. I don't have anything against either Frakes or Sirtis; I just felt that the ENT regulars should have gotten more screen time on their last episode. *shrugs* Snowman makes some valid points; B&B had time to go another route with the final episode. And while it's true that Archer was the only one who couldn't have been killed, the way Trip went out with a bang (so to speak) was out of character. If they were intent on doing away with the character, there was another scene where he could have been dispatched....in the shootout where Archer rescued him after he fell off the scaffolding.

CMWriter......have you heard the story about the filming of that scene toward the end of Terra Prime?

IHS
              sigpic

Comment

Why is the finale being a crossover with TNG such a bad thing? It was the last episode of Star Trek's 1987-2005 TV run. The impression I got was that "Terra Nova" closed out the series while "These Are the Voyages..." (technically an ENT episode) was to close out the whole franchise. When Rick Berman called it a valentine to the fans, he was referring to the nostalgic TNG framing of the episode. It was a good concept, but having to throw it together at the last minute resulted in bad execution.

Comment

Is anyone in this thread an ENT fan fic reader? I have been trying to locate a fic. Help!

I guess I'm just not a big fan of crossovers, period. I can see maybe crossing over to launch a series, but........

IHS
                  sigpic

Comment

I've always liked crossover episodes. When Deep Space Nine began; it brought O'Brien (a recurring TNG character) over as a central character, Picard and the Enterprise-D in the opening episode, and numerous supporting TNG characters in the first season. TNG supporting characters continued to have a big role on DS9, but the minor crossovers were more spread out after the first season. Also, TNG's Worf joined the DS9 cast half way through it's run. There were numerous other crossovers across the franchise, but DS9 stands as a good example of how to do it without feeling forced.

A lot of people on the web have said that "These Are the Voyages..." would have worked better as a mid-season episode rather than a finale. The main objection seems to be that it focused more on Riker and Troi observing history than on ending the series. "Terra Prime" was intended as the Enterprise finale while "These Are the Voyages..." (the actual finale) was to be the franchise finale. When the show ended it's run, "Terra Prime" and "These Are the Voyages..." aired back-to-back. Watching the episodes together in one night, I certainly got that vibe.

By the way, there weren't that many crossover episodes on Enterprise. There were only four episodes with direct crossovers. Any other crossovers were in the form of ancestors of familiar characters.

1-1 "Broken Bow" (Zefram Cochrane)
                    4-8 "Awakening" (T'Pau and Surak)
                    4-20 "Demons" (Phillip Green)
                    4-22 "These Are the Voyages..." (Riker and Troi; voice of Data, Picard, and Kirk)
                    Last edited by Snowman37; 22 October 2011, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Did you have a preference for storytelling on ENT?

What I mean is.....did you like the stand alone episodes, the Xindi arc, the mini-arcs in the last season......or did you just go with the flow? I'm basically in the "I like it all" club. Hubby has said he really didn't like the Xindi arc-style......he didn't like the one storyline.

I'm just curious.

IHS
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
                        Did you have a preference for storytelling on ENT?
                        I liked it all, but did really enjoy the Xindi arc. Nowadays I really like shows that have a major story arc. Stand alone eps are nice, but I do like following characters and story over a season. Those are generally some of my absolute favorite shows like B5.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
                          Did you have a preference for storytelling on ENT? What I mean is.....did you like the stand alone episodes, the Xindi arc, the mini-arcs in the last season......or did you just go with the flow?
                          Generally speaking, I prefer the episodic format. It provides a variety of stories rather one, long story arc that will go stale or unresolved if it runs too long. However, in regards to Enterprise, I loved the Xindi arc, and to a lesser extent, the two-parters and trilogies of the final season. Really, I liked all three formats. Think of it like this...

Seasons 1&2: Starfleet's first deep space ship, the Enterprise NX-01. Two years of exploration, and a variety of stories to tell. Space is new again for a world who's had interstellar flight for the past century, but only now can truly go out into the unknown galaxy.
                          Season 3: After two years of Earth establishing itself as a galactic power through Enterprise, the NX-01 must fight in a year-long story arc to save the Earth from total destruction and humanity from extinction. You could view this season as humanity proving itself worthy of it's place with it's galactic neighbors.
                          Season 4: Now that Earth and humanity are being taken seriously by the galaxy, the Enterprise leaves exploration behind in favor of being sent on special missions such as stopping the Augments, helping the Vulcans, fighting the Romulans, dealing with a Klingon disease, dealing with xenophobia on Earth, and more.

It was a good progression, and I like how the premise kept changing.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                            Generally speaking, I prefer the episodic format. It provides a variety of stories rather one, long story arc that will go stale or unresolved if it runs too long. However, in regards to Enterprise, I loved the Xindi arc, and to a lesser extent, the two-parters and trilogies of the final season. Really, I liked all three formats. Think of it like this...

Seasons 1&2: Starfleet's first deep space ship, the Enterprise NX-01. Two years of exploration, and a variety of stories to tell. Space is new again for a world who's had interstellar flight for the past century, but only now can truly go out into the unknown galaxy.
                            Season 3: After two years of Earth establishing itself as a galactic power through Enterprise, the NX-01 must fight in a year-long story arc to save the Earth from total destruction and humanity from extinction. You could view this season as humanity proving itself worthy of it's place with it's galactic neighbors.
                            Season 4: Now that Earth and humanity are being taken seriously by the galaxy, the Enterprise leaves exploration behind in favor of being sent on special missions such as stopping the Augments, helping the Vulcans, fighting the Romulans, dealing with a Klingon disease, dealing with xenophobia on Earth, and more.

It was a good progression, and I like how the premise kept changing.
                            I agree...I enjoy it too...
                            sigpic

Comment

I began watching Enterprise this weekend & I think I'm going to love this series! One proof: I already watched 11 episodes! ^^ For the time being, T'Pol is my favorite character! It's my "first contact" (what a wordplay! ) with this universe & at the moment I really enjoy it!

Comment

What did you think of "Cold Front?" After DS9's "Final Chapter," VOY's finale, and the TNG films; I had high expectations for the fifth series. I just assumed it would pick up where TNG/DS9/VOY left off or jump forward to the early 25th century. When I saw the promos about the show taking place before Captain Kirk, a prequel, I was sorely disappointed. "Broken Bow" was fantastic, but subsequent episodes left me feeling iffy about the show. "Cold Front" showed that though this show is a prequel, the Temporal Cold War would mean that it may not necessarily lead into the future of Kirk and Picard. I liked that element of the series. Though the show was cancelled, you'll be pleased to know that the Temporal Cold War story arc did get a conclusion before the show ended.

Comment

Working...
                                X