Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Voyager and Enterprise destroy Star Trek?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
    It's not so much flesh exposure as how rididulous is was....it was tasteless flesh exposure for the sake of it.
    I thought it was a pretty good idea, in the sense that they didnt have the Tech they have in other ST shows, so would have to use more basic approaches such as creams, decontamination, etc. Seemed more real imo.
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
      I thought it was a pretty good idea, in the sense that they didnt have the Tech they have in other ST shows, so would have to use more basic approaches such as creams, decontamination, etc. Seemed more real imo.
      It did make sense, but they didn't need to be so blatently obvious about it.....frankly, those scenes were a joke.

Comment

First Star Trek I saw was TNG, and I liked it. I really loved Voyager.

Never really cared for the orginal, couldn't really get into DS9. I tried Enterprise, but I never made it past the first season.

So to answer the question of the thread, no, I don't feel that Voyager and/or Enterprise destroyed Star Trek. I think each show has its fans and just because a fan likes one (or more), does not mean that they are going to like all of them.

They could still come out with another, as long as it is fresh and with a different angle. I thought at one point the next series was going to be based on the academy. I think that could be interesting and I would tune in to see how it was. They still have the opportunity to reel in viewers I think.

Comment

Working...
        X