the Star Trek: Voyager Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    Can't watch B5 all year round, after all.
    LOL! I know, I've tried.
    The engine part was a nit pick, but the emotional resonance of an episode is what I usually judge it by. Or the massive space battle. One or the other, but I get both with DS9 and B5, so...
    I'm not so sure about the anomaly preserving things. The astronaut's body looked consistent from what I've seen of 'dead in space without oxygen for years' bodies in sci-fi. As for the other artifacts and ships, I thought they were just made of sturdy materials, being space-age and all.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

This is the best star trek that has ever appeared on tv, the storylines for all the episodes are amazing and that goal at the end always setting a course for home. Janeway what can i say she is amazing the best star trek captain ever to appear just beating picard who is also very good. Q always makes star trek good and made voyager just as good as he would normally. 7 of 9 is also very good in voyager with the storyline of the borg and i hope we will get to see more of them in the future (but we proberly wont)
      Richard Dean Anderson has the same birthday as me 23rd of January

sigpic

Comment

I always enjoyed watching Voyager when it was on. Lately, I've been catching re-runs of it on TV from time to time.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The reason is Trek snobbery..particularly DS9 snobbery..if you go to the IMDB board it is chock full of DS9 snobs who trash Voyager whenever they get the chance...and call Janeway "an insult to women" (????)

personally I loved the frontier setting, (the FINAL frontier if you will!!). I thought Janeway was a great character, she never exuded the impression that she was trying to "compensate" for being a woman in a position of authority, she brought a sensitivity and strength to the captaincy that only a woman can..and if you crossed her..you were dead meat!!!

sure, Voyager suffered from some poor scripts and the addition of 7 of 9 was obviously gratuitious, though as a heterosexual male I'm not complaining!!! THose body suits oh my!!! the subject of numerous fantasies!!!

All in all it stuck to Trek dogma, and had some great moments!!

Comment

Originally posted by flyerdog View Post
            The reason is Trek snobbery..particularly DS9 snobbery..if you go to the IMDB board it is chock full of DS9 snobs who trash Voyager whenever they get the chance...and call Janeway "an insult to women" (????)

personally I loved the frontier setting, (the FINAL frontier if you will!!). I thought Janeway was a great character, she never exuded the impression that she was trying to "compensate" for being a woman in a position of authority, she brought a sensitivity and strength to the captaincy that only a woman can..and if you crossed her..you were dead meat!!!

sure, Voyager suffered from some poor scripts and the addition of 7 of 9 was obviously gratuitious, though as a heterosexual male I'm not complaining!!! THose body suits oh my!!! the subject of numerous fantasies!!!

All in all it stuck to Trek dogma, and had some great moments!!
            They trash Janeway? Oh well..too bad for them. I know a lot of people who likes Janeway that's all it matters. Voyager is about the only Star Trek I've watched...The other ones..what happened? I agree..they did had some pretty poor script for Voyager..but it survived.. I wish they'd remake it (yea right) *dreams*

Comment

I like Voyager, but let's be fair, the acting wasn't the greatest. Kate Mulgrew, Jeri Ryan and Robert Picardo were all good, and have careers that reflect that talent. The others were very campy, which fits Star Trek. While I thought Voyager was more fun, I'd say DS9 had a cast more suited for Drama where Voyager was more tongue-in-cheek. In terms of "genre" shows and acting talent, I'd say:

Buffy/Angel > SG-1 > DS9 & Atlantis > Voyager
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

I really liked Voyager when it came out. My favorite episode was probably the one, where the inhabitants of some planet all die, because of some explosion due to their power source and some of the Voyager crew get trapped in the past and try to prevent the incident. Not sure of the details, because I saw it a long time ago, but I believe it's a show from the first season.
                http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._City_Ship.jpg

Comment

I have a question... Why in the world did they pair Chakotey with 7 of 9?....

Comment

Originally posted by ShowMaster View Post
                    I really liked Voyager when it came out. My favorite episode was probably the one, where the inhabitants of some planet all die, because of some explosion due to their power source and some of the Voyager crew get trapped in the past and try to prevent the incident. Not sure of the details, because I saw it a long time ago, but I believe it's a show from the first season.
                    http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Time...gain_(episode)
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                      I have a question... Why in the world did they pair Chakotey with 7 of 9?....
                      I have no idea, that was a rather strange choice And so rushed!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        I have no idea, that was a rather strange choice And so rushed!
                        Because it was 7 of 9's fantasy and as you know the last season of Voyager might as well be called The Seven of Nine Show
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes, it was rare to have an episode that didn't revolve around her. She did bring some interesting new problems for the crew to deal with, but come on, every episode?

Comment

The best episodes for me were "hope and fear", "equinox" and "futures end". All great episodes, would have liked them to have kept the daunltless though.

sigpic

Comment

Sigh. The NX01-A. Sigh.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                                Sigh. The NX01-A. Sigh.
                                You joke seems to have gone over my head
                                Jelgate is right

Comment