Am I the only one who liked Nemesis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the movie

I love Romulans so to see them FINALLY in a movie got me grinning. I love the new Romulan ship (I dont think it's there to replace the warbird) but yay coulda used more Romulan ships though.

Personally I'm hoping we see more Romulans if they do a new series (set in future...not past..grrr)

but yea, loved it

Blitz
    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Blitz, those were the Romulan Warbirds (that helped the Enterprise fight the Scimitar). I reviewed the Special Collector's Edition DVD of the movie (link it probably still in my sig), and they talked about the designs.
      Also, I'm pretty sure Cmdr Denatra (sp?) says "warbird" - as do others.

the scimitar was a specially deisgned ship for Shinzon and his radiation weapon.

Comment

I will agree with an earlier comment and say that I liked Nemesis, it was a great movie, having its weak spots of course, but overall a great movie. However, First Contact remains my favorite Next Generation movie. I guess I just have a soft spot for the borg.

Comment

I loved Nemesis. Shinzon was a great character, I thought, and there were some great lines between him and Picard. The battle was freakin awesome, as was the Scimitar. And I liked the music too.

The only things I didn't like were that they didn't explain how Shinzon got the Scimitar well enough, or the fact that Data was absolutely suicidal in that movie. Seriously, there are like 3 times where he tries to die, but Picard won't let him. Although I do love the scene where he just jumps out the hull breach over to the Scimitar. All of that was forgivable though. The only thing that truly marred this movie was the cameo by Janeway. That is a dishonor to the TNG universe. To think she outranks Picard!? For what, getting her crew lost?! Picard has single handedly saved the Galaxy countless times. Oh well, I guess they may have done it to get her out of the Captains chair and behind a desk, where she couldn't make a difference.

And why does everyone love First Contact so much? Sure, the battle with the Borg is sweet, but it's so early in the movie. And then that one woman who gets on the Enterprise and tries to tell Picard what to do, even though she has absolutely no idea where she is or what's going on around her, is retarded. It was good, but I prefer Nemesis.

And as far as the Romulans being like the Romans, what do you expect? They're called the Romulans, they're from the planet Romulus, which has a twin planet Remus, they have a senate and a Praetor. It's hard to make them more Roman than that. Although I think it's interesting how so much in Star Trek is an allusion to actual events and people. Like the Romulans are like the Soviet Union, all suspicious with a well known and feared intelligence network, the Klingons are the Japanese, with their sense of honor and being warriors (although they were origionally intended to be the Soviets) or the Cardassians as Nazi Germany/Italy, in that the oppressed the Bajorans (Jews) and started a huge war (WW2) and had a militaristic, almost fascist society. Or they could be Italy, since they apparently once had a rich culture, but then became militaristic/fascist. They also switched sides from with the Federation to against it as an ally of the Dominion, and later in the war became a lesser partner to the Dominion, like Italy was to Germany in WW2. So I guess you could call Dukat Mussolini. Then there's the Vulcans (the British) with their lack of emotion and sense of superiority, and portrayed later as holding Earth (America) back, like the British before the American Revolution. The Andorians I think are the French, former bitter enemies of the Vulcans (British), and occasionally allys of Earth (America). Then there's the episode of DS9 where they try to make it look like the Dominion was going to attack the Romulans, which is kind of like the Zimmerman Telegraph that helped bring America into WW1.

When you think about it, Star Trek is full of allusions and criticisms, like how they totally diss Mark Twain in TNG.

Comment

i'm in agreement with apophis about everyone jumping on the First Contact bandwagon.

Personally, Generations is my favorite. I think it has the best story, the best script, and the least cheese.
            Plus it looks great.

Comment

I loved all the Star Trek movies. The reason I liked Nemesis was the fact that you got to see what would happen if a starship crashed into another ship. The only thing that bugged me was the fact that the Enterprise-E wasn't decommissioned after it lost most of its saucer section.

Comment

They can repair that damage!
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
                  They can repair that damage!
                  They decommissioned the Enterprise-A at the end of Star Trek 6, and at least they could fly under their own power. Fixing the Enterprise-E would not be worth the time or effort. When you total your car do you spend more then it's worth to fix it or do you just get another car?
                  Last edited by Lieutenant Colonel Davis; 11 January 2006, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis87
                    And as far as the Romulans being like the Romans, what do you expect? They're called the Romulans, they're from the planet Romulus, which has a twin planet Remus, they have a senate and a Praetor. It's hard to make them more Roman than that.
                    Those things are my problem. A twin planet Remus really took the biscuit for me.

Comment

I love Nemesis, the battle between Scimitar, Enterprise and the two Romulan Warbirds was the best star trek spacebattle ever. And I loved the Scimitar. The Nemesis soundtrack was also good.

First contact is good, the fight against the Borg cube was good but there wasn't enough action for me in the movie. Still one of the best ST movies.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf Eire
                        Those things are my problem. A twin planet Remus really took the biscuit for me.
                        LOL, that was taking things a teeny weeny bit too far (mine was a custard cream).
                        sigpic
                        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBaron
                          I love Nemesis, the battle between Scimitar, Enterprise and the two Romulan Warbirds was the best star trek spacebattle ever.
                          It's definitely the best out of the MOVIES in terms of action and excitement, but my favorite space battle from the Movies is from Undiscovered Country.
                          Not only is the battle between Kirk's Enterprise and Chang's Bird Of Prey pretty awesome (ENT getting the crap kicked out of it), but the dialogue is also fantastic. Chang's quoting of Shakespeare, and Spock, and McCoy in the torpedo tube, and everything - it totally just makes the entire encompassing experience awesome.

However, the best space battle in all of Star Trek is in the DS9 episode "The Sacrifice Of Angels"

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                            It's definitely the best out of the MOVIES in terms of action and excitement, but my favorite space battle from the Movies is from Undiscovered Country.
                            Not only is the battle between Kirk's Enterprise and Chang's Bird Of Prey pretty awesome (ENT getting the crap kicked out of it), but the dialogue is also fantastic. Chang's quoting of Shakespeare, and Spock, and McCoy in the torpedo tube, and everything - it totally just makes the entire encompassing experience awesome.

However, the best space battle in all of Star Trek is in the DS9 episode "The Sacrifice Of Angels"
                            I agree with both statements. There were also a bunch of small battles in Voyager I liked quite a bit as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Davis
                              I loved all the Star Trek movies. The reason I liked Nemesis was the fact that you got to see what would happen if a starship crashed into another ship. The only thing that bugged me was the fact that the Enterprise-E wasn't decommissioned after it lost most of its saucer section.
                              First of all, it wasn't most of the saucer section, it was like, 1/3, maybe a little less than half. But the biggest difference between the Enterprise E and A were that the Enterprise A was old (Unless I'm mistaken). However, the Enterprise E was still top of the line. Now, if this was really the last TNG movie, then it would make sense, but I think the whole point was to be vague with that, and leave the possibility open for another movie. Like how it says "A generation's final journey...begins." It's like, this might be the last one...or not.

Also, about Remus, that's been established Star Trek fact for a long time. It's not like they made up Remus for Nemesis just to make the Romulans more Roman-like.

Lastly, about the Kirk vs. Chang battle, when they destroy the BoP, is it just me, or did they use the exact same scene of it exploding in Generations?

Comment

yeah they did use the same explosion in Generations.
                                but alot of movies reuse footage.
                                lots of times studios that make tv shows and movies reuse certain footage too.
                                the tv show JAG used submarine and other naval footage from movies like The Hunt For Red October, and Clear And Present Danger.
                                thats just one example.

Comment

Working...
                                X