No announcement yet.

Name the next ST series...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With my idea of the federation and the rest of the galaxy being nearly wiped out, and then going against this for from another galaxy and defeating them in a Star Trek movie trilogy, i think should be set not long after Nemesis... about 10 years after. The crews of all the previous trek will have retired and moved on to high ranks... with Riker Head of Starfleet and al that.

The Enterprise would be a MUST (Enterprise-F), and i feel that a Kirk should be in command of it... but this Kirk would be corrupt at the start... spitting on the name and legacy his ancestor (James Kirk) left. This Kirk would be James Kirks great great great etc kephew... i think thats right.

Also, i know i keep going on about it, but......... i can't help it guys

Rimmer: 'I cant let you out'
    Lister: 'Why not?'
    Rimmer: 'Because the king of the potato people wont let me. I begged him. I got down on my knees and wept. He wants to keep you here, keep you here for 10 years'
    Cat: 'Can we see him?'
    Rimmer: 'See who?'
    Cat: 'The king.'
    Rimmer: 'Do you have a magic carpet?'
    Lister: 'Yeah...a little 3 seater'
    Rimmer: 'So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom. And your telling me your completely sane?'

Comment

Originally posted by Carl
      I want the next ST series to be based in the 26th century. 200 years after Voyager but not so far as the 29th century, which we've seen a bit of through shows like Voyager anyway.

In the 26th century, the Federation is falling on hard times and has expanded so far that Starfleet is completely incapable of keeping tabs on all its colonies and members. War is spreading, starships are spread thin and the Prime Directive is becoming less and less significant. This series should see:

1. A new enemy capable of ravishing Starfleet and its Federation.
      2. The very beginnings of time travel being explored and created.
      3. A new Enterprise.

That sounds like a TV series I can get behind!.....

Remember during Enterprise when they were getting close to defeating the Expansion aliens, Archway was taken into the future to see 26th century Starfleet with a Starfleet ships in battle with Xindi Starfleet members.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by smegger56
        The Enterprise would be a MUST
        I'm leaning to towards disagreeing with that statement. I know Enterprise has and probably always will be (humans and) Starfleet's flagship. It's a suiting name, and it guarantees a few more viewers calling it that, but IMHO trek should at least try getting away from the Enterprise for a while. Sure, DS9 and Voyager both did it, but there's enough Enterprises around, and making the Enterprise the main point of interest on another Trek basically means that they'll single handedly beat down every enemy they encounter, survive week in week out, and generally kick ass, which, theoretically, hampers your idea here:
        I think it would be a great idea. But it doesn't have to be the crew saving the galaxy thing. They'd play the most influential part in defeating this new enemy and all, but they'd take part. This show would also give a chance to hear about other Heroics on other Starships. We'd hear reports on how a great battle was won by another ship and captain, with out the main shows crew being involved. Also, the crew could get their arses kicked and have to be rescued... showing that the crew aren't invincible
        Just my opinion anyway, but it's a great idea you've come up with.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
          I'm leaning to towards disagreeing with that statement. I know Enterprise has and probably always will be (humans and) Starfleet's flagship. It's a suiting name, and it guarantees a few more viewers calling it that, but IMHO trek should at least try getting away from the Enterprise for a while. Sure, DS9 and Voyager both did it, but there's enough Enterprises around, and making the Enterprise the main point of interest on another Trek basically means that they'll single handedly beat down every enemy they encounter, survive week in week out, and generally kick ass, which, theoretically, hampers your idea here:
          IMHO not having the Enterprise in the show would be beneficial. DS9 was hands down favorite ST series. TNG was close, I did'nt love TNG because of the Enterprise. It stood out just fine without the Enterprise being a focal point.

I do like the idea of a series dealing with an Armada of Battle Cruisers as a main back drop.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I say bump it ahead 100 or so years like they did with TNG so that you have new everything.
            If it's a ship, have it be Enterprise. People care more about the Enterprise than other ships.
            Have the captain be male (I am a female), the writers can't handle a female captain well.
            Have more of the crew be aliens. Everyone loves the aliens, especially the classics: Klingons, Vulcans, Ferengis, Andorians, Cardassians, etc., and this is a Federation, not Earth plus its subject planets.
            Exploring is a must. Everyone loves new things, the ship breaking and some smarty solving the problem gets boring.
            Depth in the characters is also a must. The new BSG shows that we like flawed characters and hate flat characters.

Oh, and I have no idea what to name it, I'm horrible with names.
            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Star Trek: Seven seasons full of B&B having their private parts crushed by a vice. Over. And Over. And Over.

The ratings will put the superbowl to shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Smegger56
                With my idea of the federation and the rest of the galaxy being nearly wiped out, and then going against this for from another galaxy and defeating them in a Star Trek movie trilogy, i think should be set not long after Nemesis... about 10 years after. The crews of all the previous trek will have retired and moved on to high ranks... with Riker Head of Starfleet and al that.

The Enterprise would be a MUST (Enterprise-F), and i feel that a Kirk should be in command of it... but this Kirk would be corrupt at the start... spitting on the name and legacy his ancestor (James Kirk) left. This Kirk would be James Kirks great great great etc kephew... i think thats right.

Also, i know i keep going on about it, but......... i can't help it guys
                Too far in the future (3000 AD) would make for a whole lot of backstory to fill in... the 10 years Smegger56 mentions is kool... maybe even 20 years (after all, 80 years between TOS and TNG worked)...

...and I agree, you have to have the Enterprise in there somewhere.

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

I´d say that at least a century should pass between VOY and the new series. That way things have a chance to change and allow the writers to create situations and events that simply wouldn´t make sense (or be believeble) if they happened just 10 or 20 years later.

The biggest problem with Star Trek is that they´ve become so bogged down with known facts and trivia that coming up with new stuff is hard! We all know how Klingons and Romulans feel about each other now, perhaps they could do something totally different if the show takes place a 100 years down the road.

Still, I did think up a completely crasy idea for two series. The first one would be the time cop idea, they are protecting the timeline. Ok, after two seasons (which is all I think the show could do well) they would simply have the time cops fail. Some villian manages to change the timeline so that instead of Vulcans making first contact it´s done by Klingons or some other race. This creates a completely new timeline.

This brings us to the next series which would show how the star trek universe would have been given this fundimental change of history. I think it would offer a lot of possibilities. But then again, I did say that this was a crasy idea. I doubt very much that the producers would have the guts to just say "Everything that´s been done so far never really happened in the main timeline".

Comment

I still think the idea of an Alien race from another galaxy coming here to conqure and destroy the worlds of the Milky Way would be the way to go (not because it's my idea lol), and it be set 10-15 years after Nemesis.

Yeah, ST was bogged down by the facts and trivia, but this show would be a way of nearly wiping that all out, and starting afresh. If you nearly destroy the world of Star Trek, you can rebuild it... but add new things in their, and get rid of old, outdated things if needs be.

And the series after that would focus on the New Federations struggles.

Rimmer: 'I cant let you out'
                    Lister: 'Why not?'
                    Rimmer: 'Because the king of the potato people wont let me. I begged him. I got down on my knees and wept. He wants to keep you here, keep you here for 10 years'
                    Cat: 'Can we see him?'
                    Rimmer: 'See who?'
                    Cat: 'The king.'
                    Rimmer: 'Do you have a magic carpet?'
                    Lister: 'Yeah...a little 3 seater'
                    Rimmer: 'So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom. And your telling me your completely sane?'

Comment

I think that season 3 storyline for Enterprise with The Xindi/Sphere Builders would have been an excellent basis for a series. Started it off much the same with the Probe attacking and destroying most of Florida. Starfleet and the Vulcans then race to discover where the attack originated. Starfleet then assmebles a crew to investigate (perhaps with a Vulcan ship as well) and send them to the Expanse and they discover about the Xindi/Builders etc over the course of the show.

Course this could be a bad idea too. I dont know. I really liked the season 3 storyline and personally it was my favorite season of Enterprise. (minus a few bad eps like where Archer, Hoshi, and Travis are turned into those aliens.)

I think it be cool if they did something along the lines of Battlestar Galactica where The Federation is destroyed by a powerful enemy and the remenats of the Federation and Starfleet have to band together to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas
                        I think it be cool if they did something along the lines of Battlestar Galactica where The Federation is destroyed by a powerful enemy and the remenats of the Federation and Starfleet have to band together to survive.
                        Yeah, but then that's just being a copycat.
                        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

there was an idea I heard last year when I was at a convention that maybe someday there might be a Starfleet Academy series.
                          Personally I would like to see a Klingon show. All Klingon casting. That would be cool.
                          All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                          Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by Smegger56
                            If you nearly destroy the world of Star Trek, you can rebuild it... but add new things in their, and get rid of old, outdated things if needs be.

And the series after that would focus on the New Federations struggles.
                            Also, it would give anyone that has lost touch with the franchise a chance to jump on board with a clean slate.

Oh yeah.

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Brigadier General Pants
                              Also, it would give anyone that has lost touch with the franchise a chance to jump on board with a clean slate.

Oh yeah.

One of the reasons I want and theorized about a new ST series set hundreds of years in the future is the opportunity for totally new characters. They basically could start a new "Future Trek" series with a clean slate of actors and ideas.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

The thing with the New Enemy of Smegger56's idea is that everything does change drastically, without having to do another major timeline jump. Everything we know is gone...

Rock on, Smegger56!

Comment

Working...
                                X