Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radiosgalore View Post
    holy smoke i not been in these forums for ages and this thread is STILL going?! SHEEESH!!!
    This is the thread that doesn't end,
    yes it goes on and on my friend.
    Some people started typing it, not knowing what it was,
    and they'll continue typing it forever just because...

Comment

And I see that we're approaching 10000 posts in this thread. Wow. I'd say that a good 1/3 of my posts on gateworld are in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
        You know I love you Lady Rac - But you hate Data because he's annoying? - Say What!, Data is the most unassuming character from the entire Trek franchise. There isn't an annoying circuit or gizmo in his entire faux body. I just don't get that one.
        LOL I got to agree with you brother Starbase. Data is one of the most unassuming scifi characters from any series (Star Trek or otherwise). Maybe it's just that dull people annoy Lady Rac.
        Originally posted by Starbase
        Now you want to talk annoying - Spock is annoying and Odo was the king of annoying (don't get me wrong I truly love both characters). Now the only thing annoying about T'Pol was that God awful Vulcan wig they made her wear to cover her long naturally long hair. It made her head look 4 sizes to big.
        As much as I like Spock and Odo, I also find both of them rather annoying, although Odo got a lot less annoying in the later seasons. As fas as T'Pol goes, there isn't an annoying bone in her beautiful body.
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

You know I love you Lady Rac - But you hate Data because he's annoying? - Say What!, Data is the most unassuming character from the entire Trek franchise. There isn't an annoying circuit or gizmo in his entire faux body. I just don't get that one.
          I agree with you. Wesley is the annoying TNG character, not Data.
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
            I agree with you. Wesley is the annoying TNG character, not Data.
            I would even take Wesley over Troi. Listening to her speak is worse then listening to scratching noise on a chalkboard. Good thing she was wallpaper for many episodes
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I would even take Wesley over Troi. Listening to her speak is worse then listening to scratching noise on a chalkboard. Good thing she was wallpaper for many episodes
              Heh. Troi was pretty bad too, I'll give you that. I recently watched the episode where she lost her powers and she just complained about it the entire time. Ugh!
              sigpic
              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Ahh yes the somewhat lame but definetly memorable TNG season 6 episode Rascals with Picard, Guinan, Ensign Ro and Keiko O'Brien all being transformed into pre-teen children. It was funny when a young Picard accidentally called Riker #1 and then added dad so as not to attract unwatnted attention. And whats up with the Ferengi taking over the Enterprise so easily.
                Rascals was kind of blase, although it was'nt without some good humor. There are a couple of problems with this episode: (like brother Starbase suggested) - it was far too easy for the Ferengi to take over the ship, and the transporter maneuvers needed to return them to adult form are never talked about as a possible fountain of youth. Director Adam Nimoy (son of Leonard) does get some good performances out of the kids, which is fun.
                Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
                And I see that we're approaching 10000 posts in this thread. Wow. I'd say that a good 1/3 of my posts on gateworld are in here.
                LOL, probably 2/3 of all my posts are on this thread. I also noticed we are approaching the 10,000 post mark. I have been thinking about doing something like giving out some prizes/gifts or maybe having a special 10,000 post quiz.

I built this thread to last, plus with DS9 and Star Trek as the main subject matter, it made my job all more pleasurable. I plan on being here to see 20,000+ posts.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

eons ago I thought Wesley was cute... in my defense I was 9 and he drove a starship

Troi is the most annoying character I feel... I mean the average sock puppet shows a better understanding of feelings, it's fairly redundant really...

*fuming screaming alien on screen*
                  Troi - "Captain, I am getting feelings of great anger"

GAH!

I just want Picard/Riker etc to turn to her and go "no!...really!? so glad you could clear that up for us"
                  Last edited by CarsonsKitty; 01 May 2009, 09:37 AM. Reason: atrocious spelling
                  sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by CityKitty View Post
                    *fuming screaming alien on screen*
                    Troi - "Captain, I am getting feelings of great anger"

GAH!

I just want Picard/Riker etc to turn to her and go "no!...really!? so glad you could clear that up for us"
                    Hehehe...that cracked me up.

Drunk Troi in First Contact wasn't bad though. She should've got guttered more often...

Comment

She didn't do much in First Contact. In fact she didn't do much in most of the Trek movies. I think she Troi had a bigger role on VOY then she ever did on TNG
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

In fact she didn't do much in most of the Trek movies.
                        Except for crashing the ship.

Twice.

Comment

the only reason I found Troi interesting in the slightest was her mother... she was hysterical... showing up and telling Picard to get nekkid and drinking all the ships synthahol

who was your favourite side character that only showed up for a few episodes? Mine is either Lt Barcley or maybe Morn, the apparently friendly and witty regular of Quarks bar who never says a word... I like how you never really get to know him but still end up knowing a fair bit *about* him
                          sig by me

Comment

Barclay, I liked him.

Lwaxana Troi I wanted to drown in a butt of Malmsey...

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
                              Lwaxana Troi I wanted to drown in a butt of Malmsey...
                              I always wanted someone to throw Quark out of the nearest airlock.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I always wanted someone to throw Quark out of the nearest airlock.
                                Him I wanted to slap in the face with a wet haddock.

Comment

Working...
                                X