Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lieutenant Colonel Davis View Post
    What Dreams May Come is one of my favorite DvD's.
    I commend you for your good taste. it always amazes me that some of my favorite movies were "flops" at the time they were released... "It's a wonderful life", "somewhere in Time", "Vantage point", to name a few....

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
      I commend you for your good taste. it always amazes me that some of my favorite movies were "flops" at the time they were released... "It's a wonderful life", "somewhere in Time", "Vantage point", to name a few....
      Lets hope Battlefield Earth isn't part of that list, because that movie will suck forever.

Comment

Lets hope Battlefield Earth isn't part of that list, because that movie will suck forever.
        I am a DS9 fan...you know I have better taste than that! I was never even interested in seeing that movie!!! But I love Bringing Up Baby...another "flop" when released!!
        Last edited by Rac80; 10 April 2009, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Happy Easter, y'all!
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I've turned into a boxed set junkie of late...we have the complete DS9, Voyager and SG-1, Seasons 1-4 of Atlantis, Firefly, Seasons 1-3 of The 4400 (I've got my dad working through that at the moment) some Quantum Leap...and that's just the sci-fi.

I'm also a huge fan of crime drame, so there's plenty of that too!

Comment

I am a DS9 fan...you know I have better taste than that! I was never even interested in seeing that movie!!! But I love Bringing Up Baby...another "flop" when released!!
              I liked Battlefield Earth - even though it was written by wacho extradoinaire L. Ron Hubbard. Sure it wasn't the best of movies (not good enough to re-watch), but I have seen far worse including the new Keannu Reeves/re-make of The Day the Earth Stood Still - talk about a pile of crap. I felt 20 IQ points dumber after it last night.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
                I've turned into a boxed set junkie of late...we have the complete DS9, Voyager and SG-1, Seasons 1-4 of Atlantis, Firefly, Seasons 1-3 of The 4400 (I've got my dad working through that at the moment) some Quantum Leap...and that's just the sci-fi.
                I can think of worse junkies to become. Impressive list by the way. I am the same Alder - I love my DVD Box Set's and I love collecting them. I have a huge collection myself including alot of stuff I have never even opened let alone watched (with the exception of my scifi collection, which I have seen everything).

I just recently got the Firefly Box Set in Blu-Ray. I also have the entire collection of 4400 which I have only seen a handful of episodes - is it any good?.
                Originally posted by Alder
                I'm also a huge fan of crime drame, so there's plenty of that too!
                <<<<< Big Law & Order fan. I just recently purchased the entire Soprano's collection on DVD, which I have never watched before.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                  I liked Battlefield Earth - even though it was written by wacho extradoinaire L. Ron Hubbard. Sure it wasn't the best of movies (not good enough to re-watch), but I have seen far worse including the new Keannu Reeves/re-make of The Day the Earth Stood Still - talk about a pile of crap. I felt 20 IQ points dumber after it last night.
                  I tend to not bother with remakes...why bother if the original was perfect as is!

Comment

<<<<< Big Law & Order fan. I just recently purchased the entire Soprano's collection on DVD, which I have never watched before.
                    I love the stories that come with the original Law & Order. The spin-offs not so much
                    I tend to not bother with remakes...why bother if the original was perfect as is!
                    That is not always true. I will admitt the majority of remakes are worse then the original but their are a few where the remakes is better then the the original.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

but I have seen far worse including the new Keannu Reeves/re-make of The Day the Earth Stood Still - talk about a pile of crap. I felt 20 IQ points dumber after it last night.
                      I have not seen any of his movies since Bill & Ted

<<<<< Big Law & Order fan.
                      Same here. I love SVU more because of John Munch.

Comment

And Eminem's new video is proof that all crazy white people also like Star Trek. (It's ok, I'm white and a little crazy lol)

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I love the stories that come with the original Law & Order. The spin-offs not so much

That is not always true. I will admitt the majority of remakes are worse then the original but their are a few where the remakes is better then the the original.
                          Name one remake that is better than the original? *wait....taps fingers.... taps toes.....*

I have not seen any of his movies since Bill & Ted

Same here. I love SVU more because of John Munch.
                          I enjoyed Keanu in Much Ado About Nothing - he was a great bad guy and as a good guy in A Walk in the Clouds- visually gorgeous movie as well as simply a good movie!
                          I am a huge law and order fan since the first eps with Chris Noth... I adored Jerry Orbach in it too...Lenny always had the best lines. I am interested to see how Jeff Goldblum does in Law and Order: Criminal Intent.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80
                            I am a huge law and order fan since the first eps with Chris Noth... I adored Jerry Orbach in it too...Lenny always had the best lines. I am interested to see how Jeff Goldblum does in Law and Order: Criminal Intent.
                            I never watched Law & Order until I had to take care of my father some years ago while he recovered from surgery (I am generally not a fan of CSI or most other crime drama television shows). At the time Chris Noth's run was ending and Benjamin Pratt was taking over as Jerry Orbach's partner. I immediatly took the format and especially enjoyed how the show concentrates on the crime and prosecution, and not other thing's like a cops personal life or other boring stuff. The current group is pretty good.

Like brother jelgate I do not watch Law & Order: SVU or Law & Order: Criminal Intent (IMO they both are crappy compared to the original). But I did tune in and watch a couple new episodes of Criminal Intent because I wanted to see how good or bad Jeff Goldblum was in it. - He rocked it as I expected - A great actor playing his usually silly self - this time being a NYC Detective. Definitely worth checking out.

IO enjoyed Keanu in Much Ado About Nothing - he was a great bad guy and as a good guy in A Walk in the Clouds- visually gorgeous movie as well as simply a good movie!
                            Both very good movies - I am a Keanu Reeves fan going all the way back to Bill and Ted's, but what he has done lately including the debacle that is The Day the Earth Stood Still, is pretty crappy.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Clearly intelligent sci-fi and intelligent crime drama go hand in hand!

I'd thoroughly recommend the first four seasons of Law and Order - never saw them on TV, and got them recently as boxed sets. They're less polished than the later seasons, but have a lovely raw edginess about them. And the chap playing the DA is excellent. (Can't remember his name off-hand).

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
                                Clearly intelligent sci-fi and intelligent crime drama go hand in hand!

I'd thoroughly recommend the first four seasons of Law and Order - never saw them on TV, and got them recently as boxed sets. They're less polished than the later seasons, but have a lovely raw edginess about them. And the chap playing the DA is excellent. (Can't remember his name off-hand).
                                Michael Moriarty, but Watterson is much better. And Moriarty is a wacko in real life.

Comment

Working...
                                X