Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I remain pessmisitic that it will be worse then Nemesis.
    oh man and that movie was worse than horrible!

nxo1a-- many a movie that i consider dreck and drivel has become a "blockbuster"!

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
      Pffft. Nothing can be worse than Nemesis.

The trailers have been great and I really don't think it looks like a Nemesis-quality movie.
      You've never seen Battlefield Earth, have you?

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Colonel Davis View Post
        You've never seen Battlefield Earth, have you?
        Haha, yes I have seen that movie! Battlefield Earth...jeez...

I meant that as in nothing worse when it comes to Trek Movies. Believe it or not, I'd rather watch Star Trek V over Nemesis. That's how bad I find Nemesis to be.
        sigpic
        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Actually in comparsion Nemesis isn't my least favorite Trek movie. I think its rated at 8 but its been a long time since I rated the movie. I just have major problems with going back to the Kirk days. I am not a huge fan of prequels
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Nemesis was horribly written and derivative. It's like they wanted to redo TWOK but with Romulans instead of Khan, the Ent E instead of the Ent refit, and with Data instead of Spock. Apart from the retarded Data we're left with and yet another Deanna mental rape/relieve me of command scene and its resultant Riker vs enemy on walkway, the scene that irks me the most is the final Shinzon scene where Picard's just standing there looking dazed as the doomsday device ticks towards detonation. Stupid.
            I'm going to give the new movie a chance. At least the lights will be pretty.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
              Nemesis was horribly written and derivative. It's like they wanted to redo TWOK but with Romulans instead of Khan, the Ent E instead of the Ent refit, and with Data instead of Spock. Apart from the retarded Data we're left with and yet another Deanna mental rape/relieve me of command scene and its resultant Riker vs enemy on walkway, the scene that irks me the most is the final Shinzon scene where Picard's just standing there looking dazed as the doomsday device ticks towards detonation. Stupid. I'm going to give the new movie a chance. At least the lights will be pretty.
              That scene just annoyed me to no end. Argh! And I thought the farewell between Data and Geordi, perhaps the friendship I found the strongest and most interesting in the show, was lame. It was a head nod, right, just a head nod like you'd give a stranger on the street? Maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly; I've never watched the film again since I saw it in the theater. And I never really care to see it again. I count it as one of the three worst theater-going experiences I've had, I was so disappointed in the film.

Comment

I saw it once in the cinema, again on [someone else's] dvd, then I watched the fan edits on Youtube... the ones where they cut from the wedding to the cgi action to the dvd alternate ending and deleted scenes. All 10 minutes of that edit were so much better than the entire movie.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                  I saw it once in the cinema, again on [someone else's] dvd, then I watched the fan edits on Youtube... the ones where they cut from the wedding to the cgi action to the dvd alternate ending and deleted scenes. All 10 minutes of that edit were so much better than the entire movie.
                  LOL, I can remember when I first saw the previews for Nemesis - I thought to myself 'wow, this looks like it's going to be a very good and cool movie'. I think it took maybe 15 minutes before I realized what a crap fest I had wandered in to. I fell asleep half-way through only to be awoken up by the loud special effects and see the very cruddy ending. I was actually embarrassed that I dragged a few good friends that weren't really Trek fans to that horrible flick (although some of them did like it - those were the non-Trek fans of course) LOL.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                  Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                    LOL, I can remember when I first saw the previews for Nemesis - I thought to myself 'wow, this looks like it's going to be a very good and cool movie'. I think it took maybe 15 minutes before I realized what a crap fest I had wandered in to. I fell asleep half-way through only to be awoken up by the loud special effects and see the very cruddy ending. I was actually embarrassed that I dragged a few good friends that weren't really Trek fans to that horrible flick (although some of them did like it - those were the non-Trek fans of course) LOL.
                    What pissed me off about Nemesis was it wasn't even written by a Star Trek fan (let alone someone who knows that Geordi is a human, not an alien) and a really stupid director Baird. I think it would of been better if Ron Moore wrote it and Berman directed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Colonel Davis View Post
                      What pissed me off about Nemesis was it wasn't even written by a Star Trek fan (let alone someone who knows that Geordi is a human, not an alien) and a really stupid director Baird. I think it would of been better if Ron Moore wrote it and Berman directed it.
                      Frakes was apparently open to directing the movie, but they were pushing for Baird. I think he did a terrible job. Frakes probably could've turned that script into a decent movie.
                      sigpic

Comment

Frakes was apparently open to directing the movie, but they were pushing for Baird. I think he did a terrible job. Frakes probably could've turned that script into a decent movie.
                        Uh huh frakes can do everything well. (fangirl crushing here ) That movie was terrible...I thought they really really missed an opportunity to connect it to TNG by having the big baddie be Tasha Yar's half-Romulan (full crazy) daughter. would that have saved it? nahhh but it would have redeemed it a bit. what a waste of good CGI. It was as bad a trek movie as the prisioner of Azkaban was a bad Harry Potter movie!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                          Uh huh frakes can do everything well. (fangirl crushing here ) That movie was terrible...I thought they really really missed an opportunity to connect it to TNG by having the big baddie be Tasha Yar's half-Romulan (full crazy) daughter. would that have saved it? nahhh but it would have redeemed it a bit. what a waste of good CGI. It was as bad a trek movie as the prisioner of Azkaban was a bad Harry Potter movie!
                          Frakes directed Star Trek: Insurrection
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I thought Insurrection was alright. Sure it felt like a two part TNG episode and didn't have the sort of impact most Trek movies have, but I still found it entertaining.
                            sigpic

Comment

And he looked wonderful doing it!
                              I thought Insurrection was alright. Sure it felt like a two part TNG episode and didn't have the sort of impact most Trek movies have, but I still found it entertaining.
                              Yep it was coherent and fun, a far cry from Nemesis!

Comment

I actually thought Insurrection was worse then Nemesis. Where would you like to shun me?
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X