Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
    I know exactly what you mean brother Saquist. I have had a few very good friend/buddies over the years that got married and whether it was by there own volition or there wives, they just moved on and forgot about there past friends. It does hurt in a way, but as someone who is divorced (muah), I can relate with everything changing (including friends and acquaintances) once you take the marriage plunge. That being said, I worked very hard on keeping all my friends after I got married even though the wife wasn't happy with everyone. LOL
    You're very lucky there Brother Fifth. My friendship with my closest friend in college (I was even his best man for his wedding) quickly deteriorated after he and his wife got married. I haven't even spoken to him in over 2 years and I don't even have his most recent address, phone number, or email address. Yeah, his wife dislikes me that much. Oh well. That's OK though as my current closest friend and I have a much better relationship. For one thing she actually likes spending time with me.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
      You're very lucky there Brother Fifth. My friendship with my closest friend in college (I was even his best man for his wedding) quickly deteriorated after he and his wife got married. I haven't even spoken to him in over 2 years and I don't even have his most recent address, phone number, or email address. Yeah, his wife dislikes me that much. Oh well. That's OK though as my current closest friend and I have a much better relationship. For one thing she actually likes spending time with me.
      That suk'z brother CF. I also know the sting of a buddies wife not really liking me. But at the same time I can't say that I kept all my bachelor day buddies after I got married myself. Fortunately my wife's circle of friends are very cool and they actually like me lolol. Help's a lot in a marriage.

You are in for a treat. I believe this will be your first Brother Fifth Race's patented "All Purpose Star Trek Quizzes". He always put's them up on a Monday and post's results on Friday or Thursday night. Most of the questions aren't to difficult, but he always manages to throw in a few ringer questions that challenge even the most ardent of Star Trek fans. Great stuff and good fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post

You are in for a treat. I believe this will be your first Brother Fifth Race's patented "All Purpose Star Trek Quizzes". He always put's them up on a Monday and post's results on Friday or Thursday night. Most of the questions aren't to difficult, but he always manages to throw in a few ringer questions that challenge even the most ardent of Star Trek fans. Great stuff and good fun.
        Speak for yourself! When your brain's leaky you struggle to remember details of an episode you saw two years ago, let along 18
        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
        Yes, I am!
        sigpic
        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I still hate him for that question about Star Trek comparing it to the Wright brothers
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I still hate him for that question about Star Trek comparing it to the Wright brothers
            LOL, yeah that one went un-answered for along time. It was one of those questions I found out about by watching an old interview (circa 1984) of Gene Roddenberry - Who was a commercial airline pilot and had a great love of aviation and the Wright Brothers. I don't have anything that tough on this upcoming quiz, but I have few 'multi-part' questions that will make even the most skilled Trek fan think.
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I look forward to your wonderfully clever and oh so sarcastic answers Lady Pitry.
              Me too

I'm fine with a quiz As long as it doesn't involve any questions from TNG, or TOS, or VOY, or ENT or parts of DS9
              sigpic

Comment

*looks at size of head*
                *wonders if you guys posting this is a good idea*

(as in, cheers )
                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

LOL, yeah that one went un-answered for along time. It was one of those questions I found out about by watching an old interview (circa 1984) of Gene Roddenberry - Who was a commercial airline pilot and had a great love of aviation and the Wright Brothers. I don't have anything that tough on this upcoming quiz, but I have few 'multi-part' questions that will make even the most skilled Trek fan think.
                  I shouldn't admitt this one but the movies challenge my thinking because I have seen then a few times compared to huge amount of times I have seen episodes of TNG,DS9, VOY, and ENT.

You should do the DS9/bicycle question. I bet it would stump a lot of people
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

That suk'z brother CF. I also know the sting of a buddies wife not really liking me. But at the same time I can't say that I kept all my bachelor day buddies after I got married myself. Fortunately my wife's circle of friends are very cool and they actually like me lolol. Help's a lot in a marriage.
                    Yeah my friend changed greatly after he got married. Even our other friends noticed this. A mutual friend of ours really hit it on the nose when she said, "He's just not fun to be around anymore." The irony is I was supposed to be the serious one in the group. I mellowed out, relaxed, grew weird sense of humor because of my current line of work and became more blunt while he...well it's safe to say that he's not someone I want as a friend these days.

I'm kind of surprised that Bashir & O'Brien didn't go through a similar type conflict where either character started to change a bit and it strained their friendship. Don't get me wrong, they've had some pretty ugly arguments, like when Bashir told him once: "Now if you'll kindly get the hell out of here, I've got work to do." However once the two of them hit it off, there was never really a big rift that the two of them couldn't get past. Too bad real-life friendships can't be that...amicable.

You're right that this is my first ST quiz. I'm definitely looking forward to it. I haven't seen Undiscovered Country in ages but I'll muddle through. Accession though, is an episode I watched quite recently.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                      I'm kind of surprised that Bashir & O'Brien didn't go through a similar type conflict where either character started to change a bit and it strained their friendship. Don't get me wrong, they've had some pretty ugly arguments, like when Bashir told him once: "Now if you'll kindly get the hell out of here, I've got work to do." However once the two of them hit it off, there was never really a big rift that the two of them couldn't get past. Too bad real-life friendships can't be that...amicable.
                      Indeed brother Fuzz. As far as Bashir and Julian go they did have a few meltdowns with each other (that weren't because of alien or outside forces). The one that sticks out in my mind is when Miles (and everyone else) learned that Julian had been genetically enhanced - You had poor Miles, all of sudden feeling quite inferior to his best friend. And it didn't help that once the cat was out of bag Julian was kind of rubbing it in everyone's face by acting superior and showing off his genetically enhanced abilities. He needed a good friend like Miles to rein him in, which he did quite well.
                      Miles also being a best friend encouraged Julian to not resign from Starfleet and offered to help him fight it. Julian's and Mile's good bye was done very well (as were all the other sad goodbyes) in What you Leave Behind. At least Julian ended up with Ezri to comfort him.
                      Originally posted by Cold Fuzz
                      You're right that this is my first ST quiz. I'm definitely looking forward to it. I haven't seen Undiscovered Country in ages but I'll muddle through. Accession though, is an episode I watched quite recently.
                      That's right this is your first Trek Quiz with us, sweet!. Some of the questions are detailed-orientated, but most are common knowledge stuff that most hard-core Trek fans (like us all here LOL) will think for a minute and come up with the right answer. After-all making the quizzes fun is my first goal. But that being said I like to offer some of the ringers (and there quite a few on this epic thread) a challenge. Read through the quiz and take your time, I'm sure you will do very well my friend.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

This is the first I have heard of Trek quiz, how are they done? MIRC, a forum post, group msn chat, etc etc.

sigpic

Comment

That's right this is your first Trek Quiz with us, sweet!. Some of the questions are detailed-orientated, but most are common knowledge stuff that most hard-core Trek fans (like us all here LOL) will think for a minute and come up with the right answer. After-all making the quizzes fun is my first goal. But that being said I like to offer some of the ringers (and there quite a few on this epic thread) a challenge. Read through the quiz and take your time, I'm sure you will do very well my friend.
                          even Linda? anyway looking forward to the quiz

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          This is the first I have heard of Trek quiz, how are they done? MIRC, a forum post, group msn chat, etc etc.
                          forum post
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Lets look below at my very first quiz. The direction brother Fifth gives out are roughly the same then as they are now. I will caution you that the questions are quite bit more challenging now so expect a little more difficulty then this sample. I also provided my answers for this sample quiz to illustrate how a person should respond. You sound like a person who would put up a challenge for me.
                            Spoiler:
                            Star Trek Quiz #5
                            This Quiz has a Medium Diffculty Level, with questions about TNG, VOY, TOS, ENT and DS9. The last 6 questions are fill-in's, some are 2 and 3 parters - the 2 parters are worth 2 points and the 3 parters are worth 3 points.

Rules: NO Internet searches ... Be honest and have fun ... NO commenting on someones elses answers ... Some answers have multiple choice and some answers are fill-in's ... Leave your answers in a reply with a spoiler tag (hidden) ... I will post up results tomorrow afternoon. Good Luck

1) - Every incarnation of Star Trek needs its token 'character aging prematurely' episode, but which character became old before their time in DS9?
                            A)Quark B)Sisko C)Bashir D)Worf

2) - Which episode was the first to feature the Defiant?
                            A)'The Search Part One' B)'The Ship' C)'Defiant' D) 'The Maquis Part One'

3) - In which episode did the Vorta first appear?
                            A)'The Way of the Warrior' B)'The Jem'Hadar' C)'The Search Part One' D)'Crossover'

4) - The actor of which character did not appear in 'Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country'?
                            A)Joseph Sisko B)Odo C)Worf D)O'Brien

5) - Where was Guinan born?
                            A)El-Auria B)Turkana lV C)Primus II D)Brezon'tok

6) - At the end of the episode 'Deja Q', how does Q repay Data for saving him?
                            A)He lets Data experience lust B)He makes Data human C)He lets Data experience pride D)He lets Data experience laughter.

7) - What was the name of play that Dr. Crusher wrote in a Fist Full of Data's?
                            A)The Dinner Bell B)Something for Breakfast C)The Family D)The Holiday

8) - What was the name given to Kurn after his memory was wiped by his brother, Worf?
                            A)Kruge B)Rodek C)Rekvar D)Toral

9) - Who lead the Klingon High Counsel following the death of K'mpec?
                            A)Duras B)Gowron C)Azetbur D)Gorkon

10) - Who considered himself the Grandfather of Data?.
                            A)Dr. Ira Graves B)Dr. Noonien Soong C)Dr.Elaan Brosh

11) - What are the five species of Xindi?
                            A)Aquatic, Insectoid, Reptillian, Humanoids, Avian
                            B)Sloths, Insectoid, Aquatic, Reptillian, Avian
                            C) Sloths, Insectoid, Aquatic, Humanoids, Avian
                            D)Aquatic, Insectoid, Reptillian, Humanoids, Sloths

12) - What role did Nurse Chapel (TOS) play on TNG?
                            A)Dr. Carol Marcus B)Lwaxana Troi, mother of Deanna C)Yvette Gessard Picard, mother to captain Picard.

13) - At which sport was Jadzia Dax highly accomplished?
                            A)volleyball B)wrestling C)soccer D)basketball

14) - One of the characters on ENT has admitted that, on there off-duty hours, they indulge in a strong affinity for Chinese food. Who is it?
                            A)Dr. Phlox B)Ensign Hoshi Sato C)Captain Jonathan Archer D)Commander Charles "Trip" Tucker

15) - Which ship did Lt. Commander Data command during the blockade of Romulan ships in 2368?
                            A)USS Sutherland B)USS Crazy Horse C)USS Drake D)USS Cyclone

16) - Name the race or species that attacked Q over and over in the TNG episode 'Deja Q' _______?

17) - What piece of technology did Quark trade for Grand Nagus Zek's life 9(must be specific) ________?, Name the episode________?

18) - Who brought Captain Archer into the future, thereby disrupting the time-line in the ENT episode 'Shockwave' ________?

19) - Name the 3 Cardassian Leggets who ruled Cardassia along side Weyoun under the Dominion (worth 3 points) _________?, _________?, ________?

20) - What was the name of Shrans Andorian Starship _________?, And who destroyed it ________?

21) - In the alternate future presented in the VOY series finale 'Endgame', what did the Dr. finally choose as his name _________?
                            Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Spoiler:

1. C
                            2. A
                            3. B
                            4. D
                            5. A
                            6. D
                            7. A
                            8. C
                            9. B
                            10. A
                            11. A
                            12. B
                            13. A
                            14. A
                            15. B
                            16. ????
                            17. ???????
                            18. Daniels
                            19. Dukat, Damar ????\
                            20. ?????\
                            21. Joe

I won't lie, I guess on a few of these questions
                            Last edited by jelgate; 21 March 2010, 12:11 PM.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I am doing one of my "All Purpose Star Trek Quizzes" (this is the 23rd one I have done on this thread going back 3 years now). If you do a search of this thread you can find them pretty easily - that will explain it perfectly. Most of the questions involve TNG, DS9 and VOY with a couple from ENT, TOS and even a "Multi-Part Star Trek Movie" Question (the movie questions are from Undiscovered Country, First Contact and Star Trek XI (2009 - the new one). There is also a "Multi-Part Episode Specific Question" (DS9's season IV Accession is the hi-lited episode). And there is also a "Multi-Part Character Specific Question" (Kira Nerys is the hi-lited character in the upcoming quiz.

I try to make the quizzes challenging and fun (there is something for everyone). Plus we celebrate everyone (the good and the bad). So take a gander, give it a try and have some fun while we celebrate everything Star Trek.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                                looking forward to the quiz
                                Brother J1 in da house woohoo. Great to see you my friend.

For newbies: The quiz will be posted Monday (April 5). I will leave it up until Thursday night or Friday morning when I will post the results. Please read and respect the rules (there are only a few).
                                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                                X