Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
    Hi all, it's been awhile since I was last here.

/\/\ I absolutely love the conversation lately /\/\ Great stuff!. I visited brother Fifth today. He has been staying at his parents house for a couple months now to help his elderly father take care of his mother who has advanced alzheimers. He told me to say hi and say he misses everyone and wished he could be on more. He needs to get a new lap top so he can be online at his parents house when he stays there.

The wife and haven't watched anything good lately. What the heck happened to V and that other cool scifi show on ABC?. We both are enjoying Caprica so far. The show is already much better than BSG. SGU is ho hum and the second season of Sanctuary so far stinks to high heaven!.
    Tell brother Fifth we're asking for him

And Sanctuary is great So so so so so so so much better than that drivel SGA I'm still kinda on the fence with SGU
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I think that is a little extreme. Granted their is a link between bad parents and misbehaving children but even the best parents have teenagers who rebell a little. Its just part of natural human developlment.
      I agree, sir.
      I was merely generalizing as I can't account for every exception.

Comment

/\/\ I absolutely love the conversation lately /\/\ Great stuff!. I visited brother Fifth today. He has been staying at his parents house for a couple months now to help his elderly father take care of his mother who has advanced alzheimers. He told me to say hi and say he misses everyone and wished he could be on more. He needs to get a new lap top so he can be online at his parents house when he stays there.

The wife and haven't watched anything good lately. What the heck happened to V and that other cool scifi show on ABC?. We both are enjoying Caprica so far. The show is already much better than BSG. SGU is ho hum and the second season of Sanctuary so far stinks to high heaven!.
        My grandma died from the Altizhmer's. It was actually refreshing when she died because you could see how much diease was making her suffer.

V returns March 30 at 10:00 PM. If you need a refresher Hulu has all the episodes of V streamable until it returns. As for the other show I need more info like a name
        Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        Tell brother Fifth we're asking for him

And Sanctuary is great So so so so so so so much better than that drivel SGA I'm still kinda on the fence with SGU
        Sanctuary has just been terrible. I'm surprised you haven't noticed the simlairity between SGA and Sanctuary. Its the Magnus and Will show with background acting by Kate, Henry, and the Big Guy.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

My grandma died from the Altizhmer's. It was actually refreshing when she died because you could see how much diease was making her suffer.
          aww I'm sorry to hear that Jel. But sometimes it can be a blessing in disguise. My papa didn't have Alzeimer's but he was in a lot of pain with other things wrong with him. It was hard seeing him in such pain and I was sad when he died but at the same time I'm glad he doesn't have to suffer anymore

Sanctuary has just been terrible. I'm surprised you haven't noticed the simlairity between SGA and Sanctuary. Its the Magnus and Will show with background acting by Kate, Henry, and the Big Guy.
          Maybe it's because I love Magnus that I don't notice so much, and that I hated Rodney with a heated vengeance that put me completely off SGA *shrugs* Plus I'm not really that fussed on Kate yet, I much preferred Ashley But I do love Henry and the big guy. I wish we'd see more of them, I'm not really that fussed of Will either *shrugs*

But one thing Sanctuary has over SGA, most of the eps are actually entertaining While in SGA most of the eps, mostly in S5 were actually excruciating to watch

So I won't let anyone ruin my enjoyment of Sanctuary
          sigpic

Comment

Season 4 started with a bang it was all going well; till mid-season started and it became sloppy and dull. Especially Jake's stories; they were so boring I literally fell asleep.

Kasidy and Jake both of them are the worst and boring characters of DS9.
            and what's up with Kira; everyone wants to hook-up with her; now Gul Dukat as well.
            Favorite Characters:
            Babylon 5: Londo Mollari, G'Kar
            Farscape: Rygel, Zhaan
            SG1: Jack O'Neill
            SG-A: Rodney McKay

Favorite Shows In Order:
            Stargate SG-1 | DS9 | Babylon 5 | Farscape | ST:VOY | Firefly |Stargate Universe | Stargate Atlantis | BSG

Comment

Yeah I think season 4 was a bit of a hit and a miss....Or was that season 5 Oh I can't remember
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah I think season 4 was a bit of a hit and a miss....Or was that season 5 Oh I can't remember
                not on season 5 yet, I will finish season 4 this week.
                Favorite Characters:
                Babylon 5: Londo Mollari, G'Kar
                Farscape: Rygel, Zhaan
                SG1: Jack O'Neill
                SG-A: Rodney McKay

Favorite Shows In Order:
                Stargate SG-1 | DS9 | Babylon 5 | Farscape | ST:VOY | Firefly |Stargate Universe | Stargate Atlantis | BSG

Comment

But one thing Sanctuary has over SGA, most of the eps are actually entertaining While in SGA most of the eps, mostly in S5 were actually excruciating to watch

So I won't let anyone ruin my enjoyment of Sanctuary
                  Yeah a episode about two people trapped in a well and dancing for a spider is very entertaining:rolleyes"

Originally posted by BayGateScape View Post
                  Season 4 started with a bang it was all going well; till mid-season started and it became sloppy and dull. Especially Jake's stories; they were so boring I literally fell asleep.

How dare you say such insults. Actually I can understand. The plot of S4 is really about the Klingion-Cardassian War (this will be important for future seasons) but because that was in the background many episodes of S4 are character episodes. If you don't like the characters that may have a negative effect.
                  and what's up with Kira; everyone wants to hook-up with her; now Gul Dukat as well.
                  Dukat thinks he likes Kira. He is a tyrant trying to look like a humantarian. He wants to show Kira he was a good person trying to do the best he could. Thats a load of BS but Dukat has an ego complex
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Please let Fifth know we are thinking of him. Watching a loved one suffer is always difficult.

ABC took V and FlashForward (if that's the show you mean) off their schedule until after the Olympics. FlashForward returns March 18th.

I'm not a gamer, so I'm curious if anyone here is, and what they think of the Star Trek online game I keep hearing about. Apparently it's some sort of disaster? That's a bummer for the franchise, if so.

Comment

Please send Brother Fifth and his family my best wishes. I watched my grandmother slowly deteriorate due to pancreatic cancer so I can understand what a difficult time this can be.

not on season 5 yet, I will finish season 4 this week.
                      There's a huge payoff for your patience with season 4 in season 5. I thought there were some good stories in the latter half of season 4 though admittedly the overall momentum of the season wasn't what I had hoped. "To the Death" and "The Quickening" I thought were really good.
                      sigpic

Comment

In 24, Kassidy was...simplly amazing and conniving....

Comment

Yeah a episode about two people trapped in a well and dancing for a spider is very entertaining:rolleyes"
                          Granted, I'll give you the silly dance thing (and what is the obsession with Arachnids in shows these days ) but apart from that I enjoyed the ep. And I liked the ep when they were stuck in the well...

What? After S5 of SGA anything is an improvement
                          sigpic

Comment

Granted, I'll give you the silly dance thing (and what is the obsession with Arachnids in shows these days ) but apart from that I enjoyed the ep. And I liked the ep when they were stuck in the well...
                            Its offical Linda. You have no taste. The whole notion of a little spider influencing a sentinent huge archanid. Not to mention nothing happen in the well except to learn that Helen missed Ashley. And well that is obvious
                            What? After S5 of SGA anything is an improvement
                            One word: Enterprise
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Its offical Linda. You have no taste. The whole notion of a little spider influencing a sentinent huge archanid. Not to mention nothing happen in the well except to learn that Helen missed Ashley. And well that is obvious
                              Tell me something I don't know After SGA I may have learned not to set my sights too high when it comes to TV shows

One word: Enterprise
                              Um......Yeah......Good point.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hey! Look! I'm a Colonel!
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X