Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    hmm yes, that could be why BSG ended up being bad. It started off so well. Should have realised
    What, you're telling me it went *downhill* from season one? Man, I didn't even manage to finish that, goodness knows what I'd've made of the rest of it...

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
      What, you're telling me it went *downhill* from season one? Man, I didn't even manage to finish that, goodness knows what I'd've made of the rest of it...
      The first couple of seasons were good, but then it started to drag on
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        hm possessor of wealth?
        That sheds a whole new light on the 'competition' between Odo and Quark.

Well I guess if you do not spend money on food and drinks over years you can get pretty rich ....
        sigpic
        Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
        Spoiler:
        Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
        You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
          you would ahve been as bored as I was!
          Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
          That sheds a whole new light on the 'competition' between Odo and Quark.

Well I guess if you do not spend money on food and drinks over years you can get pretty rich ....
          LOL I can see Quark not trusting anyone who has that kind of money but no exploitable appetites.

Comment

so im planing to see all star trek shows one by one.. now i am with Next Generation, Star Trek The old one i skipped, but i probably gonna get these for next christmas... after Next Generation ill watch DS9, i am really curious cause mostly i only heard good things about it! never watched DS9 because as a kid i did not really understand whats going on the show, so i am looking forward to it. the only shows i watched when i was a kid was next generation and voyager ....
            sigpic

Comment

...Ok. I hope you enjoy DS9.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

My advice is give DS9 a chance. S1 isn't very good and S2 is a mixed bag of good and bad. But once you hit S3 and onwards its nothing short of awesome.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Yep I agree with Jel. Try and stick with it through the first couple of seasons
                  sigpic

Comment

Surprisingly, Jel makes sense this time. Give it a chance - you won't regret it!

Also, it has Garak, one of the best TV characters ever
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                      Surprisingly, Jel makes sense this time. Give it a chance - you won't regret it!

Also, it has Garak, one of the best TV characters ever
                      I love Garak as a character but Matok reigns supreme as best recurring character. He comes off as a different Klingion
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        I love Garak as a character but Matok reigns supreme as best recurring character. He comes off as a different Klingion
                        See? Every time you say something clever, you then ruin the impression by saying something like that. Martok is nice. Garak is the definition of 'made of win'

*sits jeli down in the re-education centre*
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Made your arguement would be more convincing if you weren't fangirling over Garak. All I know is that DS9 had an excellent recurring cast. Minus Ishka and Zek of course
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Made your arguement would be more convincing if you weren't fangirling over Garak. All I know is that DS9 had an excellent recurring cast. Minus Ishka and Zek of course
                            and Keiko?

Comment

I actually don't mind Keiko. She is hardly my favorite but I don't loathe her like Ferengi characters
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

You want an argument that is not fangirling? Okay then.

Garak is one of these rare characters, not only in DS9 but in television as a whole, who doesn't follow any stereotype and doesn't fulfill any expectations. He's one of these rare characters that is written to be more clever than the writers.

Not in the sense characters like Julian are more clever than the writers. Yes, Julian has a memory and knowledge, but as a human being in human situations he's stumbling like the rest of the characters.

Garak always knows the stakes, before the viewers. Sometimes it looks like before the writers. He always has his own agenda - which isn't something that can be summed up as "Cardassian traits". Martok is cool and kick-ass - but he's a Klingon, on everything that being a Klingon entails. Dukat is a Cardassian - he;s a complex, brilliant villain, but his Cardiassianess defines him and therefore you can always understand him. The humans are, well, Federation humans. They've been understood for years. Kira is brilliant and multi-dimensional and complex - but once again, she plays according to specific stereotypes and acts in a way that is very Kiraish.

Garak also acts in a way that is very much Garak - but being in character for Garak means you don't know what he's after: he'll always surprise you. He will always get his way. He's always a couple of steps ahead than everyone else.

And the amazing thing is? He works as a character. Which is even more rare. He could have easily become Wesley Crusher. That is, in fact, the material out of which Wesley Crushers are made. But instead he became something that is so much more - entertaining and intriguing and most important, believable. Which is why he's a joy to watch.

Enough unfangirlishly for you?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X