No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, it's an excellent episode. It's one of those type of episodes you can watch any time, especially when you're stumped for something to watch. Other episodes like that are TNG's "Starship Mine" or "Timescape."

The interplay between Dukat and Garak was brilliant to watch. I think this was one of the first episodes where they had a lot of screen time together. And it was great to see Dukat being tripped up by his own security system.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase
      Cool, have a good and safe time.

Here is the last of the bio. on O'Brien...........

Encrypted for Security Clearance Level 9 or higher
      Starfleet Intelligence Update:
      Operative Chadwick recording, SD 51590

The operation on Farius Prime to infiltrate the Orion Syndicate was surprisingly successful. Our original goal of discovering the Syndicate's inside contact at Starfleet was met. But our operative on the case, Miles O'Brien, also uncovered a conspiracy between the Syndicate and the Dominion to assassinate the Klingon Ambassador to Farius, an act they believed would endanger the Klingon-Federation Alliance. We warned the Klingon Embassy, and the plot was foiled. The only lives lost in the incident were those of Syndicate mobsters.

Our man in the field, Mr. O'Brien, was strategically selected and recruited for his engineering skills — a necessary component for this mission that no other available operative could fulfill — and he cooperated in spite of his reluctance. His efficacy in infiltrating the organization was impressive. However, I cannot recommend Mr. O'Brien for any further covert operations of this nature, as he does not have the temperament for this kind of work. He failed to keep his perspective and too easily allowed himself to sympathize with his criminal subjects. Plus, he has a latent temper that can manifest in potentially compromising ways. Without the ability to maintain a professional distance in the thick of events, he cannot be a reliable operative. I make this report with some regret, as I had grown to like and admire Mr. O'Brien. I'm sorry we parted on inimical terms.
      Interesting, now it makes sense why they picked O'Brien to do covert work in the episode Honor Among Thieves we just discussed. His past work with Starfleet security (so he proper clearance), being an engineer (always good to get in with bad guys who need stuff fixed), and his ability to appear the very honest everyday man. It sure worked well in that they stopped an assassination and caught some Orion Syndicate bad guys.

I guess Chadwick didn't want to use him again after he got to close and almost compromised his cover and could have got him killed, which is understandable. I bet O'Brien was very happy to find out he didn't have to anymore work for Starfleet Intelligence.

Great stuff brother Base!.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Hi all, I just joined the GateWorld forum after being talked into it by my good friends the Fifth Race and Starbase. I have been searching through the forums and like what I have seen and read so far. I am huge Stargate, Star Trek, Farscape, Andromeda and Atlantis fan. Like most of you there isn't to much scifi I don't like.

As you can tell by my forum name, my first love is Deep Space 9, which is the big reason I joined. Brothers Fifth Race (David) and Starbase (Vince) have been telling me about this great thread titled Deep Space 9 Superior where a good number of fellow DS9 fans have made it into a great all around Trek thread. After spending a couple hours reading through most of the thread, they weren't lying!, this thread is awesome and so are all of you that post here. I learned some new stuff about DS9 and Trek that I didn't know before (which I thought was impossible).

I will post up my favorite characters (which I noticed most of you have done) and join in the on going episode discussion, which I look forward to. I hope I can contribute and without embarrasing myself.

Note: I love Aunbis69 rotating avatar of various Trek ships and other Star Trek scenes, Awesome!.
        Last edited by USS Defiant; 19 September 2006, 05:55 AM.
        The USS Defiant Rocks!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Cheers! I added a couple of new ones the other day, of the defiant fighting the Lakota, using the tractor beam, and a couple of D'deridex firing up close... i thought they were quite smart...

Anyway, Welcome to the thread! I can't believe you read through it all though! Still, i couldn't think of a better subject to read about for a day than DS9!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
            Cheers! I added a couple of new ones the other day, of the defiant fighting the Lakota, using the tractor beam, and a couple of D'deridex firing up close... i thought they were quite smart...

Anyway, Welcome to the thread! I can't believe you read through it all though! Still, i couldn't think of a better subject to read about for a day than DS9!
            Thank you for the nice welcome.

I especially love the Defiant and Akira class ships. Those were Starfleets bad boy class ships that didn't take crap from anyone including the Borg or Dominion.

I signed up yesterday and was going to start posting, but I got to involved in reading through this brilliant thread. I am personal friends with both brother Fifth and Starbase, we all live within a few miles of each other and hang out a lot together. Trust me when I say this, they both know more about Star Trek and DS9 than anyone else I ever met.

I was very impressed with everyone's knowledge including yourself kind sir. I think Fifth Race said it best, "DS9 fans tend to be very savvy and smart". This thread is a testament to that. Like I said before, I am pretty geeky about Trek and DS9 so hopefully I can add something to what you guys already built.
            The USS Defiant Rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant
              Hi all, I just joined the GateWorld forum after being talked into it by my good friends the Fifth Race and Starbase. I have been searching through the forums and like what I have seen and read so far.

As you can tell by my forum name, my first love is Deep Space 9, which is the big reason I joined. Brothers Fifth Race (David) and Starbase (Vince) have been telling me about this great thread titled Deep Space 9 Superior where a good number of fellow DS9 fans have made it into a great all around Trek thread. After spending a couple hours reading through most of the thread, they weren't lying!, this thread is awesome and so are all of you that post here. I learned some new stuff about DS9 and Trek that I didn't know before (which I thought was impossible).

I will post up my favorite characters (which I noticed most of you have done) and join in the on going episode discussion, which I look forward to. I hope I can contribute and without embarrassing myself.

Note: I love Aunbis69 rotating avatar of various Trek ships and other Star Trek scenes, Awesome!.
              Hey, he finally made it. I told you that you were going to love this place and especially this thread brother. A very impressive group of Trek/DS9 fans here.

Post up your favorite characters in order with a brief explanation why and I hope you started re-watching season VI so you join in on the episode discussion. You will fit in beautifully here my good friend, your love and knowledge of everything Trek is quite impressive, which I'm sure most everyone will find out.

I told you would love brother Anubis69's Trek ship avatars.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Welcome USS Defiant! Have to agree Anubis- all 70 pages.....but if there's any thread worth reading through, it's this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                  Welcome USS Defiant! Have to agree Anubis- all 70 pages.....but if there's any thread worth reading through, it's this one.
                  Thank you Trek_Girl and brother Fifth I am about 90% through the whole thread and I must say, you know your stuff Trek_Girl.

Is there anything more sexy than a knowledgable female Trek fan?, I say not!.
                  The USS Defiant Rocks!

Comment

Thank you for the nice welcome.

I especially love the Defiant and Akira class ships. Those were Starfleets bad boy class ships that didn't take crap from anyone including the Borg or Dominion.
                    Amen to that, the Akira class war ships were da bomb! and the Defiant class ships were Ferarri's of Starfleet with powerful weaponry.

I signed up yesterday and was going to start posting, but I got to involved in reading through this brilliant thread. I am personal friends with both brother Fifth and Starbase, we all live within a few miles of each other and hang out a lot together. Trust me when I say this, they both know more about Star Trek and DS9 than anyone else I ever met.
                    It's about damn time, and you ain't NO friend of mine meathead just kidding don't come over and beat me up now ok. Interesting name you chose for the forum, I knew we have talked about different names (all involving Star Trek). I like it though, the Defiant is kick azz.

Comment

Hi all, .
                      my favorite ship .....stupid breen

welcome
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

*dives back in* Just popping in to let you know I'm still out there. Not quite sure where there is, though.

Talking about Akira's and Defiant's. Both are pretty cool ships. Granted, anything with a lot of weaponry is cool... but that isn't the point.

Comment

I'm back on the thread, been away a while, oooh the Akira class ships, wasen't the only Akira class federation ship in the show the U.S.S Thunderchild or was that just a random name i heard someplace?

p.s it's good to be back here on this great thread
                          For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

USS Thunderchild was an Akira-class at the Battle of Sector 001. No other ones that we know the name of ever appeared on TV, but they were shown a bunch of times on DS9 and a few times on VOY.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                              I'm back on the thread, been away a while, oooh the Akira class ships, wasen't the only Akira class federation ship in the show the U.S.S Thunderchild or was that just a random name i heard someplace?

p.s it's good to be back here on this great thread
                              Always great to see you back on the thread Darkstar!.

The Akira class ships made a few appearances in various DS9 episodes, a couple TNG episodes and the movie First Contact. I believe only 3 were ever actually Commisioned and named throughout the television series and movie.... USS Akira, USS Rabin, and the one mentioned the USS Thunderchild, which was based on a name of a ship from the H.G. Wells novel The War of the Worlds. There was a second fleet of Akira class ships that were rushed into service because of the Dominion invasion that were never Commisioned or named.

I have some great info on this I will post up following this reply.....
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Temp2
                                USS Thunderchild was an Akira-class at the Battle of Sector 001. No other ones that we know the name of ever appeared on TV, but they were shown a bunch of times on DS9 and a few times on VOY.
                                That's almost completely true Temp2. The USS Akira and other unamed Akira class ships did make brief appearances when it showed them docking at DS9 or in those wonderful DS9 Dominion War battle scenes. The other named Akira class ship that made brief appearances where you could read its name was the USS Thunderchild, I don't think the USS Rabin was ever shown.

But like I said in the above reply, once the Dominion War broke out, Starfleet rushed a 2nd fleet of unnamed Akira class ships into battle, which were scene in those epic Dominion War battle scenes.

I will give the lowdown following this reply......
                                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                                X