Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
    Hello there Lady Linda. Good morning.
    I assume you meant Part I and Part II from the 2-hour pilot episode? (which I thought was somewhat of a bomb). I watched the second episode last night (which is Air: Part III) which I did enjoy more, but wow this show has along way to go.

The Season premiere of Sanctuary (End of Nights: Part I) was good. It picks up right where it left off last season.
    Hi brother Defiant

Yep the pilot eps, we don't get the eps here till Tuesday so I haven't seen part 3 yet But I have decided to watch it on Wednesday instead so I can watch the unedited version

I liked the first part, and say I was surprised I liked it is a bit of an understatement part 2 wasn't as good but still enjoyable enough, kinda dragged a little *shrugs* And like I said not seen part 3 yet

Cool, I am so excited about Sanctuary Just a feww hours to go now
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      Hi brother Defiant

Yep the pilot eps, we don't get the eps here till Tuesday so I haven't seen part 3 yet But I have decided to watch it on Wednesday instead so I can watch the unedited version

I liked the first part, and say I was surprised I liked it is a bit of an understatement part 2 wasn't as good but still enjoyable enough, kinda dragged a little *shrugs* And like I said not seen part 3 yet

Cool, I am so excited about Sanctuary Just a feww hours to go now
      What happened to the Linda who used the dark unspeakable method?

I will not talk about SGU. I think last week proved we her can not rational talk about SGU without going at each others throats. So I'm keeping my mouth shut on what I thought.

As for Sanctuary...meh. I wasn't good but it wasn't garbage. It didn't really feel like the characters were accomplishing anything. Always one step behind the Cabal.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        What happened to the Linda who used the dark unspeakable method?

I will not talk about SGU. I think last week proved we her can not rational talk about SGU without going at each others throats. So I'm keeping my mouth shut on what I thought.

As for Sanctuary...meh. I wasn't good but it wasn't garbage. It didn't really feel like the characters were accomplishing anything. Always one step behind the Cabal.
        I have decided to watch it when It comes onto Sky but the repeated version because the idiots in this country don't like a bloody nose or a bit of flesh being shown on TV till after 9pm What are we living in, Victorian times?
        sigpic

Comment

I have decided to watch it when It comes onto Sky but the repeated version because the idiots in this country don't like a bloody nose or a bit of flesh being shown on TV till after 9pm What are we living in, Victorian times?
          I don't know. You have to show human organs or extreme cusing to get censored over here.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I watched the season premiere of Sanctuary (which I liked) and the second episode of SGU (which was better than the premiere).

Any thoughts or comments on one or both?.
            Sanctuary - I don't have Sky so sneakily watched some of season one online and now I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD later this month. I never did watch the last couple of episodes, so I'm saving them for when I get the boxed set.

SGU, Air, Part 3 - Meh. It was a bit of a curate's egg. Again, I wasn't terribly moved by the part with Chloe(?) and her mother - it's still a bit early for me to care about the people strongly. The planet was a tad dull. And I couldn't believe that one of the characters was yet another tortured Catholic.
            Spoiler:
            My favourite dramas seem to come with a really, really high proportion of lapsed/tortured Catholics. Grissom in CSI, Mac in CSI:NY, Caine in Miami, Malone in Without a Trace, EVERYONE in Law and Order (all three versions) and President Bartlett in The West Wing. Pretty sure I've missed someone out too...
            Why never a tortured Baptist? Or a happy Presbyterian? Or a slightly miffed Episcopalian? I realise it must be easy to write, with the strong imagery and the guilt/confession stuff, but it's a wee bit of a cliche...

Last ten minutes or so were much more like it though! If they could just get the story moving a bit I could *almost* like it...I think...

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
              Sanctuary - I don't have Sky so sneakily watched some of season one online and now I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD later this month. I never did watch the last couple of episodes, so I'm saving them for when I get the boxed set.

SGU, Air, Part 3 - Meh. It was a bit of a curate's egg. Again, I wasn't terribly moved by the part with Chloe(?) and her mother - it's still a bit early for me to care about the people strongly. The planet was a tad dull. And I couldn't believe that one of the characters was yet another tortured Catholic.
              Spoiler:
              My favourite dramas seem to come with a really, really high proportion of lapsed/tortured Catholics. Grissom in CSI, Mac in CSI:NY, Caine in Miami, Malone in Without a Trace, EVERYONE in Law and Order (all three versions) and President Bartlett in The West Wing. Pretty sure I've missed someone out too...
              Why never a tortured Baptist? Or a happy Presbyterian? Or a slightly miffed Episcopalian? I realise it must be easy to write, with the strong imagery and the guilt/confession stuff, but it's a wee bit of a cliche...

Last ten minutes or so were much more like it though! If they could just get the story moving a bit I could *almost* like it...I think...
              Don't you have freeview Alder? ITV4 is on freeview Oh and the Sanctuary season 1 is released today But I got mine on Saturday I think cause I ordered it through Play
              sigpic

Comment

What? On ITV4? Really? Whenwhenwhenwhenwhen!?!?!?

Comment

I watched the season premiere of Sanctuary (which I liked) and the second episode of SGU (which was better than the premiere).

Any thoughts or comments on one or both?.
                  *snores* I don't watch sanctuary so the snoring was for sgu.... that's all i'll say....

Comment

DS9 Season IV Episode Discussion
                    Episode #79 Starship Down

From a storytelling standpoint this episode doesn;t have much going for it. Fortunately the episode transcends its basic storytelling with some good suspense scenes and lustrous showmanship.

On a technical level, "Starship Down" is an outstanding episode. The several battle scenes inside the windy, cloudy atmosphere boast some absolutely superb special effects with feature film quality. And if you like to see sets explode, you're in for a treat, because just about every Defiant location becomes the victim of pyrotechnic rigging.

The plot is a collection of elements that were seemingly inspired by a disaster movie, if not four disaster movies. With the ship severely damaged, key members of the crew become isolated from each other, and the episode becomes a number of sub-stories, including (A) Worf taking control of the ship from engineering so he can elude the Jem'Hadar; (B) Kira trying to keep an injured Sisko from falling unconscious and dying by telling him a story; (C) Quark and the Karemma trader Hanok (James Cromwell) discussing the ethics of trade while disarming a torpedo which has punched through the hull; and (D) Bashir and Dax locked in an isolated corridor of the ship with no life support. It sounds ridiculous, but by some extraordinary feat of plot engineering, these sub-stories all come together and work as well as they possibly could have. This type of crosscutting and scene changing makes writing an economical synopses fairly nightmarish.

All in all, "Starship Down" manages to work somehow. It's the best case scenario of the sum of its parts. It doesn't mean a whole lot (in particular, exchanging fire with the Jem'Hadar will apparently have no direct political consequences). Yet the episode is a decent adventure outing that looks great. Good execution and, although not all the characterization is on target, everything holds together. I give it a 7.8 rating.
                    I agree this was an episode that was very well threaded technicaly. Not too special an episode.

On the Typical 1 -10 scale

10 - This Rocks
                    9 - It's tight
                    8 - Pretty Good
                    7 - Not Bad
                    6 - I've seen Better
                    5 - Average
                    4 - I'm getting Seasick
                    3 - Eat my shorts
                    2 - One word ....
                    1 - Kill me.

I rate this between 7 and 8 at 7.5

Comment

What? On ITV4? Really? Whenwhenwhenwhenwhen!?!?!?
                      It starts tonight at 10pm
                      sigpic

Comment

Don't you have freeview Alder? ITV4 is on freeview Oh and the Sanctuary season 1 is released today But I got mine on Saturday I think cause I ordered it through Play
                        Just spotted this too. And now mine is winging towards me from Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                          On the Typical 1 -10 scale

10 - This Rocks
                          9 - It's tight
                          8 - Pretty Good
                          7 - Not Bad
                          6 - I've seen Better
                          5 - Average
                          4 - I'm getting Seasick
                          3 - Eat my shorts
                          2 - One word ....
                          1 - Kill me.
                          The second half of S5 of SGA
                          sigpic

Comment

Just spotted this too. And now mine is winging towards me from Amazon.
                            Amazon and Play are great
                            sigpic

Comment

It starts tonight at 10pm
                              Ohhhhhh...scunneration...that clashes with Without a Trace on More4...hmmm...I could always watch that via 4OnDemand...and I could record Sanctuary to watch after I work my way through the boxed set, when it gets here...

...my life is so complicated all of a sudden!

In other news, my brother and his wife have just finished season three of Enterprise.

Comment

SGU was awesome....Sanctuary was boring as all hell. Serious letdown.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X