• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pre-ordered the new star trek movie on blu-ray
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      We don't really have the roads here for 4 x 4.

DS0? Is that a new show
      LOL you said you have potholes right???
      that was a typo and you know it. jel is contagious from time to time!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
        Yes but quite bendy roads So bigger cars are not so good
        sigpic

Comment

You know when I was younger my best friend lived on a gravel road. And we would go out and dig potholes for the cars to go through. Got in a lot of trouble for that

Long live the Typo King
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes but quite bendy roads So bigger cars are not so good
            Honey I grew up in the MOUNTAINS-- "bendy roads" are nothing. When we go back to maine to visit I give my poor hubby fits by taking those mountain roads at 60 or 65 mph. Hey i know them well. (and pray there is no moose nearby!)

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            You know when I was younger my best friend lived on a gravel road. And we would go out and dig potholes for the cars to go through. Got in a lot of trouble for that

Long live the Typo King
            LOL we used to do that at my uncle's farm...oooh would he get peeved!

Comment

I pre-ordered the new star trek movie on blu-ray
              Thanx for the tip, I just pre-ordered my own 3 Disc Blu-Ray copy (sweet!).

I am going create one whopper of a Star Trek XII dedicated quiz when I get a copy of this movie.

Check out all we get with the 3 Disc's (I highlighted some of the stuff I am looking forward to) ....
              Spoiler:
              BLU-RAY - The STAR TREK three-disc Blu-ray is presented in 1080p High Definition with English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD, French 5.1 Dolby Digital and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital with English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. Special features are as follows:

Disc 1:

Commentary — By director J.J. Abrams, writers Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman, producer Damon Lindelof and executive producer Bryan Burk.

NASA News — This BD-Live feature gives viewers access to the latest NASA news about real space exploration. Learn about new mission developments and check out featured imagery from around the universe.
              Disc 2:

To Boldly Go — Taking on the world’s most beloved science fiction franchise was no small mission. Director J.J. Abrams, writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, producer Damon Lindelof, and executive producer Bryan Burk talk about the many challenges they faced and their strategy for success.

Casting — The producers knew their greatest task was finding the right cast to reprise these epic roles. The cast, for their part, talk about the experience of trying to capture the essence of these mythic characters. The piece concludes with a moving tribute to Leonard Nimoy.

Aliens — Designers Neville Page and Joel Harlow talk about the hurdles they faced creating new alien species, recreating the Romulans and Vulcans, and designing the terrifying creatures on Delta Vega for the new Star Trek.

Score — As a fan of the original series, composer Michael Giacchino embraced the challenge of creating new music for Star Trek while preserving the spirit of Alexander Courage’s celebrated theme.

Branching Pods: Warp Explained
              Paint Job
              Bridge Construction Accelerated
              The Captain’s Chair
              Button Acting 101
              Shuttle Shuffle
              Narada Construction Accelerated
              The Shatner Conundrum
              Red Shirt Guy
              The Green Girl
              Trekker Alert!

Casting —
              A New Vision —
              Branching Pods:
              Savage Pressure

Starships — Abrams and production designer Scott Chambliss were careful to pay tribute to the design of the original Enterprise, but they also wanted to make it futuristic and cool for a modern audience. This chapter focuses on the unique stories behind the creation of the film’s starships.

Branching Pods:
              Warp Explained
              Paint Job
              The Captain’s Chair
              Button Acting 101
              Shuttle Shuffle
              Aliens —
              Branching Pods:
              The Alien Paradox
              Big-Eyed Girl
              Big Bro Quinto
              Klingons
              Drakoulias Anatomy 101

Planets — From the frozen landscape of Delta Vega to the desert plains of Vulcan, Scott Chambliss and the art department had a number of radically different planets to create. Abrams’ desire to shoot on real locations whenever possible led the production team to a number of strange and surprising locations.

Branching Pods:
              Extra Business
              Confidentiality

Props and Costumes — Property master Russell Bobbitt had the unique challenge of designing props that were both true to the original series and pertinent to today’s technology. Likewise, costume designer Michael Kaplan talks about how he designed costumes that paid homage to what came before yet were relevant and timeless.

Branching Pods:
              Klingon Wardrobe
              Ben Burtt and the Sounds of Star Trek — When famed sound designer Ben Burtt was hired to create sounds for the first Star Wars film, he took his inspiration from the original “Star Trek” series. Burtt jumped at the opportunity to pay tribute to the sounds that sparked his career with the sounds he created for the new Star Trek.
              Score — See description above.
              Gene Roddenberry’s Vision — J.J. Abrams, Leonard Nimoy, previous Star Trek writers and producers, and scientific consultant Carolyn Porco describe and commend the optimistic and enduring vision of Gene Roddenberry.

Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary ---
              Spock Birth
              Klingons Take Over Narada
              Young Kirk, Johnny and Uncle Frank
              Amanda and Sarek Argue After Spock Fights
              Prison Interrogation and Breakout
              Sarek Gets Amanda
              Dorm Room and Kobayashi Maru (original version)
              Kirk Apologizes to the Green Girl
              Sarek Sees Spock
              Starfleet Vessel Simulator — Explore extensive data on the U.S.S. Enterprise and the Romulan ship, the Narada. Submerse yourself in breathtaking 360° views and close-ups and review detailed tech information.

Gag Reel — Bloopers featuring the entire principal cast.

Digital Copy
              STAR TREK D-A-C Free Trial Game for XBOX 360
              Weblink to the STAR TREK D-A-C Free Trial Game for PC
              Weblink to the STAR TREK D-A-C Free Trial Game for PlayStation Network
              STAR TREK

Street date: November 17, 2009
              Runtime: 127 minutes
              U.S. Rating: PG-13 for some intense sequences of sci-fi action and violence and brief suggestive content
              Canadian Rating: PG for violence
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                Thanx for the tip, I just pre-ordered my own 3 Disc Blu-Ray copy (sweet!).

Check out all we get with the 3 Disc's (I highlighted some of the stuff I am looking forward to) ....

Spoiler:
                BLU-RAY - The STAR TREK three-disc Blu-ray is presented in 1080p High Definition with English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD, French 5.1 Dolby Digital and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital with English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. Special features are as follows:

Disc 1:

Commentary — By director J.J. Abrams, writers Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman, producer Damon Lindelof and executive producer Bryan Burk.

NASA News — This BD-Live feature gives viewers access to the latest NASA news about real space exploration. Learn about new mission developments and check out featured imagery from around the universe.
                Disc 2:

To Boldly Go — Taking on the world’s most beloved science fiction franchise was no small mission. Director J.J. Abrams, writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, producer Damon Lindelof, and executive producer Bryan Burk talk about the many challenges they faced and their strategy for success.

Casting — The producers knew their greatest task was finding the right cast to reprise these epic roles. The cast, for their part, talk about the experience of trying to capture the essence of these mythic characters. The piece concludes with a moving tribute to Leonard Nimoy.

Aliens — Designers Neville Page and Joel Harlow talk about the hurdles they faced creating new alien species, recreating the Romulans and Vulcans, and designing the terrifying creatures on Delta Vega for the new Star Trek.

Score — As a fan of the original series, composer Michael Giacchino embraced the challenge of creating new music for Star Trek while preserving the spirit of Alexander Courage’s celebrated theme.

Branching Pods: Warp Explained
                Paint Job
                The Captain’s Chair
                Button Acting 101
                Shuttle Shuffle
                The Shatner Conundrum
                Red Shirt Guy
                The Green Girl
                Trekker Alert!

Casting —
                A New Vision —
                Branching Pods:
                Savage Pressure

Starships — Abrams and production designer Scott Chambliss were careful to pay tribute to the design of the original Enterprise, but they also wanted to make it futuristic and cool for a modern audience. This chapter focuses on the unique stories behind the creation of the film’s starships.

Branching Pods:
                Warp Explained
                Paint Job
                The Captain’s Chair
                Button Acting 101
                Shuttle Shuffle
                Aliens —
                Branching Pods:
                The Alien Paradox
                Big-Eyed Girl
                Big Bro Quinto
                Klingons
                Drakoulias Anatomy 101

Planets — From the frozen landscape of Delta Vega to the desert plains of Vulcan, Scott Chambliss and the art department had a number of radically different planets to create. Abrams’ desire to shoot on real locations whenever possible led the production team to a number of strange and surprising locations.

Branching Pods:
                Extra Business
                Confidentiality

Props and Costumes — Property master Russell Bobbitt had the unique challenge of designing props that were both true to the original series and pertinent to today’s technology. Likewise, costume designer Michael Kaplan talks about how he designed costumes that paid homage to what came before yet were relevant and timeless.

Branching Pods:
                Klingon Wardrobe
                Ben Burtt and the Sounds of Star Trek — When famed sound designer Ben Burtt was hired to create sounds for the first Star Wars film, he took his inspiration from the original “Star Trek” series. Burtt jumped at the opportunity to pay tribute to the sounds that sparked his career with the sounds he created for the new Star Trek.
                Score — See description above.
                Gene Roddenberry’s Vision — J.J. Abrams, Leonard Nimoy, previous Star Trek writers and producers, and scientific consultant Carolyn Porco describe and commend the optimistic and enduring vision of Gene Roddenberry.

Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary ---
                Spock Birth
                Klingons Take Over Narada
                Young Kirk, Johnny and Uncle Frank
                Amanda and Sarek Argue After Spock Fights
                Prison Interrogation and Breakout
                Sarek Gets Amanda
                Dorm Room and Kobayashi Maru (original version)
                Kirk Apologizes to the Green Girl
                Sarek Sees Spock
                Starfleet Vessel Simulator — Explore extensive data on the U.S.S. Enterprise and the Romulan ship, the Narada. Submerse yourself in breathtaking 360° views and close-ups and review detailed tech information.

Gag Reel — Bloopers featuring the entire principal cast.

Digital Copy
                STAR TREK D-A-C Free Trial Game for XBOX 360
                Weblink to the STAR TREK D-A-C Free Trial Game for PC
                Weblink to the STAR TREK D-A-C Free Trial Game for PlayStation Network
                STAR TREK

Street date: November 17, 2009
                Runtime: 127 minutes
                U.S. Rating: PG-13 for some intense sequences of sci-fi action and violence and brief suggestive content
                Canadian Rating: PG for violence
                No problem

Aye there are a lot of extras eh
                sigpic

Comment

Another thing I like about this thread is you don't have to try defend your POV, I feel that my POV is respected, that we don't all like the same things and people are ok with that because we are not always gonna agree and that's ok cause we have different tastes and it's respected in here
                  One of the first things I noticed about this thread. It is really refreshing and rather rare to find. So far I have found it only on one other thread here on GW. Unfortunately on that other thread it seemed to vanish over time

LOL we used to do that at my uncle's farm...oooh would he get peeved!
                  I might be mistaken..but aren't there places in the US,where you would still get shot at, doing something like that? At least as an outsider

Ok...almost through the first season of Enterprise. Few quick thoughts on some episodes :

'Sleeping Dogs' : Why does about any SciFi show seem to have an episode, that feels like a submarine-movie? That 'vessel being crushed by high pressure'-theme gotta be some deep down human fear of sorts

'Shuttlepod One' : Although it is used quite often too I liked the plot of that episode. People being lost and at the brink of dying before being rescued. Funny part : turning off the heat and almost freezing to death gave them half an hour of oxygen and they had 2 hours of oxygen left when they were rescued?

'Detained' : Ah come on...yet another culture with Nazi written all over it? Even with some fancy grey, military- and evil-looking uniforms. Only interesting note with that episode was the fact, that not all Sulibans are involved in that war. And the funny part when the Colonel was constantly typing on and looking at his tricorder to access new information...give him a cigar while doing that and I would constantly feel 'at home'
                  sigpic
                  Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                  Spoiler:
                  Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                  You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
                    One of the first things I noticed about this thread. It is really refreshing and rather rare to find. So far I have found it only on one other thread here on GW. Unfortunately on that other thread it seemed to vanish over time
                    Well don't worry, I don't think the same will happen in here

'Sleeping Dogs' : Why does about any SciFi show seem to have an episode, that feels like a submarine-movie? That 'vessel being crushed by high pressure'-theme gotta be some deep down human fear of sorts
                    Maybe it's a fear on the sub-conscious level
                    sigpic

Comment

...Sigh. You'd make a good sub-contractor.
                      DS9 had 'Starship Down', Voyager had '30 Days' and 'Extreme Risk', ENT had 'Sleeping Dogs'... Can't remember if TNG or TOS had any.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        ...Sigh. You'd make a good sub-contractor.
                        DS9 had 'Starship Down', Voyager had '30 Days' and 'Extreme Risk', ENT had 'Sleeping Dogs'... Can't remember if TNG or TOS had any.
                        *snicker* gid yin

Ok s'more questions

How did they come up with the names for the runabouts, what made them choose the names?

The Rio Grande is south American, right? The Ganges is a river in I think India? Dunno about Rubicon?
                        sigpic

Comment

*snicker* gid yin

Ok s'more questions

How did they come up with the names for the runabouts, what made them choose the names?

The Rio Grande is south American, right? The Ganges is a river in I think India? Dunno about Rubicon?
                          The Rio Grande is the border between the US and Mexico. The Ganges is in India. The Rubicon river is in New Zeeland
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            The Rio Grande is the border between the US and Mexico. The Ganges is in India. The Rubicon river is in New Zeeland
                            ah right, thanks Jel. So what prompted then to name them after rivers? Does anyone know?
                            sigpic

Comment

Maybe... or they might be thinking about the one in Italy that Caesar crossed.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

ah right, thanks Jel. So what prompted then to name them after rivers? Does anyone know?
                                What promopted Stargate their ships after Greek myths? Their isn't usually a reasoning, just that the writers picked a group. Also bear in mind their were limitied Runabouts until DS9 where they were quite frequent.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X