No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The same tactical wizardry he uses on women is also used in dangerous situations. Talk women out of their clothes [and sanity], talk computers out of their circuits [and sanity].
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      Sisko always looked like he was about to fly off the handle and destroy something. Picard was reserved and it took alot to get him angry. I'd rather have the guy who knows how to keep his emotions out of a situation than the guy who's going to punch the omnipotent being.
      Sounds like you want a Vulcan?
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Sisko was way more intimdating then Picard was. Avery Brooks was really scary when he yelled. Patrick Stewart was good too but nothing is scarier then a Sisko yell. I have to diasgree on one other thing, how was Kirk comptent? Flirting with an alien every other day hardly seems something a comptent officer would do
        It was the 60's jelbaby-- that is the way an "action man" was portrayed in those days. think james bond... same thing.

Comment

Of all the captains, the only one I'd trust with saving my life and all I hold dear would be Picard. Sisko would get obsessed with it and shoot it, Janeway would get obsessed with it and shoot it, Archer would torture it in an airlock, and Kirk would try to Kirk it. Picard would try to talk first and then, if necessary, shoot it. And the man talks well. And he has Worf and Riker to blow things up well, too.
          LOL, especially the Archer and Kirk crack. well said brother nx.
          Originally posted by nx01a
          That's not to say that I dislike any of them. They were all good people and competent captains, but Picard is the one with the most versatility... and he's also the most intimidating, IMHO.
          Again well said. As much as I may talk up one or two of the Starfleet Captains - I truly loved them all (even Archer). LOL
          Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
          Ranking of Captains? Hmm..
          1.) Sisko -The man himself! Doesn't mind at least bending the protocol,if he has no other choice. Intelligence,wits,intuiton, (life) experience...but also impulsiveness,stubbornness (sometimes even obsession) and a twisted sense of humour. Nuff' said!

2.) Picard - The 'perfect' Captain. Or at least he tries to be.
          Double word.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Favorite Captains:
            1] Sisko: by the end of the series he was "indeed da man!"
            2] Picard: a very close 2nd to Sisko. Patrick Stewart is simply fantastic
            3] Janeway: kind of annoying and indecisive, but she was one tough broad I would gladly serve with.
            4] Kirk: got to admire the guys consistency
            5] Archer: last but certainly not least, his overacting was annoying at times but he did deliver in the end

Any word on whether we are going to get one of brother Fifth's epic Trek quizzes anytime soon?.

Comment

Sisko always looked like he was about to fly off the handle and destroy something. Picard was reserved and it took alot to get him angry. I'd rather have the guy who knows how to keep his emotions out of a situation than the guy who's going to punch the omnipotent being.
              I can totally agree with that. "You hit me... Picard never hit me!" "I'm not Picard." Darn right you're not, control yourself!
              sigpic
              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                I can totally agree with that. "You hit me... Picard never hit me!" "I'm not Picard." Darn right you're not, control yourself!
                Do you see what happens to pacifists like Picard?

Its not like we didn't know what Q is capable and his behavior.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Do you see what happens to pacifists like Picard?
                  They get sent to Borg space...?

Its not like we didn't know what Q is capable and his behavior.
                  I'm not saying that Q didn't have it coming or that it wasn't awesome, but that's how you're going to deal with him?
                  sigpic

Comment

They get sent to Borg space...?
                    Not exactaly a good thing for the Enterprise D

I'm not saying that Q didn't have it coming or that it wasn't awesome, but that's how you're going to deal with him?
                    I think its pretty realastic for a leader to resort to that when his people are being threaten like that. Picard was never that kind of opportunuty like Sisko did.

Happy birthday Lady Goldfish
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

1. Kirk (he has guts, commands respect, respect the rules but isn't all about him, and he's competent in many ways, whether it's in finding a date with an alien babe or lying his way out of a hopeless situation.)
                      2. Picard (His attitude and sometimes VERY strict adherance to the prime directive sometimes annoys me, but otherwise he was good. He's not necessarily the best captain, but he impresses me the most of all of them when he's dealing with aliens like in Darmok. Too bad he went all action hero in the movies, that was never his style)
                      3. Sisko (a close third, I don't really have much to say about Sisko, but he's good)
                      4. Janeway (I actually like her quite a bit, she has guts kind of like Kirk has guts. She's kind of self-righteous, but noone messes with Janeway.)
                      5. Archer (not my least favorite, just last on the list. Again, not much to say about him, but he seemed like a good captain from what I've seen of Enterprise).

Sisko isn't as used to Q is Picard, and he probably has a shorter temper for his antics. Hitting him may not have been the BEST option, but ah well.
                      Last edited by A_PophisandhisFran; 20 July 2009, 09:00 PM.
                      "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
                      "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

Not exactaly a good thing for the Enterprise D
                        Nope. Thanks Q.

I think its pretty realastic for a leader to resort to that when his people are being threaten like that. Picard was never that kind of opportunuty like Sisko did.
                        Opportunist, you mean? Yeah, of course he's not. Picard's a negotiator and a good one at that. Sisko is very different from him and that's what I love about both characters. Two very different captains.

Since we're all ranking them, I guess I gotta too:

1. Picard (Classic.)
                        2. Sisko (Amazing-ness)
                        3. 'TOS Movie Era' Kirk (Classic.)
                        4. Janeway (Dope)
                        ?. Archer (Uhhh)

Happy birthday Lady Goldfish
                        Oh... Happy birthday Linda.
                        sigpic

Comment

Opportunist, you mean? Yeah, of course he's not. Picard's a negotiator and a good one at that. Sisko is very different from him and that's what I love about both characters. Two very different captains.
                          We agree on something. This seems like a special occasion.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

We agree on something. This seems like a special occasion.
                            You better enjoy it while it lasts.

Now, I'm off to (re)watch Defiant (Hooray Tom Riker) and possibly Past Tense (Hooray awesome time travel episode) if I have the 'time'.
                            sigpic

Comment

I can't help but notice your skipping Fascination. Good choice.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I can't help but notice your skipping Fascination. Good choice.
                                I learned my lesson after rewatching Meridian last night. It's for the best.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X