Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post

why? EatG was SGA's series finale, it shouldn't focus on SG-1 characters imo

actually it wasn't ended. we'll probably never see TH again in SGA but CB wanted to write a replicator ep in s6 which would've probably included the Weir from GitM

who knows, he might be alive...

ah but there'll be movies

I never stated the Atlantis finale should have SG-1 characters, I was referring to the series as a whole and vice versa I might add. I would have loved to see Sheppard and McKay working offworld with SG-1 somehow.

As regards to Elizabeth, I did read that they planned to bring back that other actress for a replicator storyline in season 6 but that is not happening so...it's dead now unless they bring her back in a movie but I actually wouldn't want that. Nothing against the new actress but I like Torri as Elizabeth Weir.

Thyey probably won't but it would be nice to get closure regarding Ford. I believe we are to think he is dead but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
      sorry jumper one but
      Spoiler:
      the lack of teyla's son and lover is essential to Teyla's storyline over the 2 seasons.
      Spoiler:
      true but it had nothing to do with what happened in EatG

Spoiler:
      she was frantically looking for both her lover and her people, then was frantically protecting her baby from Michael. to have her leave them behind or not mention them is a major plot hole for her character!
      Spoiler:
      since when is not mentioning something a plot hole? especially since it wouldn't have changed the events in EatG

Spoiler:
      Her character would demand that she know where her family is and how/when she would return to them.
      Spoiler:
      who says she doesn't? it simply wasn't mentioned...

ps you know wiki is NOT an authoritative source for anything right?
      yes I know

Originally posted by HirogenGater View Post
      I never stated the Atlantis finale should have SG-1 characters, I was referring to the series as a whole and vice versa I might add. I would have loved to see Sheppard and McKay working offworld with SG-1 somehow.
      oh my bad

As regards to Elizabeth, I did read that they planned to bring back that other actress for a replicator storyline in season 6 but that is not happening so...
      Michelle Morgan

it's dead now unless they bring her back in a movie but I actually wouldn't want that. Nothing against the new actress but I like Torri as Elizabeth Weir.
      Spoiler:
      q-ball-er writes: “do u think that there is hope for Weir popping up in any movies…at all??”

Answer: Sorry. Weir’s journey has ended.
      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ine-repellant/

Thyey probably won't but it would be nice to get closure regarding Ford. I believe we are to think he is dead but you never know.
      I think everybody would like to know what happened to Ford. yeah he's probably dead but this is sci fi, dead characters can return
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I must agree with Rac; it did cross my mind that Teyla's other major commitment wasn't mentioned. Woolsey might have mentioned Teyla's man and child as part of the reason for her [and Ronon] to stay in Pegasus. Sticking with them even after the mention of her man and child would really speak for Teyla's allegiance to Atlantis.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          I must agree with Rac; it did cross my mind that Teyla's other major commitment wasn't mentioned. Woolsey might have mentioned Teyla's man and child as part of the reason for her [and Ronon] to stay in Pegasus. Sticking with them even after the mention of her man and child would really speak for Teyla's allegiance to Atlantis.
          I agree that the Athosians and Kanaan should've been mentioned but it isn't a plot hole imo
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Plot hole, no. Should have been mentioned/would have been nice to hear, yes.
            A plot hole would be Woolsey telling Teyla to stay on Earth because she's got nothing in Pegasus to go back to.

Comparing this to DS9's finale... Scruntching that 2 parter into a single spisode might have resulted in something akin to EatG. I see it now... Just after getting the Female Changeling to surrender at around 30.00, Sisko gets the word from the Prophets and warp 9.982's it back to Bajor. Cut to the fire caves at 32.00, confrontation with Dukat and Winn, the dynamic duo fall into the fire [B5 reference] at 39.00. Sisko appears to the baby mama at 40.00 and gives the 'I'll be back' speech. Jake laments on the Promenade with Kira as the wormhole opens and closes at 42.00. None of those overdone flashbacks. End of series. Perfect!
            Last edited by nx01a; 13 January 2009, 08:50 PM.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Which is funny because I always thought the DS9 finale is a little slow in parts
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                Comparing this to DS9's finale... Scruntching that 2 parter into a single spisode might have resulted in something akin to EatG. I see it now... Just after getting the Female Changeling to surrender at around 30.00, Sisko gets the word from the Prophets and warp 9.982's it back to Bajor. Cut to the fire caves at 32.00, confrontation with Dukat and Winn, the dynamic duo fall into the fire [B5 reference] at 39.00. Sisko appears to the baby mama at 40.00 and gives the 'I'll be back' speech. Jake laments on the Promenade with Kira as the wormhole opens and closes at 42.00. None of those overdone flashbacks. End of series. Perfect!
                LOL, that's the funniest thing I have read all week. The way the story goes - TPTB had over 4 1/2 hours worth of footage that was filmed for the 2-part finale. Apparently they were hoping to actually stretch it into a 3 or even a 4 part finale so they didn't have to tie up the loose ends as abruptly as they did. All in all and IMHO they did a fine job (even though it was 'abrupt') of ending the series in a neat tidy package. I have read that Paramount has kept all that (and alot more) extra footage, and that it might be packaged into a Box Set in the future (how sweet would that be!.)
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                  Sweet. I look forward to the new "guess the quote section" my friend. I watched Improbable Cause (part 1 to The Die is Cast). I assume you will do questions from that episode as well?.
                  Naw, the 'dedicated episode question' will only cover The Die is Cast (part II).

The new 'guess the quote' section will be all from DS9 (this quiz). I haven't decided yet whether to tell you all what episode it is from because I don't think that will matter one way or the other.

I am working on the final touches this morning, so the quiz is definetly on for Monday.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                    The new 'guess the quote' section will be all from DS9 (this quiz). I haven't decided yet whether to tell you all what episode it is from because I don't think that will matter one way or the other.
                    Nah, it'd still be all Garak.
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                      Nah, it'd still be all Garak.
                      LOL, I could literally do an entire quiz dedicated to Garak, but even that would get old fast. I did put Garak in the spot-light this week for multi-part 'dedicated character question' for like the 5th time since I started my quizzes. The questions about him are a little tougher this time around.

For the 'guess the quote question" I gave 7 different quotes, one from each season which is specified, so that should help a little. I picked pretty easy ones for its maiden voyage on this quiz, most of you should ace them.
                      Last edited by the Fifth Race; 16 January 2009, 05:53 AM.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I sense bias.You keep on picking Pitry's favorite character but I'm still waiting for Odo questions.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

LOL, I could literally do an entire quiz dedicated to Garak, but even that would get old fast. I did put Garak is in the spot-light this week for multi-part 'dedicated character question' for like the 5th time since I started my quizzes. The question about him are a little tougher this time around.
                          Nah, Garak never gets old. But well, your plan workls too I guess!

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I sense bias.You keep on picking Pitry's favorite character but I'm still waiting for Odo questions.
                          That's cos Pitry chooses her favourite hcaracters more wisely!
                          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I am working on the final touches this morning, so the quiz is definetly on for Monday.
                            Sweet, I am looking forward to kicking my quiz butt.
                            Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            LOL, brother Fifth has actually "spot-lighted" Odo a few times as well. He did say he came up with some new and interesting questions about Garak. Brother Fifth never dissapoints .

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                              Nah, Garak never gets old. But well, your plan workls too I guess!
                              I'm with ya Lady Pitry. I have though about putting together an all Garak quiz, but I think brother Fifth has already pretty much done that by spot-lighting him as many times as he has.
                              They probably won't but it would be nice to get closure regarding Ford. I believe we are to think he is dead but you never know.
                              In the world of scifi you truly never know. What the heck ever happened to Ford. I can't even remember the last episode we saw him in. Was it the one where he helps Ronan, Shep and Rodney escape a hybrid, then Shep mananges to get both Wraith cruisers to fire upon each other with Ford still aboard?. Did they ever mention or show him again after that?.

A belated RIP in peace to Ricardo "Kaaaaahn" Montalbon. You were da man Ricardo.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                                I'm with ya Lady Pitry. I have though about putting together an all Garak quiz, but I think brother Fifth has already pretty much done that by spot-lighting him as many times as he has.
                                In the world of scifi you truly never know. What the heck ever happened to Ford. I can't even remember the last episode we saw him in. Was it the one where he helps Ronan, Shep and Rodney escape a hybrid, then Shep mananges to get both Wraith cruisers to fire upon each other with Ford still aboard?. Did they ever mention or show him again after that?.

A belated RIP in peace to Ricardo "Kaaaaahn" Montalbon. You were da man Ricardo.
                                They never mentioned Ford after he helped the team to escape the hive - but Joe Mallozzi has stated on his blog that tptb feel that he died on the hive.

As to Ricardo Montalban-- I watched a biography on him over the break, what an intelligent, caring, talented, and multi-faceted man! He was an asset for star trek

Comment

Working...
                                X