Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
    Even during season V you could see the greatness that the Dominion war was going to bring.
    A few things I have noticed since I started re-watching season V is the special effects (especially the ship and battle scene's) got a lot better in season V compared to the earlier seasons. I also noticed the lighting and colors are more vivid in season V as well.

I always gave seasons 6 & 7 major props as being the best seasons, I still believe this to be true, but season V is much better than I remembered. It deserves to be right up there with seasons 6 & 7!.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase
      A few things I have noticed since I started re-watching season V is the special effects (especially the ship and battle scene's) got a lot better in season V compared to the earlier seasons. I also noticed the lighting and colors are more vivid in season V as well.
      I noticed the same thing, you can't really tell watching DS9 on the Spike Network but watching it on DVD you can really see the difference in the lighting and quality of the film used in the later seasons. And the special effects improved a lot as well.
      I always gave seasons 6 & 7 major props as being the best seasons, I still believe this to be true, but season V is much better than I remembered. It deserves to be right up there with seasons 6 & 7!.
      I am right with you there brother Base, season V is a lot better than I remembered. As a matter of fact I am going to do episode discussion on every episode instead of just picking my favorites like I did in season I - IV.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I noticed the same thing, you can't really tell watching DS9 on the Spike Network but watching it on DVD you can really see the difference in the lighting and quality of the film used in the later seasons. And the special effects improved a lot as well.
        Definately. I remember being in awe watching Sacrifice of Angels on my friend's laptop one uni lunchtime.
        I know in the case of Nemesis they added in more ships, post production, for the Battle of Sector 001 for the DVD release, but does anyone know if they did the same with certain DS9 battles cos i have the weirdest feeling i remember someone saying that. Whether it was that friend, on here or memory-alpha i can't remember though...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
          I know in the case of Nemesis they added in more ships, post production, for the Battle of Sector 001 for the DVD release, but does anyone know if they did the same with certain DS9 battles cos i have the weirdest feeling i remember someone saying that. Whether it was that friend, on here or memory-alpha i can't remember though...
          The DVD version of Nemesis was better than the original theatrical version!

I remember reading that they did do some re-editing on the TNG and DS9 DVD box sets, as far as to what extent I have no idea brother Anubis69?. Another thing they did on the DVD box sets (as brother Fifth pointed out to me) for TNG and DS9, is they re-arranged the order of the episodes (as compared to the order they were originally shown on Netwrok television) on a few of the seasons to set up the sequence of the storyline better.

Comment

The DVD version of Nemesis was better than the original theatrical version!
            Totally agree!, I fell asleep during the theatrical version

Another thing they did on the DVD box sets (as brother Fifth pointed out to me) for TNG and DS9, is they re-arranged the order of the episodes (as compared to the order they were originally shown on Network television) on a few of the seasons to set up the sequence of the storyline better.
            That is exactly right my good friend, they did re-arrange the order of some of the episodes (compared to there original order shown while DS9 was still in production) to make for better continuity in the storyline.

Stargate did the same-thing with there DVD box sets as well.
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Stargate did the same-thing with there DVD box sets as well.
              I noticed that on Stargate, Farscape and B5 as well.

Comment

The only reason I can think of why they did this is to bunch the continuing storyline episodes together and isolate the stand alones?. I first noticed this while watching TNG and I didn't think anything of it at first, then I noticed the same-thing on other scifi DVD box sets. Originally I just thought, ok, TPTB screwed up when putting the box sets together, then when I saw that it was being done on SG and a couple other box sets I realized that is was no mistake.
                Last edited by the Fifth Race; 14 May 2006, 06:21 AM.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Yeah, in the S8 SG boxset they put the Reckoning/Threads story on one disc. One problem being that Citizen Joe was put on after that when it should've been before and there was a small bit of plot that explain the Kerry Johnson thing...

Comment

Hey. Did you know (this will only be relevent for us in the UK) that Alexander Siddig is starring in a docu-drama on BBC1 at 8:30pm tonight? He's playing Hannibal, the legendary Carthaginian General who took on the Romans. I've got my video recoder set for it. This'll be the first time I've seen Alexander Siddig in anything since DS9.
                    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                      Hey. Did you know (this will only be relevent for us in the UK) that Alexander Siddig is starring in a docu-drama on BBC1 at 8:30pm tonight? He's playing Hannibal, the legendary Carthaginian General who took on the Romans. I've got my video recoder set for it. This'll be the first time I've seen Alexander Siddig in anything since DS9.
                      I heard he was also going to play a part in an Agatha Christie Poirot movie. I'm not sure what the movie was called.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                        Thats awesome brother MF, thanx for the heads up, I just read a bio about Hannibal, it look very interesting. Hopefully I can get it on DVD here in the states in the near future. Siddig is such a great actor!.

Siddig was in that George Clooney movie last year called Syriana that was nominated for a couple academy awards, he played Prine Nasir Al-Subaai. He was fantastic in that great movie!.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Siddig was in that George Clooney movie last year called Syriana that was nominated for a couple academy awards, he played Prine Nasir Al-Subaai. He was fantastic in that great movie!.
                          I thought that was Siddig in the preview for that movie. I kept forgetting to look that up.

Comment

Aye, i saw that and meant to set my tape recorder. And for Top Gear. And Braveheart. And Lost. Annoyingly enough i only remembered about Lost.

Comment

^Aye, I caught the battle of 'Stirling' (there was no bridge in sight ). Muchos limbs and heads were cleaved off. Lovely.

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                              I heard he was also going to play a part in an Agatha Christie Poirot movie. I'm not sure what the movie was called.
                              I had to do a search. He was in the TV version of Poirot on ITV1, starring David Suchet. The episode was called "cards on the Table." He played a character called Shaitana.
                              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                                Aye, i saw that and meant to set my tape recorder. And for Top Gear. And Braveheart. And Lost. Annoyingly enough i only remembered about Lost.
                                LOL, that stinks brother Anubis69. Do you guys have Tivo or some other kind of DVR service available to you in Scotland?. I got a Tivo box with 100 hours of recording space a few years ago and my TV viewing experience improved 100%!. I just preset all my favorite shows with a feature they have called Season Pass which automatically records my pre-selected shows every week without me having to set up anything. I haven't missed an episode of Lost, Stargate, SGA, BSG, Survivor, The Amazing Race, That 70's Show, Funniest Home Video's, Prison Break, Invasion...etc... in years Damn I watch to much television
                                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                                X