Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
    Is this the part where I look guilty adn offer cookies as my penance? Cos I have no cookies. I do have a freshly baked carrot cake, though!
    LOL, no penance necessary Lady Pitry. As long as everyone remains respectful I have no problems with letting this type of conversation die out on it's own, it always does. I;ll take a rain-check on the carrot cake and wait until you have some oatmeal raisin cookies.
    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    They go together because religion tends to define politics
    And vice-versa, very well said brother jelgate.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      Let me be the first to rave about SGA's 'The Prodigal'!
      I caught up to that episode last night, but I was to tired to watch it. Now I'm psyched. The Daniel 2-parter First Contact and The Lost Tribe was quite brilliant, a very entertaining episode. I also enjoyed the episode Tracker where Rodney and Ronan had to rescue the good Dr. who they both have the hots for, it kind of reminded me of one of the great episode Deadman's Switch with the indominable Aris Boch.
      Originally posted by Pitry View Post
      And I don't know, I really thought Connor Trineer's performance in the episode wasn't up to his usual standards. I mean, hate the Michael episodes with a passion but I didn't usually have a problem with the acting. This week, I did.
      I like the Trip character from ENT and Connor Tineer is a pretty good actor, but I have hard time taking a shine to the Michael character. It just seems out of place, IMO they should have used him for a seasonal storyline arc and then be done with it, it's not very interesting.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I loved how helpless and angry Michael was portrayed in this episode. You could really tell that he was at the end of his rope, or
        Spoiler:
        ledge
        As for Tracker... Bilge water. A 'kill them stupid Wraith' action episode that's Keller/Dex heavy AND introduces a juvenile 'love' triangle of which the female isn't aware... No thanks.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
          LOL, no penance necessary Lady Pitry. As long as everyone remains respectful I have no problems with letting this type of conversation die out on it's own, it always does. I;ll take a rain-check on the carrot cake and wait until you have some oatmeal raisin cookies.
          You'll have to wait a very long time then, I hate raisins and would never put them in willingly!

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
          I like the Trip character from ENT and Connor Tineer is a pretty good actor, but I have hard time taking a shine to the Michael character. It just seems out of place, IMO they should have used him for a seasonal storyline arc and then be done with it, it's not very interesting.
          I completely agree. The original Michael episode was quite a good one - definitely one of the better ones from season 2 (although admittedly I dind't like most of that season - but Michael is one of the episodes I did like) - and he was quite entertaining in No Man's Land,m but in all of his other appearances,. the whole story line didn't work for me. I do get the feeling that Todd is the "correct" version of what they tried to do with Michael.

As for Tracker... Bilge water. A 'kill them stupid Wraith' action episode that's Keller/Dex heavy AND introduces a juvenile 'love' triangle of which the female isn't aware... No thanks.
          I don't know, while I've seen better storylines, and don't think Tracker too good an episode, I do like it from one angle - they actually gave Ronon some attention. He's been sidelined most of his time in Atlantis, and this episode let him have something to do. Just for that, I liked it
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

It's just that I have no interest in a straight up thug. Sorry, but I'd rather have seen Mckay alone in the wilderness trying to find Keller than have Dex be a part of the equation. The character does nothing but grunt and kill, and I find that not only uninteresting but a decided minus for my viewing experience.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

It's just that I have no interest in a straight up thug. Sorry, but I'd rather have seen Mckay alone in the wilderness trying to find Keller than have Dex be a part of the equation. The character does nothing but grunt and kill, and I find that not only uninteresting but a decided minus for my viewing experience.
              "Stargate Atlantis: Castaway"

And yes. Cookies as penance! Lots and lots of cookies!

Comment

I enjoyed the sga ep. I loved how Teyla kicked Michael off the ledge. Speaking as a mom I would have done it too! I liked tracker too, but then I can't stand the whiner (aka mckay) and prefer Ronon all the way. who cares how bright he is... the man is drop dead gorgepous! And btw, he didn't say he was illiterate he said he doesn' t write... doesn't mean he can't... ie I don't change the oil in my car, doesn't mean I don't know how and haven't done it a few times though, just means I'm not going to any more!
                I enjoyed the Michael character more at the beginning. The past two or three times we have seen the character he is more cartoonish than scary.
                one last "religion" comment for gopher...
                Spoiler:
                I am a "mormon" and I really hate that usage of the word (think calling a gay a f ** for my level of disdain of it.). Call us LDS please. I also have only one child... don't generalize~ and only one spouse----before you make an ignorant polygamy comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  I am a "mormon" and I really hate that usage of the word (think calling a gay a f ** for my level of disdain of it.). Call us LDS please. I also have only one child... don't generalize~ and only one spouse----before you make an ignorant polygamy comment.
                  According to Wikipedia, the LDS Church says that the word "Mormon" may only be used to refer to its members, and not to other followers of the Book of Mormon. So this is the correct usage, as defined by the leaders of your religion. So it is not a derogatory term.

Comment

So... I wonder what religion Ronon Dex is?
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Like everyone in the Pegasus Galaxy I imagine he see the Ancients as gods
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Whatever one allows him to hit stuff.

I don't think he has one.

Comment

Seems more like Ancestor worship, literally. They know they were bigwigs in the galaxy but nothing specific. I'm sure they offer food on Days of the Dead, but not actual worship. Have we seen people praying to control chairs? That would be hilarious. I can't remember, but have we seen Teyla or others offering prayers to the Ancestors? I know in the MW the Sodan worshiped the Ancients as gods.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
                            According to Wikipedia, the LDS Church says that the word "Mormon" may only be used to refer to its members, and not to other followers of the Book of Mormon. So this is the correct usage, as defined by the leaders of your religion. So it is not a derogatory term.
                            wiki is NOT an authorized source. It is considered by ME to be derogatory so please respect MY wishes.

Comment

So... I wonder if the Pegasus natives feel we're disrespecting them and their beliefs by calling their Ancestors 'Ancients', just like the Federation kept calling the Prophets 'wormhole aliens'?
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

So... I wonder if the Pegasus natives feel we're disrespecting them and their beliefs by calling their Ancestors 'Ancients', just like the Federation kept calling the Prophets 'wormhole aliens'?
                                what are we supposed to call them? Alterans? Lanteans? Ascended beings?
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X