Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
    Does Vaughn Armstrong still hold the record for most characters played by one actor in Star Trek? I can't even begin to count how many he must have played.
    <<<<big Vaughn fan!

I got this from various sites (I will paraphrase some and quote Vaughn's words)......
    "I've been an actor for 34 years, since the time I was 16. I was a little hoodlum growing up in a small town, and my mother was looking for some kind of activity for me to stay out of trouble. She offered me money to find something positive to do. She gave me $10 to go an audition for a play at school. I got in!, and there were all these girls!, Money and woman were got me into it. The reasons change as time goes on, money and my children are why I still do it. But i've never really done anything else."

(Vaughn on why he favors the Klingons)......
    "The Klingons hold a special place in my heart because he was the first character I ever played in Star Trek. When I read the role, I thought, this is perfect for me. He's a warrior, and he wants to live his life the way he wants whether or not it hurts anyone. It was sheer passions!. 'Heart of Glory'
    is what it was called, and the character is just that. You can't not enjoy a character like that. He sparked the rest of them."

Vaughn's Enterprise character, Admiral Maxwell Forrest, was named after the late DeForrest Kelley who played Bones on TOS.

Vaughn also never passes up a chance to attend any and all Star Trek conventions. "I truly enjoy meeting all the fans and I always have a blast!"

I met Vaughn at a TNG convention in San Francisco years ago, you remember him at that convention brother Fifth?, he was hanging out with the other actors that played Klingon's.

Comment

*waves at everyone*

Thought I'd start posting in here, cause I also luv DS9 *and the Fifth Race told me to* hehe!! But no, I really do love DS9, its an awsome show!! Great character's great show!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by k8tbug1
        *waves at everyone*

Thought I'd start posting in here, cause I also luv DS9 *and the Fifth Race told me to* he he!! But no, I really do love DS9, its an awesome show!! Great character's great show!!!!!
        Yah, k8tbug in da house *waves back*, welcome to the DS9 thread!. I was hoping you would start visiting and posting here. I am glad to here you like DS9, trust me we don't stick to the topic all the time, we have fun and chat about everything and anything Trek wise that anyone wants to talk about. I can tell by reading through you posts on various threads you know your Star Trek.

By the way, Happy Birthday young lady.
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
          Yah, k8tbug in da house *waves back*, welcome to the DS9 thread!. I was hoping you would start visiting and posting here. I am glad to here you like DS9, trust me we don't stick to the topic all the time, we have fun and chat about everything and anything Trek wise that anyone wants to talk about. I can tell by reading through you posts on various threads you know your Star Trek.

By the way, Happy Birthday young lady.
          Thanks

Yep I love anything and everything Trek!!! As a matter of fact I'm watching a rerun of TNG episode as I type *hehe* I do have some DS9 on dvd too!! They're just so darn expensive!!!! *k8t shakes fist at whoever is responsible for making us fans pay so much $ for loving Trek so much* rant over
          Anyways thanks for the warm welcome!!!

Comment

*waves at everyone*

Thought I'd start posting in here, cause I also luv DS9 *and the Fifth Race told me to* hehe!! But no, I really do love DS9, its an awsome show!! Great character's great show!!!!!

Welcome to the DS9 thread k8tbug and happy birthday. Like brother Fifth said we are loose on the subject matter here, we talk about all Star Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase
              Welcome to the DS9 thread k8tbug and happy birthday. Like brother Fifth said we are loose on the subject matter here, we talk about all Star Trek.
              Sounds good to me !!!!

Comment

<<<<big Vaughn fan!

I got this from various sites (I will paraphrase some and quote Vaughn's words)......
                "I've been an actor for 34 years, since the time I was 16. I was a little hoodlum growing up in a small town, and my mother was looking for some kind of activity for me to stay out of trouble. She offered me money to find something positive to do. She gave me $10 to go an audition for a play at school. I got in!, and there were all these girls!, Money and woman were got me into it. The reasons change as time goes on, money and my children are why I still do it. But i've never really done anything else."

"The Klingons hold a special place in my heart because he was the first character I ever played in Star Trek. When I read the role, I thought, this is perfect for me. He's a warrior, and he wants to live his life the way he wants whether or not it hurts anyone. It was sheer passions!. 'Heart of Glory'
                is what it was called, and the character is just that. You can't not enjoy a character like that. He sparked the rest of them."

Vaughn's Enterprise character, Admiral Maxwell Forrest, was named after the late DeForrest Kelley who played Bones on TOS.

Vaughn also never passes up a chance to attend any and all Star Trek conventions. "I truly enjoy meeting all the fans and I always have a blast!"

I met Vaughn at a TNG convention in San Francisco years ago, you remember him at that convention brother Fifth?, he was hanging out with the other actors that played Klingon's.
                Don't forget the Enterprise Blues Band!

Has anyone ever been on a Cruise Trek? I saw he does those to. *sigh* Looks so fun.

Comment

<<<<big Vaughn fan!

Great post brother Base!, I had no idea thats why (to honor DeForrest Kelley)they came up with his name on Enterprise.

I do remember meeting him at that convention, that was the one we both dragged your wife and I dragged my girlfriend too. They were so embarrassed at first but when they met Patrick Stewart they changed there tune. He was so damn charming he had all the ladies swooning over him.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Don't forget the Enterprise Blues Band!

Has anyone ever been on a Cruise Trek? I saw he does those to. *sigh* Looks so fun.
                    I have heard about them but I have never gone on that particular type of cruise, sounds great though!.

I did go to the opening of Quark's bar at the Las Vegas Hilton years ago, if I remember right Vaughn Armstrong was there that opening weekend along with Nana Visitor (Kira), Colm Meany (O'Brien) and the lovely Jadzia Dax, wow what a beautiful woman she is!
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Great post brother Base!, I had no idea thats why (to honor DeForrest Kelley)they came up with his name on Enterprise.
                      Thank you my friend. That is kind of cool how they did that to honor Bones.

I do remember meeting him at that convention, that was the one were you dragged your wife and I dragged my girlfriend too. They were so embarrassed at first but when they met Patrick Stewart they changed there tune. He was so damn charming he had all the ladies swooning over him.
                      Yup, my beautiful wife loves everything Star Trek now (especially Voyager) I guess it's a woman thing with VOY just kidding all you loyal Voyager fans.
                      We had to promise to take them out for an expensive dinner afterward for going. That probably was the best scifi convention I have ever been to. Lenard Nimoy gave a nice speech and answered a few questions while Picard stole the show, you souldn't get anywhere near his table for most of the show.

Comment

A Star Trek cruise?, I want to go on one!, I thought I have heard it all but I never heard about a ST cruise. I assume they get some cast memebers from various ST series and movies and maybe show ST movies in the ship's theaters?.

Where did you hear about these Trek Girl?.

Comment

I agree!! I wanna go on a Star Trek Cruise!! Sign me up!!! *k8t jumps up and down w/ excitment*

Comment

A Star Trek cruise?, I want to go on one!, I thought I have heard it all but I never heard about a ST cruise. I assume they get some cast memebers from various ST series and movies and maybe show ST movies in the ship's theaters?.

Where did you hear about these Trek Girl?.
                            Last summer SPACE had a feature on one- Vaughn Armstrong, Robert Picardo, Ethan Philips, an actress from DS9, her name completly escapes me at the moment- whoever Leeta is, I think that was her, another recognizable guest star from most series who is also in the Ent band (him and Vaughn Armstrong played for everyone), and I'm pretty sure there were a few others as well.
                            It was where the actors hung around with the fans, at pajama parties, trivia competitions, the actors performed kariokee, I think Ethen Philips did some comedy, triva competitions, lots of mingleing, a river raft adventure and a whole bunch of other things. It looked like a crazy good time.

Comment

I agree!! I wanna go on a Star Trek Cruise!! Sign me up!!! *k8t jumps up and down w/ excitement*
                              Let's go k8tbug my treat

I went on a Royal Caribbean cruise about 4 years ago on a beautiful ship called Voyager of the seas the first thing I though of when I got on board is Janeway the captain?.

Radisson Seven Sea's cruise lines flagship is called Voyager
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Yeah, I love DS9, my favorite Trek by far. DS9 also shows the huge influence B5 had on the whole Sci-Fi genre.

Comment

Working...
                                X