Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Setesh
    Another funny fact is that Ethan Phillips/Neelix played a Ferengi in TNG! I think it was in the episode Menage a Troi when Deana and her mother are kidnapped by a ferengi.
    Great call Setesh!, now that you mentioned it I do remember Ethan Phillips as a Ferengi, I just wasn't sure whether it was on DS9 or TNG.

"Menage Au Troi" makes me smile just reading it

Originally posted by Setesh
    I actually take offense to that. To name the ferengi after a word the evidently means "European trader". I think that is offensive to everyone that is of European descent.
    Imagine if they had named some stupid cave-dwelling race "kaffer". I don't imagine that would have been popular among black people. But obviously it is, as usual, no problem poking fun at Europeans.
    I agree Setesh!, reverse racism. I wouldn't say I'm offended but I can see how a lot of people might be. I was born and raised in San Francisco and I am patriotic American but my Dad is 100% Sicilian and my Mother is 100% Hungarian. My last name is Guardino and I look very much Italian (tall dark and handsome ) and is there another ethnic group stereo typed as much?, we are either mafioso or dumb according to the media, TV or the movies, I think not!. I think it's that us Italians are so thick skinned and able to laugh at ourselves, that's why you don't see us crying foul.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
      is there another ethnic group stereo typed as much?
      (Not an ethnic race but) Scots. Two words: The Simpsons.

Course, it is true. All of it. We dress in kilts all the time, play the bagpipes, all have long flowing ginger hair and beards, are burly fishermen and spend out spare time chasing Haggis through the hills...

Mmm.... Off topic. For this random statement, i apologise to Brother Fifth.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
        (Not an ethnic race but) Scots. Two words: The Simpsons.

Course, it is true. All of it. We dress in kilts all the time, play the bagpipes, all have long flowing ginger hair and beards, are burly fishermen and spend out spare time chasing Haggis through the hills...

Mmm.... Off topic. For this random statement, i apologise to Brother Fifth.

LOL, I stand corrected, the Scot's and Irish for that matter get a bum rap when it comes to stereo typing as well. I know a lot of Irish families and couple Scottish ones and like us Paisano's they are all able to laugh at themselves and have a great sense of humor about being stereo typed and like us Sicilians we are all very proud of our heritage!.
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Great call Setesh!, now that you mentioned it I do remember Ethan Phillips as a Ferengi, I just wasn't sure whether it was on DS9 or TNG.
          Ethan Phillips also played a Ferengi in Enterprise's "Acquisition".

Comment

LOL, I stand corrected, the Scot's and Irish for that matter get a bum rap when it comes to stereo typing as well. I know a lot of Irish families and couple Scottish ones and like us Paisano's they are all able to laugh at themselves and have a great sense of humor about being stereo typed and like us Sicilians we are all very proud of our heritage!.
            Damn right! I couldn't agree more. *lobs green at Fifth Race* Anyway, i'll shut up now and let folk get back on topic...

^He was also the waiter in first contact in the holosuite. I loved the Doctor's part in FC as well. "I'm a doctor, not a doorstop!!"

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
              Damn right! I couldn't agree more. *lobs green at Fifth Race* Anyway, i'll shut up now and let folk get back on topic...

^He was also the waiter in first contact in the holosuite. I loved the Doctor's part in FC as well. "I'm a doctor, not a doorstop!!"
              LOL....thanx amigo

Now that you mentioned it I do remember Ethan in 'First Contact'. God knows I have watched and re-watched 'First Contact' probably a dozen times, truly a great and smartly written movie!.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                Ethan Phillips also played a Ferengi in Enterprise's "Acquisition".
                Awww yes the famous Ferengi in the Enterprise universe episode. As far as season I goes for Enterprise that was pretty entertaining. If I remember right Jeffrey Combs took a brief timeout from playing Shran to play the other greedy Ferengi along side Ethan Phillips in that episode.

Great call Trek Girl!, I love how Star Trek recycles there actors from one serious to another or even using the same actor in dual roles on the same show. There are even a handful of actors (not including the crew of Enterprise) that played a characters on TOS that appeared in TNG and DS9. Us Trekkie's are such a loyal group to our own!
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Awww yes the famous Ferengi in the Enterprise universe episode. As far as season I goes for Enterprise that was pretty entertaining. If I remember right Jeffrey Combs took a brief timeout from playing Shran to play the other greedy Ferengi along side Ethan Phillips in that episode.

Great call Trek Girl!, I love how Star Trek recycles there actors from one serious to another or even using the same actor in dual roles on the same show. There are even a handful of actors (not including the crew of Enterprise) that played a characters on TOS that appeared in TNG and DS9. Us Trekkie's are such a loyal group to our own!
                  (including Enterprise-ers)
                  Diana Muldar
                  Majel Barret Roddenberry
                  Deforest Kelly
                  Charlie Brill
                  James Doohan
                  Mark Lenard
                  Leonard Nimoy
                  Grace Lee Whitney

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Comment

(including Enterprise-ers)
                    Diana Muldar
                    Majel Barret Roddenberry
                    Deforest Kelly
                    Charlie Brill
                    James Doohan
                    Mark Lenard
                    Leonard Nimoy
                    Grace Lee Whitney
                    That's all I can think of at the moment.
                    Let me expound upon your list Trek Girl This list is only of actors that appeared on TOS and other Star Trek series or movies. As far as other crossover actors that appeared on numerous Trek endevours that weren't on TOS that list is huge.

Michael Ansara.... TOS, DS9 and VOY
                    Michael Berryman.... TOS and TNG
                    Charlie Brill.... TOS and DS9
                    William Campbell.... TOS and DS9
                    John Colicos.... TOS and DS9
                    Charles Cooper.... TOS and TNG
                    Robin Curtis.... TOS and TNG
                    Judi Durand.... TOS and DS9
                    Gene Dinarski.... TOS and TNG
                    Robert Ellenstein.... TOS and TNG
                    Clint Howard.... TOS and TNG
                    Mark Lenard.... TOS and TNG
                    Judy Levitt.... TOS and TNG
                    George Murdok.... TOS and TNG
                    Michael Pitaki.... TOS and TNG
                    Joseph Ruskin.... TOS and DS9
                    William Schallert....TOS and DS9
                    Judson Scott.... TOS and TNG
                    Michael Snyder.... TOS and TNG
                    Paul Winfield.... TOS and TNG

I got this and few other lists at the last Star Trek convention I went to about 5 years ago in San Francisco.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Let me expound upon your list Trek Girl This list is only of actors that appeared on TOS and other Star Trek series or movies. As far as other crossover actors that appeared on numerous Trek endevours that weren't on TOS that list is huge.

Michael Ansara.... TOS, DS9 and VOY
                      Michael Berryman.... TOS and TNG
                      Charlie Brill.... TOS and DS9
                      William Campbell.... TOS and DS9
                      John Colicos.... TOS and DS9
                      Charles Cooper.... TOS and TNG
                      Robin Curtis.... TOS and TNG
                      Judi Durand.... TOS and DS9
                      Gene Dinarski.... TOS and TNG
                      Robert Ellenstein.... TOS and TNG
                      Clint Howard.... TOS and TNG
                      Mark Lenard.... TOS and TNG
                      Judy Levitt.... TOS and TNG
                      George Murdok.... TOS and TNG
                      Michael Pitaki.... TOS and TNG
                      Joseph Ruskin.... TOS and DS9
                      William Schallert....TOS and DS9
                      Judson Scott.... TOS and TNG
                      Michael Snyder.... TOS and TNG
                      Paul Winfield.... TOS and TNG

I got this and few other lists at the last Star Trek convention I went to about 5 years ago in San Francisco.
                      It's a long list.

Comment

It is a long list and with the list being about 7 years old I wonder if there are any or how many actors appeared on ENT from TOS. Does anyone know of any?.

Like I said before the list of actors that appeared on more than one series (from TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT) is even bigger. Which I will post up when I have the time.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

It is a long list and with the list being about 7 years old I wonder if there are any or how many actors appeared on ENT from TOS. Does anyone know of any?.

Like I said before the list of actors that appeared on more than one series (from TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT) is even bigger. Which I will post up when I have the time.
                          Majel Barret is the only one I can think of from TOS who was on Enterprise and it was only her voice.

Does Vaughn Armstrong still hold the record for most characters played by one actor in Star Trek? I can't even begin to count how many he must have played.

Comment

Majel Barret is the only one I can think of from TOS who was on Enterprise and it was only her voice.
                            I have been searching and thats the only one I can come up with right now as well

Does Vaughn Armstrong still hold the record for most characters played by one actor in Star Trek? I can't even begin to count how many he must have played.
                            According to ST.com Vaughn is the current record holder for different characters played on various ST series. If I remember right he played a few different characters on DS9 including a Bajoran.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I have been searching and thats the only one I can come up with right now as well

According to ST.com Vaughn is the current record holder for different characters played on various ST series. If I remember right he played a few different characters on DS9 including a Bajoran.
                              On Enterprise he was Admiral Forrest of course, at least one Klingon, and another guy from a species where Archer had to aplogize for Porthos peeing on a tree. In Voyager he was Romulan- I can't remember if he played a Hirogen? TNG he played Klingons, at least one Cardassian, maybe a Romulan as well?
                              And that's only what I can think of off the top of my head.

Comment

On Enterprise he was Admiral Forrest of course, at least one Klingon, and another guy from a species where Archer had to aplogize for Porthos peeing on a tree. In Voyager he was Romulan- I can't remember if he played a Hirogen? TNG he played Klingons, at least one Cardassian, maybe a Romulan as well?
                                And that's only what I can think of off the top of my head.

He did play a Hirogen, he was the alpha Hirogen when they took over Voyager and turned the ship into one big holosuite. On DS9 he played a Bajoran in a few episodes and played a Cardassian at least once. You could say the guy is Mr. Star Trek A very cool title indeed!
                                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                                X