Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starbase
    Quark and Bashir did have a kind of strange relationship, you wouldn't call them buddies, but they did have Jadzia then Ezri in common. Quark was in rare form and extra hilarious when Ezri showed up. He acted as though he had a shot again at something romantic, Bashir sure didn't act jealous about Quark like he did with Worf.
    Quark really did think he had a shot with Ezri didn't he?. Bashir was also smitten from the beginning, I actually thought it was kind of sad that they even tried, but Ezri did start showing interest in Bashir. Do you remember in an episode when Ezri talked about how Jadzia almost picked Bashir over Worf and that she had to debate it amongst herself before deciding on Worf?. I liked Ezri, not initially, but she grew on me fast. The whole Trill species was quite fascinating!

I remember her and most everyone else in those extra's talking about what a great and classy actor Armin Shimerman is!.
    I have read that about Armin Shimerman from a few shows he was in (especially DS9 and Buffy).
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I met Armin at a convention once, he was very pleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
        I met Armin at a convention once, he was very pleasant.
        Sweet, is his head as big in person as it looks on the screen, and I do not mean his Ferengi head. I have seen him on Buffy and few other shows and that guy has one of the biggest cranium's I have ever seen.

I have been a few Trek conventions over the years. I went to one for DS9 in Vegas when they opened up Quarks bar at the Hilton, very cool stuff!. They used to have a yearly Star Trek convention in San Francisco every year (which I have been to a few times) but they only do it every other year now.
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
          Sweet, is his head as big in person as it looks on the screen, and I do not mean his Ferengi head. I have seen him on Buffy and few other shows and that guy has one of the biggest cranium's I have ever seen.
          LOL, Armin does have a huge head.

I have been a few Trek conventions over the years. I went to one for DS9 in Vegas when they opened up Quarks bar at the Hilton, very cool stuff!. They used to have a yearly Star Trek convention in San Francisco every year (which I have been to a few times) but they only do it every other year now.
          I have been to a few of those conventions with you brother, that San Francisco convention they have every year is awesome!. They always line up a great list of guests. The last one I went to Jonathon Frakes, Whoopi Goldberg and LeVar Burton represented TNG and if I remember right Nana Visitor, Avery Brook's and Terry Ferrell represented DS9. Out of all the speakers I would say Frakes and Brooks were the best. Did you go with my wife and me to the Trek convention awhile back where Patrick Stewart spoke?.

Comment

An episode I left off my favorites list for season IV that I just watched last night and loved was....

'Body Parts'.....Quark returns from Ferenginar (don't you just love that name! ) with news he has a terminal Ferengi disease called Dorek syndrome which is terminal. In true Ferengi fashion he starts accepting bids for his body-parts which are typically sold when a Ferengi of any importance dies. Quark is at first depressed that no one is bidding on him until an unknown bidder offers 500 bars of Latinum for the whole lot. Quarks arch nemesis Brunt shows up on DS9 as the bidder and is anxious to collect on what he bought, but when its found out that Quarks is not going to die Brunt (in true Ferengi fashion) still wants what he payed for (Quarks body in parts ). Quark laments about backing out of the deal to save face but still doesn't want to die to honor the sale. But Quark decides (in very un-Ferengi style) to honor the the bid and tries hire Garek to kill him which Garek happily agrees (LOL). Watching Quark wait for death not knowing exactly how and when it will come is riotous! (I laughed so hard watching this episode last night). Garek was brilliant and Quark was amazing!. Well Quark realizes he wants to live but knows he has to return the 500 bars of Latinum with interest and face a total seizure of assets for backing out of a contract, to which Brunt happily does. Quark is left penniless to which in a very nice and warm moment on DS9 everyone including Sisko and Odo pitch in to help Quark re-open his bar with donated goods. Again this was one funny and IMHO a great episode!.
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Body Parts.....was a great and funny episode, I knd of wondered why you didn't include it in your original list.

The scenes of Quark and Garek in the holosuite trying to figure a quick and painless way for Garek to kill Quark are priceless!, and the scenes of Quark in his bed waiting for Garek to come and kill him are even funnier. One thing that struck me in that episode was the affection Rom shows for Quark when Quark is deciding to honor the contract and actually let himself be killed. Brunt was fantastic and evil as he was in all the episodes he appeared.

One thing you failed to mention brother Fifth was the side story they had in that episode. Where an accident happens with Keiko and Kira is forced to take the fetus from Keiko so the baby can survive. That actually turned out to be a pretty interesting angle the storyline took towards the end of season IV.

Comment

Body Parts.....was a great and funny episode, I kind of wondered why you didn't include it in your original list.
                I had not watched season IV in awhile but I refreshed over the last week. I have another episode I am going to add to the list shortly.
                The scenes of Quark and Garek in the holosuite trying to figure a quick and painless way for Garek to kill Quark are priceless!, and the scenes of Quark in his bed waiting for Garek to come and kill him are even funnier. One thing that struck me in that episode was the affection Rom shows for Quark when Quark is deciding to honor the contract and actually let himself be killed. Brunt was fantastic and evil as he was in all the episodes he appeared.
                LOL...Quark so intent on not suffering any pain what so ever. Garek was trying to determine what Quarks pain threshold was had me ROFLMA. Brunt (Jeffrey Combs) as well as his portrayal of Weyoun was fantastic!
                One thing you failed to mention brother Fifth was the side story they had in that episode. Where an accident happens with Keiko and Kira is forced to take the fetus from Keiko so the baby can survive. That actually turned out to be a pretty interesting angle the storyline took towards the end of season IV.
                I actually almost typed that part of the episode into the earlier thread by I was tired of typing .... I was going to get that angle of the storyline in later episode discussions on season V.

I remember seeing something about how Nana Visitor agreed to have that written into the storyline so she could remain working during her real life pregnancy. I actually liked how they wrote it, it was a very interesting twist.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

LOL...Quark so intent on not suffering any pain what so ever. Garek was trying to determine what Quarks pain threshold was had me ROFLMA. Brunt (Jeffrey Combs) as well as his portrayal of Weyoun was fantastic!
                  I totally agree Combs was one of many great and talented scifi actors to get there start on DS9, Shimerman being one of the others to hit pretty big from DS9.

Comment

Did you ever see Shimerman on Buffy as the principal of the High School?. He played the part in seasons 2 & 3. He was so damn annoying and perfect for the character. I am trying to think of anything else other than playing Shran on Enterprise that Combs did.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Did you ever see Shimerman on Buffy as the principal of the High School?. He played the part in seasons 2 & 3. He was so damn annoying and perfect for the character. I am trying to think of anything else other than playing Shran on Enterprise that Combs did.
                      I didn't start watching Buffy till the fourth season so I missed him initally but I did buy the early seasons on DVD and saw Aemin and his huge head If I remember right they brutally killed him off at the end of season III.

I remember Combs in a Babylon 5 episode and he also was in the Voyager episode 'Tsunkatse' as Penk. I also remember Combs in last seasons 4400, I know you do not watch it but he has a part in that series. He has been the prototypical scifi/horror genre actor his whole career.

Comment

I didn't start watching Buffy till the fourth season so I missed him initially but I did buy the early seasons on DVD and saw Atmin and his huge head If I remember right they brutally killed him off at the end of season III.
                        Shimerman as the principal of Buffy's H.S., played an annoying typical grade school principal from the 70's. Quick to discipline and yell.

remember Combs in a Babylon 5 episode and he also was in the Voyager episode 'Tsunkatse' as Penk. I also remember Combs in last seasons 4400, I know you do not watch it but he has a part in that series. He has been the prototypical scifi/horror genre actor his whole career.
                        I do remember his brief appearance on Voyager and Babylon 5. I have to start watching the 4400 again. I bought the first season DVD set which only had 6 episodes on it. I will buy it when it comes out on DVD then watch, just like I am doing for LOST.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Shimerman as the principal of Buffy's H.S., played an annoying typical grade school principal from the 70's. Quick to discipline and yell.
                          I do seem to remember seeing him on re-runs I have watched now that I think about it. His character as a principal was confrontational and he kind of liked to discipline kids especially Buffy

I do remember his brief appearance on Voyager and Babylon 5. I have to start watching the 4400 again. I bought the first season DVD set which only had 6 episodes on it. I will buy it when it comes out on DVD then watch, just like I am doing for LOST.
                          4400 has been good since the USA network brought it back, I know it has a DS9 connection with Braga being involved. I am not sure if any other episodes are available on DVD since that first mini-season I box set came out.

Comment

I do seem to remember seeing him on re-runs I have watched now that I think about it. His character as a principal was confrontational and he kind of liked to discipline kids especially Buffy
                            He was a down right jerk as Principal Snyder on Buffy, I was just reading through Shimerman's Bio and he has been very busy, a lot of these remind me of bit parts I have seen him in in the past...

Starting from the earliest to now (not all his work but what I remember).....
                            'Hill Street Blues'
                            'Cagney and Lacey'
                            'Remington Steele'
                            'Alice'
                            'The Facts of Life'
                            'The Hitcher'....one of the creepiest horror flicks you will ever see!.
                            'Crime Story'
                            'Who's the Boss'
                            'Alien Nation'....great TV scifi series from the early 90's.
                            'Cop Rock'....LOL, a musical weekly TV cop show, it was awful.
                            'Married with Children'....played Mr. Lovejoy
                            'Deep Space 9'....A star is born!
                            'The Next Generation'....Appeared in a handful of Ferengi episodes (not as Quark)
                            'Voyager'.....Playing Quark in a holosuite episode.
                            'L.A. Law'....Great TV series.
                            'Seinfeld'....Played Kramer's caddy, funny stuff!.
                            'The Tonight Show with Leno'
                            'Stargate'....Played a Nox in 2 episodes
                            'Ally McBeal'
                            'The Practice'....Played a judge, I loved this show!.
                            'Sliders'
                            'Star Trek Insurrection'....His scenes were deleted and never used in the film
                            'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'....Mean Principal Snyder.
                            'Judging Amy'....My ex-wife made me watch this show
                            'Charmed'
                            'Boston Public'....Another great David E. Kelley TV series!.
                            'The West Wing'.....zzzzzzzz
                            'Tremors'
                            'Crossing Jordan'
                            'ER'
                            'Nip and Tuck'

Those are about half the shows he has credits in, he also did a lot of animated voice characters and other bit parts in TV show and movies I am not familiar with. He is currently working a new TV scifi series call 'Dead and Deader' which is still in production and has no release date as of yet.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I was just reading through Shimerman's Bio and he has been very busy, a lot of these remind me of bit parts I have seen him in in the past...

'Alien Nation'....great TV scifi series from the early 90's.
                              I loved that show!, the feature film was kind of a flop but the TV series was a very interesting and entertaining smart scifi show!. They just released all the TV episodes in a DVD box set a couple months ago.

'Deep Space 9'....A star is born!
                              'The Next Generation'....Appeared in a handful of Ferengi episodes (not as Quark)
                              'Voyager'.....Playing Quark in a holosuite episode.
                              I remember his appearnces on TNG and obviously DS9 but I do not remember his one and only appearance on Voyager?.
                              'Stargate'....Played a Nox in 2 episodes
                              Brilliant portrayal!.
                              'Star Trek Insurrection'....His scenes were deleted and never used in the film
                              Interesting I seem to remember reading something about that. I would bet it had something to do with a holosuite scene?.

Comment

Alien Nation....I loved that show!, the feature film was kind of a flop but the TV series was a very interesting and entertaining smart scifi show!. They just released all the TV episodes in a DVD box set a couple months ago.
                                Alien Nation was a terrific and "smart" scifi show. It delved into political, racial and religious issues with blind abandon. I haven't bought the DVD box set yet but thanx for the reminder it will make a nice piece to my collection, plus it will be fun watch it again.
                                I remember his appearances on TNG and obviously DS9 but I do not remember his one and only appearance on Voyager?.
                                I kind of scratched my head about the Voyager appearance as well?. I do remember Shimerman as those weird and tweaky Ferengi they portrayed on TNG, definitely different than the Ferengi on DS9.
                                Brilliant portrayal!.
                                Agreed!, Shimerman as the Nox Anteaus was brilliant, although I did not expect less from Shimerman!.
                                Interesting I seem to remember reading something about that. I would bet it had something to do with a holosuite scene?.
                                This was news to me as well, I do not ever remember reading anything about Shimerman being in the movie 'Insurrection' until the other day. I would love to see the deleted scenes that never made it into the movie.
                                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                                X