Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anubis69
    You know there's few original ideas around these days. It's how shows deal with these same issues (and in new ways) that makes shows great, and IMHO that's what DS9 is. Out of curiosity, how much did you see?
    I saw every episode of DS9.
    Captain James T. Kirk
    USS ENTERPRISE NCC 1701-A

Comment

i have missed 7 episodes
      sigpic
      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

I saw them all. What a series!

Comment

im almost there
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
            What I found most interesting in this episode (besides Colm Meany being outstanding as usual) was the technology that the 'Argrathi' had where they could make there prisoners feel what there victims went through as many times as they wished and how they also could make a month feel like years. Pretty spooky stuff.

I completely forgot about that episode! Another great one. I liked at the end everything wasn't ok with O'Brien. With so many Star Trek episodes the conflict is usually solved or the disaster is diverted but in this one, O'Brien still has to deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
              I completely forgot about that episode! Another great one. I liked at the end everything wasn't ok with O'Brien. With so many Star Trek episodes the conflict is usually solved or the disaster is diverted but in this one, O'Brien still has to deal with it.

Good point my friend!, everything wasn't always ok on DS9. To be fair all the other series had there episodes full of loss and unhappy endings but DS9 took that to another level for ST. The series started out with a captain (Sisko) that hated Starfleet and didn't want to be on DS9 with characters like Kira that was bitter because of Starfleet's presence, not to mention her trying to find normalcy after a long occupation.

The Darkness of DS9 (especially after season IV) is one of things that made it as great as it is!. The writing was dead-on with how people would be and act if they were in a war situation. Unlike other ST series where a war or a battle lasted a few episodes (with the exception of the Xindi conflict on Ent.). The Dominion war story arc lasted basically 3+ seasons. We got to see the characters along with the storyline develop in depth, which IMHO made the series special and unique.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I re-watched the 'Rules of Engagement' last night. You are right guys, it was a much better episode than I remembered!. A few things that struck me was Quarks finking on Worf by telling Sisko that Worf said "I hope the Klingons do attack". It reminded me of the tensions between Worf and Quark throughout the series. Worf hates Ferengi and Ferengi's basically hate everyone other than there own kind, that was an interesting dynamic.

The other players in the 'Rules of Engagement' were Odo being the investigator, I kind of got the feeling that Odo was on Worfs side. O'Brien, Kira and Dax who all knew that this was a frame job.

Another thing that struck me while wathing this episode was that the Klingons (sans. Worf) were protrayed as evil, cunning, dishonorable and few other adjectives throughout the first 4 seasons. Then about the time Martok was introduced everything changed and the Klingons became cool and a invaluable ally to the Federation.

Comment

Oh man, I just tried to watch DS9's forsaken (now on spike). Managed 20 minutes before complete boredom forced me to channel surfing. I finally found "Ghosts of Mars" (haven't seen it in awhile, but what a great flick).

Just don't get the DS9 lovefest. Man I miss TNG.

Comment

^ ROFL I agree with you there. But then, when was there ever a good Lwaxana Troi episode, even in TNG?
                    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                      ^ ROFL I agree with you there. But then, when was there ever a good Lwaxana Troi episode, even in TNG?
                      yes there was!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase

Another thing that struck me while wathing this episode was that the Klingons (sans. Worf) were protrayed as evil, cunning, dishonorable and few other adjectives throughout the first 4 seasons. Then about the time Martok was introduced everything changed and the Klingons became cool and a invaluable ally to the Federation.
                        Your right, I never thought about that before. Another reason to love Martok!

Comment

yeah have to love him
                          sigpic

Comment

I re-watched the 'Rules of Engagement' last night. You are right guys, it was a much better episode than I remembered!. A few things that struck me was Quarks finking on Worf by telling Sisko that Worf said "I hope the Klingon's do attack". It reminded me of the tensions between Worf and Quark throughout the series. Worf hates Ferengi and Ferengi's basically hate everyone other than there own kind, that was an interesting dynamic.
                            Quark and Worf did have an extra hatred between them. I know a lot of that came from the fact that Dax loved Worf and we all know how Quark and Bashir felt about Jadzia. The scenes with Bashir and Quark lamenting over the fact that Jadzia was going to marry Worf were funny stuff!, especially with O'Brien kind of laughing at both of them.

Another thing that struck me while watching this episode was that the Klingon's (sans. Worf) were portrayed as evil, cunning, dishonorable and few other adjectives throughout the first 4 seasons. Then about the time Martok was introduced everything changed and the Klingon's became cool and a invaluable ally to the Federation.
                            Agreed, the introduction of Martok gave the show and the Klingon's a whole new positive feel. You know how much I loved the Martok character my friend!.

Worf, Martok and Sisko all played so well off each other you truly got the feeling that they were friends.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Quark and Worf did have an extra hatred between them. I know a lot of that came from the fact that Dax loved Worf and we all know how Quark and Bashir felt about Jadzia. The scenes with Bashir and Quark lamenting over the fact that Jadzia was going to marry Worf were funny stuff!, especially with O'Brien kind of laughing at both of them.
                              Watching Quark and Bashir oogle over Jadzia then seeing how they looked and acted as soon as they saw Jadzia and Worf together (especially being romantic) was hilarious. Especially with Quark wishing and hoping that there marriage wasn't going to last and he actually had a chance. Jadzia was rather flirtatious with both Quark and Bashir although it didn't seem to credible with poor Quark.

I remember watching a behind the scene's special on one of the earlier seasons DVD box set where they were interviewing Nana Visitor (Kira) about Quarks character and a big broad smile immediatly popped up on her face. She said when the series first started every time Armin Shimerman (Quark) came on stage to shoot a scene most of the fellow cast members would burst out in uncontrollable laughing. She said that you try and do a serious scene with a guy wearing a big butt on his head...LOL...she could hardly control her laughter just talking about it.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Watching Quark and Bashir oogle over Jadzia then seeing how they looked and acted as soon as they saw Jadzia and Worf together (especially being romantic) was hilarious. Especially with Quark wishing and hoping that there marriage wasn't going to last and he actually had a chance. Jadzia was rather flirtatious with both Quark and Bashir although it didn't seem to credible with poor Quark.
                                Qurak and Bashir did have a kind of strange relationship, you wouldn't call them buddies, but they did have Jadzia then Ezri in common. Quark was in rare form and extra hilarious when Ezri showed up. He acted as though he had a shot again at something romantic, Bashir sure didn't act jealous about Quark like he did with Worf.

I remember watching a behind the scene's special on one of the earlier seasons DVD box set where they were interviewing Nana Visitor (Kira) about Quarks character and a big broad smile immediatly popped up on her face. She said when the series first started every time Armin Shimerman (Quark) came on stage to shoot a scene most of the fellow cast members would burst out in uncontrollable laughing. She said that you try and do a serious scene with a guy wearing a big butt on his head...LOL...she could hardly control her laughter just talking about it.
                                LOLOL....I do remember that paticular interview, Nana Visitor was great in those behind the scene shots and extra's. I remember when she was talking about the big butt for a head Ferengi's she could hardly stop laughing long enough to finish the interview. Funny stuff!. I also remember her and most everyone else in those extra's talking about what a great and classy actor Armin Shimerman is!.

Comment

Working...
                                X