X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
    actually it was. SCI FI did NOT cancel Atlantis
    From the front page

"MGM and SCI FI have cancelled Stargate Atlantis after five seasons, but the series will continue with movies."

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Colonel Davis View Post
      From the front page

"MGM and SCI FI have cancelled Stargate Atlantis after five seasons, but the series will continue with movies."
      yeah so? do you really believe this is what happened?
      Originally posted by Jumper_One
      they cancel Atlantis and 24 hours later SGU is announced. come on clearly SGA was offed to make way for SGU! of course Brad's saying that it was a mutual decision. check the ratings, they improved considerably and I'm pretty sure SCI FI would've renewed the show. but MGM wanted to produce SGU ASAP
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

yeah so? do you really believe this is what happened?
        Either way, Dave Howe have moved up to number 1 on my S*it list.

Comment

Either way, Dave Howe have moved up to number 1 on my S*it list.
          Oh God yes I can't believe the crap he spewed. Like we need a fix! Who does he think we are crack addicts and he's the dealer? Like there's not anything apart in our lives from watching tv dee dee dee?

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
            SGU is Stargate: Universe. Wait, we're not calling it that?
            You have to pardon my ignorance. I never read the front page of Gateworld and like Brother Fifth (its all his fault) I have gotten into the habit of recording an entire season of whatever shows I like on my extended storage Tivo unit and then watching it all over a week after the season is over. So I am basically a year behind in anything new going in the franchise and I had no fricking idea that there is going to be a brand new series called Stargate: Universe. I don't know what to think yet, I just read the premise and I must say I'm intrigued.

Comment

Originally posted by Freek View Post
              Its gone down the pooper because its always "Disease outbreak = Keller solves problem just in time, Technology = Rodney solves it just in time, Fight = Teyla, Ronan and Sheppard play hide in seek in forest or have a tavern brawl (all the towns look the same).
              LOL very well said Freek. Atlantis is ripe with hero of the week miracle solution episodes. I grew sick of this with Rodney the first season (so much so that I almost ditched Atlantis all together). Then like you mentioned it just so happens that Sheppard is a fellow genius who can come up with his own miracle solutions on the fly. A tad bit to convenient for my taste.
              Originally posted by Freek
              With the stargate series the "end" is when the show is cancelled, not when they've told their story.
              LOL, heck we got 3 or 4 endings with Stargate. They very well could have ended the series after season IV, season VI, season VII or season VIII. But it kept chugging along, which I am not complaining about, I have grown to enjoy the later seasons of Stargate. Although I am finding it hard to forgive whatever big-wig meat-head decided to kill off the Asgard. I mean what were they thinking.

I notice you are from the Netherlands/Nederlands Freek. I have a very good friend (Bernard Van Dam) who's mother and father were born and raised outside of Amsterdam. Him and I, along with a few other buddies have gone to Amsterdam a few times over the years, always good fun. I just watched your woman's water polo team beat the reining world champion American woman's water polo team in the gold medal match the other day.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                for example, the Doctor Who franchise where they usually have very very weak plots, but it doesn't matter cos that's not the centre of the story.
                I would argue against that, but let's not quibble.

SG1 was a hit with me in the beginning because we were the underdogs. We didn't have ships or advanced technology, all we had was determination and P90s. Now we've got Asgard everything and Ancient everything AND people who miraculously understand this stuff like they were raised using it. SG became Trek. If I ever hear the word 'deflector' on SG, I will turn off the TV.
                Last edited by nx01a; 24 August 2008, 07:33 AM.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                  LOL, heck we got 3 or 4 endings with Stargate. They very well could have ended the series after season IV, season VI, season VII or season VIII. But it kept chugging along, which I am not complaining about, I have grown to enjoy the later seasons of Stargate. Although I am finding it hard to forgive whatever big-wig meat-head decided to kill off the Asgard. I mean what were they thinking.
                  The irony is that when they did finish the series it fell flat on me. I mean, I loved Unending, but I do dislike the vast majority of season 10 and thought Ark of Truth was a horrible way of ending the Orii story. The result is, that while I love season 9 - it is, in fact, one of my favourite seasons - I do sometimes feel Stargate would have been better finishing off on their own terms in season 8, like they obviuosly meant to.

I would argue against that, but let's not quibble.
                  Allow me to clarify.
                  It's a bit like that RTD quote about S&J in ... possibly Doctor Who maagzine, can't recall. He was giving a bit about each episode of series 3, and about Smith & Jones he said something like "there's a hospital on hte moon and rhin-men and I can't say anything else or I would give the whole thing away" - whch is true, because at the end of the day youv'e got the plasmavore an the Doctor defeats her and.... plot-wise, this is it. It's just that the story is about MArtha, who she is, her meeting the Doctor. Another example can be Gridlock - there are a bunch of people stuck on the Motorway for years because there's no one alive in the city above them, Martha gets kidnapped and the Doctor tries to save her. More or less that's it. But the story is so much more than just the summary of the plot. That's what I meant.
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                    You have to pardon my ignorance. I never read the front page of Gateworld and like Brother Fifth (its all his fault) I have gotten into the habit of recording an entire season of whatever shows I like on my extended storage Tivo unit and then watching it all over a week after the season is over. So I am basically a year behind in anything new going in the franchise and I had no fricking idea that there is going to be a brand new series called Stargate: Universe. I don't know what to think yet, I just read the premise and I must say I'm intrigued.
                    I love DVR, well I also love lamp but never mind that. Anyway With the DVR I set and forget. I used to really make sure I watched SGA and SG1 but now I could care less what time there on, its awesome.

But like what freek said, the show lacks what ever he was talking about, and that means also that I only want to watch each epiode maybe once then I could care less, oh wow they defeated the houche mamas, what else is on. Its so predictable, they always win and if they lose they win anyway.

Comment

hey guys I rewatched The Way of the Warrior and something occured to me. there are a lot of eps where Sisko, Dax etc are on a mission with the Defiant. so who'd be in charge of the station while they're gone?
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
                        Oh God yes I can't believe the crap he spewed. Like we need a fix! Who does he think we are crack addicts and he's the dealer? Like there's not anything apart in our lives from watching tv dee dee dee?
                        Yah, well since he's number 1 on the list he gets the benefit of me not breaking if I see him crossing the street.

@ Jel SGA people are saying that SciFi canned the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                          I just read the headlines, but never open the full story. It's fun to know whats coming but not actually know anything about it.

Comment

hey guys I rewatched The Way of the Warrior and something occured to me. there are a lot of eps where Sisko, Dax etc are on a mission with the Defiant. so who'd be in charge of the station while they're gone?
                            ...Major Kira? Sisko's second in command?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Yah, well since he's number 1 on the list he gets the benefit of me not breaking if I see him crossing the street.@ Jel SGA people are saying that SciFi canned the series.
                              That must make it true They are going to blame SciFi first because SciFi cancelled SG1, but if you have read as many articles about the cancelation as I have and read between the lines, its looks like MGM's doing.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                That must make it true They are going to blame SciFi first because SciFi cancelled SG1, but if you have read as many articles about the cancelation as I have and read between the lines, its looks like MGM's doing.
                                Looks like a joint decision, I'd say...
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X