No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is THE two-parter. I saw 'Family' for the first time in years last monday on Sci-Fi, and I really enjoyed it. Everyone got a shot at family issues, except Data and Troi and Geordi. Picard got a nice bit of backstory, and began to make his peace with his Locutus experience.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
      I have a new Quiz all ready to go this coming Monday. A little tip for you fellow Quiz takers ---- There will be a very comprehensive multi-part question on the great TNG two part episode - Best of Both Worlds. where Picard temporarily becomes the Borg Locutus. I haven't chosen a DS9 episode to feature as of yet, probably an episode from the first season.
      Yay! Maybe I won't have to guess as much as I've seen that one...
      sigpic

My Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
        Two recommendations for Reaper--looks like I might have to check this one out too. Thanks.

Congrats on your new job, Krisz! That's great! It's really tough, not to mention scary at times, to do the job hunt thing.

That's so crazy that you can recognize familiar places where they film. And cool too.
        Spoiler:
        But if I lived by the Benders, I'd be moving! That was one of the scariest eps of the season for me. A redneck family gone reallly bad.
        One of the reasons I like the show is the stories often take place in the Midwest. One was in Saginaw, Michigan, a town I'm fairly familiar with. I know they don't film in these locations, but it's kind of exciting to have a show where the "flyover" states aren't ignored in favor of the coasts (and no offense meant to the coasts ). And it looks like the Midwest I'm familiar with, all the dusty little towns and burgs. They do a good job. It's like the brothers are on one scary road trip across the entire country.
        Thanks, it was a long wait. I was beginning to wonder if I’d ever get a job!

‘The Benders’ was one of the creepy ones! That is interesting to know that the places they say the episodes are set in do actually look like them. Another thing to add to my observation that ‘Supernatural’ is good at getting the setting for the story right, and we don’t know it’s Vancouver....too much!

I think they should set one of the episodes in Vancouver itself, now that I would like! It’s nice to see Vancouver star as itself on occasion! They can have a monstrous Troll under the Lions Gate Bridge grabbing unwary tourists as they head from Stanley Park to the North Shore. His cousin under the Capilano Suspension Bridge finishes off any that were missed! That’s my crazy bedtime story for now kids, good night!!

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
        Congrats Trek Girl, that's awesome.
        Make that 3 recommendations for Reaper Mariel. It is truly one the of the most original scifi // supernatural // comedy shows to come around in awhile. I am so physced that Reaper got renewed for a second season and that it is going to paired up with Supernatural on Thrusday nights. That will make for a great 1- 2 punch of cool television that night.

WTGO on the new job Kris. I sure hope it doesn't mean you are going to abandon us here on GW and the superior thread.
        Totally agree with you there. If you watch Supernatural you cant help but get hooked. Reaper, whilst different has developed into a watchable show, there's enough there to keep me coming back wondering what will happen next, so I guess that's its success.

Thanks about the job guys! Of course it doesn't mean I'll abandon GW and this wonderful thread. It's relaxing, I love coming on the forum and will always find time to get here!

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
        Incidentally, today's my birthday. 28th.
        Happy belated Birthday!!!

I still like the way the two brothers interact in Supernatural, oooh the intensity…… ! Overacting at its best sometimes, but I love ‘em anyway!!! Reminds me a bit of Sisko when he got going sometimes!

Needless to say I loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel had it’s moments but not as good a show for me. Roswell was something that I started watching then found a bit boring. I kept watching in the hope it would improve but it frustrated me instead as I still felt it should have been something much better.

Oooh, I’m looking forward to the BOBW quiz! Love that episode, Trek at it’s best there! Again I will see how good my memory is for the little details you always pick out to frustrate my poor brain cell Fifth Race!!

Comment

It is THE two-parter. I saw 'Family' for the first time in years last monday on Sci-Fi, and I really enjoyed it. Everyone got a shot at family issues, except Data and Troi and Geordi. Picard got a nice bit of backstory, and began to make his peace with his Locutus experience.
          The Best of Both Worlds is indeed a 2-parter brother nx. I watched and then re-watched it taking notes the whole time. I probably came up with almost 80 questions from both episodes. I am going make it at least a 10 part question with a side set of questions that are optional and will not count for or against your score. I did this more for the people that took the time to watch the episode recently and want to show-off there knowledge. And judging by the Trek ringers on this thread, there will be more than a few that tackle those questions.
          Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
          awesome! BOBW is an amazing two-parter
          Indeed brother J1. Definetly near the top of my list from TNG. It is one of those episodes that played out like a movie, brilliantly written and portrayed.
          Originally posted by Leech10 View Post
          Yay! Maybe I won't have to guess as much as I've seen that one...
          LOL. I'm glad and I look forward to seeing you on Quiz day Leech.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I have a new Quiz all ready to go this coming Monday. A little tip for you fellow Quiz takers ---- There will be a very comprehensive multi-part question on the great TNG two part episode - Best of Both Worlds. where Picard temporarily becomes the Borg Locutus. I haven't chosen a DS9 episode to feature as of yet, probably an episode from the first season.
            Sweet brother Fifth!. I will pull out my TNG DVD's and give The Best of Both Worlds a re-watch this weekend.
            The Best of Both Worlds is indeed a 2-parter brother nx. I watched and then re-watched it taking notes the whole time. I probably came up with almost 80 questions from both episodes. I am going make it at least a 10 part question with a side set of questions that are optional and will not count for or against your score. I did this more for the people that took the time to watch the episode recently and want to show-off there knowledge. And judging by the Trek ringers on this thread, there will be more than a few that tackle those questions.)
            Awesome, I love the idea of ringer questions that are there for people that want to tackle them, but they aren't mandatory so it won't work against anyones score if they skip them. This is a great idea, while you are offering an extra challenge it won't scare away the casual Trek fan.

I better put extra attention into re-watching The Best of Both Worlds, because knowing brother Fifth, he is going to look for fine details to turn into those "ringer questions".

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
              Sweet brother Fifth!. I will pull out my TNG DVD's and give The Best of Both Worlds a re-watch this weekend.
              Awesome, I love the idea of ringer questions that are there for people that want to tackle them, but they aren't mandatory so it won't work against anyone's score if they skip them. This is a great idea, while you are offering an extra challenge it won't scare away the casual Trek fan.
              I have decided to split the questions about the TNG episode Best of Both Worlds into 2 parts. So this weeks quiz will cover questions about BOBW: Part I only, and next weeks quiz will cover BOBW: PartII only. I could have done an entire quiz on that episode alone judging by all the questions I came up with. I am still going to offer some "Ringer Questions". They won't count against the score, so there optional. I will mark them appropriately so there is no confusion.

NOTE: If you have Best of Both Worlds on DVD or VHS, you might want to give it a gander before Monday's Quiz.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I meant that BOBW is THE BEST TNG 2 parter, bro fifth.

Part 1 is still my favourite. I know the whole Wolf 359 and Riker Maneuver and Data/Picard saving the Federation are in part 2, but the sheer thrill and shock of part 1 hasn't been matched for me on any Star Trek since. And I was 10. I mean... "Mr. Worf... Fire." You knew that they'd resolve the situation somehow, but watching the situation unfold was brilliant.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I hate to get off-topic yet again but is anyone here a fan of Northern Exposure?

EDIT: Season 5 with Bob Picardo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFtc8kSQjjw
                  Last edited by Lieutenant Colonel Davis; 04 July 2008, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Colonel Davis View Post
                    I hate to get off-topic yet again but is anyone here a fan of Northern Exposure?

EDIT: Season 5 with Bob Picardo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFtc8kSQjjw
                    I love Northern Exposure. I can remember hating it when it originally aired. Then one day while hanging at my parents house my brother and father were watching this show while cracking up. So I sat down and watched this crazy episode where this philosophy speaking artist/DJ was building a Trebuchet and talking about launching a live cow. I immediately took a liking to Northern Exposure after that. Truly great characters that are still easily remembered even after years of not watching Northern Exposure. Thanx for the memory brother Davis. ^5
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I meant that BOBW is THE BEST TNG 2 parter, bro fifth.
                      I apologize brother nx, I knew I had most likely misunderstood you when I read your post yesterday. I was thinking to myself there is no way that brother nx didn't know everything about BOBW, my bad.
                      Originally posted by nx01a
                      Part 1 is still my favourite. I know the whole Wolf 359 and Riker Maneuver and Data/Picard saving the Federation are in part 2, but the sheer thrill and shock of part 1 hasn't been matched for me on any Star Trek since. And I was 10. I mean... "Mr. Worf... Fire." You knew that they'd resolve the situation somehow, but watching the situation unfold was brilliant.
                      I wholeheartedly agree my friend. - Best of Both Worlds: Part I is definetly the better episode of the two parts. That episode solidfied my already positive opinion of Riker as a legitimate Trek character, never was I so proud of #2!. Michael Piller's writing coupled with Cliff Bole's directing was brilliant to say the least. They could have easily saved this storyline and released BOBW as a TNG movie, although TNG: The Series would have looked a lot different if they had.

Well Monday's episode question on the Quiz is all about Best of Both Worlds: Part I only. We will do BOBW: Part II next week.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Hah, cool. I just watched The Best of Both Worlds yesterday! And I've already forgotten it all.

Comment

I love Northern Exposure. I can remember hating it when it originally aired. Then one day while hanging at my parents house my brother and father were watching this show while cracking up. So I sat down and watched this crazy episode where this philosophy speaking artist/DJ was building a Trebuchet and talking about launching a live cow. I immediately took a liking to Northern Exposure after that. Truly great characters that are still easily remembered even after years of not watching Northern Exposure. Thanx for the memory brother Davis. ^5
                          That was Chris, it airs on the local public access channel every night and it's commercial free, cool beans.

Comment

I have decided to split the questions about the TNG episode Best of Both Worlds into 2 parts. So this weeks quiz will cover questions about BOBW: Part I only, and next weeks quiz will cover BOBW: PartII only. I could have done an entire quiz on that episode alone judging by all the questions I came up with. I am still going to offer some "Ringer Questions". They won't count against the score, so there optional. I will mark them appropriately so there is no confusion.

NOTE: If you have Best of Both Worlds on DVD or VHS, you might want to give it a gander before Monday's Quiz.
                            Very cool Brother Fifth!. I will pull out my TNG DVD Box Sets and find The Best of Both Worlds to re-watch this evening. Thank's for making my television watching plans tonight, even my wife said she loved that episode.
                            Originally posted by Lieutenant Colonel Davis View Post
                            That was Chris, it airs on the local public access channel every night and it's commercial free, cool beans.
                            My wife and I are huge Northern Exposure fans. Brother Fifth is right, it was full of great and memorable characters. I loved Holling, Joel and Adam is particular, Chris was rather cool himself, and who didn't have the hot's for Maggie.

Comment

I just got home froim a great day and I know it's a little late, but I just wanted to wish everyone (including non-citizens) a Happy 4rth of July (God Bless America).
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Happy 4rth of July to you and every one as well brother Fifth. And God Bless America indeed!. I tried to call you and Kelly earlier but you weren't around. I had some left-over 4" mortars from last year and I know you always say to call you if I am going to go blow off some Fireworks. I ended up only blowing off 2 of them, it was a little to windy and those suckers are way to dangerous to play around in those conditions.

I hope everyone had a great holiday.
                                The USS Defiant Rocks!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                                X