Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I guessed on all but 2 of the multiple choice
    lucky you
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Hi ya everyone, sorry I missed the quiz brother Fifth Race, I'm glad you got the PM I sent you about it. I will definetly be here next Monday for the next one and if I have time this evening I will take the current one you just ran.
      I probably shouldn't admit this, but I guessed on all but 2 of the multiple choice
      On some of the questions I am not sure about, I still have a sense of what the correct answer is by eliminating what seem like completely wrong answer choices brother Fifth provides on the multiple choice questions. - Which can be tough because mopst of the time Fifth Race makes most of the wrong answers on the multiple choice questions look and seem logically right. - Which I praise brother Fifth Race for doing. You can tell he takes his time putting these questions together. ^5

So even though you might have guessed on some of the answers, I am betting your great knowledge of Star Trek in general serves you well in these quizzes gopher65.

Comment

I did the Trivia contest, and was able to get most of them okay. More than half anyways. Of course, I couldn't get them all, but I find that I take a rather perverse pleasure in that as well. If I had actually known ALL the answers then it might be said I have even less of a life than I actually do as it is. Anyways, most of my efforts in regards to sci-fi have been primarily spent on Stargate. Even so, if someone were to put out a similiar trivia, I think I'd do roughly the same. There are lots of little details I just don't remember. I do remember lots of details though that are important enough to me. I suppose that is true of everyone though. Nice Trivia List Fifth..! Well done.
        The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion View Post
          I did the Trivia contest, and was able to get most of them okay. More than half anyways. Of course, I couldn't get them all, but I find that I take a rather perverse pleasure in that as well. If I had actually known ALL the answers then it might be said I have even less of a life than I actually do as it is. Nice Trivia List Fifth..! Well done.
          Glad you gave it a try brother Sea, I knew you would do pretty well. I try to make the quizzes appeal to everyone (from the novice Trek fan to the most advanced Trek fan). I try to provide questions that cover both sides and everything in between. I hope you give next weeks a try as well.
          Originally posted by Weyoun View Post
          Hi ya everyone, sorry I missed the quiz brother Fifth Race, I'm glad you got the PM I sent you about it. I will definetly be here next Monday for the next one.
          I did get your PM and I appreciate it. I'm sorry you missed this weeks quiz, you had been kicking butt on the last few.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Weyoun View Post
            So even though you might have guessed on some of the answers, I am betting your great knowledge of Star Trek in general serves you well in these quizzes gopher65.
            Maybe so. Things like "on Star Trek any device that has its 'type' listed on the show will be type 4, 7, or 12 in most cases". Other things like how naming conventions of Starships change depending on the general time period that an episode aired in (like how all DS9 runabouts are named after currently existing Earth rivers), etc, etc. That helps increase the chances that I will guess correctly. But it doesn't meant that I actually know the right answer to the specific question. That's why I normally do poorly on fill in the blank unless I have just seen the episode in question.

Although... I had actually just seen every one of those episodes in the short answer questions, except Best of Both Worlds, and I still couldn't answer them.

Comment

18 out of 28 is my best showing ever I think!!!!! now back to classes!

Comment

Maybe so. Things like "on Star Trek any device that has its 'type' listed on the show will be type 4, 7, or 12 in most cases". Other things like how naming conventions of Starships change depending on the general time period that an episode aired in (like how all DS9 runabouts are named after currently existing Earth rivers), etc, etc. That helps increase the chances that I will guess correctly. But it doesn't meant that I actually know the right answer to the specific question. That's why I normally do poorly on fill in the blank unless I have just seen the episode in question.

Although... I had actually just seen every one of those episodes in the short answer questions, except Best of Both Worlds, and I still couldn't answer them.
                I know what you mean- logical guesses. And I've seen every episode aside from a few DS9 S7 ones, but I still can't remember much. Granted, it's been about two or three years since I saw most of them.

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations Lady Rac, a very nice score indeed.

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                  I know what you mean- logical guesses. And I've seen every episode aside from a few DS9 S7 ones, but I still can't remember much. Granted, it's been about two or three years since I saw most of them.
                  I depend on 'logical guesses' for maybe 50% of my multiple choice answers. You watch and rewatch all these various episodes from the various Trek series and you gain this familiarity that helps you logically deduce what is most likely the right answer. Although Fifth tries to be tricky on some questions, which is a good thing.
                  Last edited by Weyoun; 23 January 2008, 05:37 PM.

Comment

*takes a bow* thanks for all of the compliments.
                    Now I must confess, I was sitting in a class (long dull boring lecture) sneaking a glimpse of Gateworld on my laptop and realized the teacher has just asked me a question!!
                    Luckily my talent for BS (demonstrated so well in the last quiz here) came to the fore and I talked myself into the response he wanted. whewwwwwwww! that was a close one. *raises right hand* I solemnly swear I will not sneak peeks at gateworld during civil litigation II! this place is too addictive!

Comment

*takes a bow* thanks for all of the compliments.
                      Now I must confess, I was sitting in a class (long dull boring lecture) sneaking a glimpse of Gateworld on my laptop and realized the teacher has just asked me a question!!
                      Very well done Lady Rac, I was impressed with your knowledge, especially the fill-in questions. You knew a couple of those that no one else got including a TNG information, which is surprising considering how you feel about TNG.

I wanted to send an RIP out to Heath Ledger and especially Bobby Fischer who was one of my childhood heroes I tried to emulate. I grew up where I learned how to play chess at 5 years old. My mothers side of the family are Hungarian and all love to play chess so they passed it on to me. I was quite good all the way through high school and college. I haven't played in years so I would guess my skill isn't quite the same today.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I love chess. My cousin taught back when I was eight. Needless to say, I did bad. Queen to bishop 8 I made that up
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                          Very well done Lady Rac, I was impressed with your knowledge, especially the fill-in questions. You knew a couple of those that no one else got including a TNG information, which is surprising considering how you feel about TNG.
                          weeeeeeeeeeelll, two reasons: firstly, my hubby (whom I adore) actually had the bad taste to LOVE TNG so we watched them all (if he didn't have the good taste to love me more - he would have watched them alone! ), secondly, it was the only trek on tv at the time and even bad trek is better than no trek at all! I also tended to heckle TNG just to get a rise out of my better half sometimes.
                          I noticed you gave me credit despite my mangled spelling of the answers. sometimes I simply remembered what a word sounded like and and guessed.

Comment

weeeeeeeeeeelll, two reasons: firstly, my hubby (whom I adore) actually had the bad taste to LOVE TNG so we watched them all (if he didn't have the good taste to love me more - he would have watched them alone! ), secondly, it was the only trek on tv at the time and even bad trek is better than no trek at all! I also tended to heckle TNG just to get a rise out of my better half sometimes.
                            We all know you secretly love TNG but won't admit it. And I agree, TNG is better than no Trek at all.
                            Originally posted by Rac80
                            I noticed you gave me credit despite my mangled spelling of the answers. sometimes I simply remembered what a word sounded like and and guessed.
                            If I graded these quizzes with good spelling as a premise, the scores would be much worse. What I do when watching the various Trek series or movies from my DVD Box Set collections - is turn on the 'English Subtitle Option' so I can get all the proper spelling and pronunciations down. I love that option!.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                              I wanted to send an RIP out to Heath Ledger and especially Bobby Fischer who was one of my childhood heroes I tried to emulate. I grew up where I learned how to play chess at 5 years old. My mothers side of the family are Hungarian and all love to play chess so they passed it on to me. I was quite good all the way through high school and college. I haven't played in years so I would guess my skill isn't quite the same today.
                              Sad to hear about both of them- though I'm a terrible chess player, I can't recall ever winning; I do however remember learning about Bobby Fisher and other chess greats in elementary school.

As for Heath Ledger- his performance as the Joker, after that fantastic trailer, is the thing I have been looking forward to the most in terms of summer movies this year (even more than Indiana Jones, Hellboy II, and The X-Files), and hearing of his death came as an absolute shock (only 28 ). It's going to be very strange watching that movie now. I do have some fond tweenage memories of watching "A Knight's Tale" and "Ten Things I Hate About You" at sleepovers, as they counted among few of a very long line of movies from these things that I actually liked.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                                Sad to hear about both of them- though I'm a terrible chess player, I can't recall ever winning; I do however remember learning about Bobby Fisher and other chess greats in elementary school.
                                Bobby Fischer was huge when I was growing up as kid in the late 1970's, when he destroyed the reigning Russian champion (Boris Spassky) for the world championship.
                                Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                                As for Heath Ledger- his performance as the Joker, after that fantastic trailer, is the thing I have been looking forward to the most in terms of summer movies this year (even more than Indiana Jones, Hellboy II, and The X-Files), and hearing of his death came as an absolute shock (only 28 ). It's going to be very strange watching that movie now. :
                                I found myself kind of choked up a little when watching the Joker trailer. He looks so miserable in that clip. It will be hard watching that new Batman movie now.

Hellboy II and X-Files II should both be a hoot. Did you ever go see I Am Legend Trek_Girl (or anyone else)?. I hope that one comes to DVD soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X