Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I always liked TNG movies better than the TOS movies. Probably has something to do with the fact I can barely stand to watch TOS. I find it so borring. Good thing the other series are better

*runs away before angry Trek fans can throw tomatoes at me*

well I don't think TOS is boring but at the same time I really can't watch more than a few eps per day while I sometimes watched an entire season of TNG or DS9 in 24 h. I like both the TOS and TNG movies. since I was born in the 80's it was TNG that got me interested in ST and for that I'll be forever grateful! I guess the kind of connection a lot of people have with TOS because they grew up with it is the same kind I have with TNG. so while I like Kirk, Spock etc I always thought the best ST could offer was Picard, Riker, Data etc - until I watched DS9 it's not that the show has more likeable characters, imo it's the story arcs which make it that much more exciting than any other ST show. I'd never choose some of those characters over the TNG guys and gals (and frankly I don't want to because they're great too) but we never saw a war, big battles, the fall and rise of empires etc in Next Gen. anyway I think my point is I like all the movies, some a little more than others but who doesn't eh?

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
    LOL, tosses a big and over ripe Tomato at brother jelgate Personally I, as with many other loyal Trek fans, find a lot of things boring about TOS as well, that being said the Trek movies with the TOS characters are much better than the series!.
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I always liked TNG movies better than the TOS movies. Probably has something to do with the fact I can barely stand to watch TOS. I find it so borring. Good thing the other series are better

*runs away before angry Trek fans can throw tomatoes at me*
      *throws rock*

Comment

*Throws boulder-sized tomato*

This is fun
        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

*throws brick*

Comment

I'm glad that my pain is causing you guys amusent. I'm talking about you brother Davis. Throwing two things at me . I'm a weird Trek fan because I don't agree with the average Trek fan. I perfer VOY over TNG.

*throws brother Davis off cliff like in The Road Runner (gotta love the classics)
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm glad that my pain is causing you guys amusent. I'm talking about you brother Davis. Throwing two things at me . I'm a weird Trek fan because I don't agree with the average Trek fan. I perfer VOY over TNG.

*throws brother Davis off cliff like in The Road Runner (gotta love the classics)
              *burns house down*
              Well it's jsut that us old guys love TOS, we grew up with it and well I guess thats all to say about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Colonel Davis View Post
                *burns house down*
                Well it's jsut that us old guys love TOS, we grew up with it and well I guess thats all to say about that.
                Heh, I love TOS, and neither "old" nor "guy" apply to me.

Comment

And me I love TOS movies but I never saw much of the series just because I started with TNG. I hate going backwards in time. I need to feed the tech craving.

Comment

I also prefer Voy and even ENT over TNG. I do not and never did like TNG. It was a very disappointing show. I grew up with and loved TOS, but although I eagerly awaited TNG, I grew to despise the show. Do not get me started on Picard's shortcomings!
                    (give Jelgate a personal shield to protect him from the rock throwers! )

Comment

I want to wish all my fellow DS9/Trek brethren and there families, a Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday's and any other title that may apply. I am headed for the in-laws for Christmas, I will see you all in a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                        I am headed for the in-laws for Christmas
                        All hands brace for impact?

Comment

All hands brace for impact?
                          fire photon torpedos
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

fire photon torpedos
                            Shields failing!

Comment

Shields failing!
                              rerouting from communication
                              firing phasers
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

rerouting from communication
                                firing phasers
                                Hull breach on deck 10!

Comment

Working...