No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But of course, The Thread of all threads is.....THIS ONE!!

But yeah, it is good to be back, back on the ball, so much so that I feel compelled to go and watch the show from the minute go again....I've forgotten a lot of little details I think since my absence.

But one unfortunate item pobably not smart to mention being this a Website for the show I'm about to mention is that I have fallen out of love with it, I kinda like it but I'm considering getting a rid of my Stargate DVD's really can't bring myself to watch another hour anymore.....I dunno why but I guess I feel like I'm growing out of it......I just thought I'd be wise to share that here on this thread amidst less amunition of rabid SG fans....ST always has a place in my heart and I never will fall out of love with that....ever!

and I almost tried........and failed too Lol.

That's just one thing that's changed since I've been gone...just felt like getting it out and comming clean outta the Sci Fi closet by admitting to that sinful of sins..
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
      But of course, The Thread of all threads is.....THIS ONE!!

But yeah, it is good to be back, back on the ball, so much so that I feel compelled to go and watch the show from the minute go again....I've forgotten a lot of little details I think since my absence.
      I never get tired of re-watching DS9, I usually go through the whole series season by season once a year while re-watching certain episodes to brush up on the episode discussion here. Talking about the series with all the big and little nuances with fellow Trek fans makes watching all the more interesting, while enhancing the whole experience. As I have said it many times - I have learned so much from everyone on here, sure I consider myself very Trek/DS9 savvy, but talking about it the way we do here has taught me a lot and entertaining in and of itself. Plus it always interesting to get other Trek fans opinions and ideas about the same thing you are watching.
      Originally posted by Darkstar
      But one unfortunate item pobably not smart to mention being this a Website for the show I'm about to mention is that I have fallen out of love with it, I kinda like it but I'm considering getting a rid of my Stargate DVD's really can't bring myself to watch another hour anymore.....I dunno why but I guess I feel like I'm growing out of it......I just thought I'd be wise to share that here on this thread amidst less amunition of rabid SG fans....ST always has a place in my heart and I never will fall out of love with that....ever!

and I almost tried........and failed too Lol.

That's just one thing that's changed since I've been gone...just felt like getting it out and comming clean outta the Sci Fi closet by admitting to that sinful of sins..
      No coming clean necessary my friend. I here ya loud and clear!. I too, have become rather miffed with Stargate. I still watch but I am not very happy with where the show has gone. I do NOT blame Browder or Black for the demise of the show, I think it's just a matter of over-staying its welcome. The show have ended on a high after the season 7 Lost City episodes.

I never have been that big a fan of Atlantis (although I do watch it) and it has gotten better with each season. Maybe they need to take a hiatus like Star Trek is doing now and then come back in a few years with a whole new Stargate series.

IMHO Star Trek is the pinnacle and mother-ship of all scifi, especially modern scifi. Star Trek just has a way to not only entertain you with slick writing and wonderful special effects, but all the ideals of Roddenberry's vision about a positive future for the human race and Earth is very appealing. Watching Star Trek makes you feel good about humanity and our place in the universe better than any television show has ever done. Star Trek will always be my #1.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Fry: It taught me how you should accept people wether they be Black white or even female....It made me feel like I had friends..even when i Didn't.

Leela: That's touching, in a pathetic kinda way.

LOL!!!

It's so true, It does make the lone male feel good, no but seriously, it's stood the test of time and look, it still commands a decent presence in this great thread, god damn the show ended nearly 10 years ago and it is still the talk of the galactic water cooler.....not many shows can boast that claim in a crowded room can they?? lol
        For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610 View Post
          So anyone check out our Dr. Bashir on 24 last night?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Siddig

There he is "operating" again..... Ouuucchhh .....
          Uh huh- was that ever cringe-inducing (I assume you're referring to the part with the knife? My computer's being slow so I won't open the link.)..... anyway, he was fantastic- I've never seen 24 before, and I loved it. And it was great that he got quite a lot of screen time in the second hour.

Of course he probably won't survive the "day", so we'd better enjoy watching him while it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            Uh huh- was that ever cringe-inducing (I assume you're referring to the part with the knife? My computer's being slow so I won't open the link.)..... anyway, he was fantastic- I've never seen 24 before, and I loved it. And it was great that he got quite a lot of screen time in the second hour.

Of course he probably won't survive the "day", so we'd better enjoy watching him while it lasts.
            I too doubt he will last the day, something will happen to him, and since I am a fan of 24 and witnessed the high death rate, in series, I should know.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
              I too doubt he will last the day, something will happen to him, and since I am a fan of 24 and witnessed the high death rate, in series, I should know.
              Gathered that from just what I saw.

Comment

Ive watched quite a few more episodes since my last post, and am now upto season 3

Here are my thoughts:

2'17 Playing God - Interesting ep. Gave more background into Dax's character, and Trills. The new forming universe has been done many times in various sci-fi shows, so that part of the plot didnt really appeal to me. Piloting through the wormhole was nice.

2'18 Profit and Loss - Good Quark focused ep. Shows a bit more about his past on the station, and how he loved someone as much as his profits. Also interesting how Garek let them go, even though it may have helped his efforts in getting off the station and back in favour with the Cardassian command. Garek was right at the end when he says Quark and himself did what they did for love, and couldnt really understand the power of it.

2'19 Blood Oath - Really liked this ep. Klingons are always fun, especially when there are battles to be fought Dax did well honouring the oath, and helping them kill the man they were after without going on a suicide mission. She was lucky she didnt have to kill him herself...

2'20 + 2'21 The Maquis - Was good to see that even though there is a treaty between the Federation and the Cardasians, the peace is still fragile, and there are still people who suffer/are stuck in the middle of both sides. Was interesting that the Cardasian command didnt want to help Gul Dukat. They stopped the ships to easy in the end imo.

2'22 The Wire - Wasnt all that fussed on this ep. Pretty much Garek gets sick, he tells a few lies, some truth, reveals he hates his time on DS9, and then Bashir finds a way to heal him, and its all better again. I guess thats just the way Garek is.

2'23 Crossover - Liked this ep. I havnt seen any of the original series, so im not well informed of the ep where Kirk was transported to this other reality, but it didnt really effect this ep imo. It was good to see all the characters and actors in different roles. All did their jobs well. No Dax though. This reminds me of the ENT ep 'In a Mirror, Darkly', which i also really enjoyed.

2'24 The Collaborator - Didnt like this ep. Focused too heavily on the Bajoran religious issues which im not a fan of. Was rather slow imo. The new Kia (sp?) will no doubt lead to some interesting eps/conflicts in the future...

2'25 Tribunal - Everyone trying to get the Chief to leave on his holiday was funny. The man cant stop thinking of his work. This ep gave a good insight into the Cardasian legal system, which is stuffed up by the way. Didnt expect that Boone guy to be an actual Cardasian, so that was a surprise. The Cardaisians dont seem to happy with the planets at the border, but this plan was very risky, especially since Sisko caught them out...

2'26 The Jem'Hadar - Awesome ep. Good comic elements with Quark and Nog. Finally get to see a small space battle with the Dominion. The The Jem'Hadar soldiers are interesting. Dont seem super tough, but use the cloak ability quite well. Wonder if those ships are capital ones. If so they must not be too powerful, as they could barely beat the Federation ship 3v1. One things for sure, they mean business. Cant wait to see more of them again
                Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                  2'26 The Jem'Hadar - Awesome ep. Good comic elements with Quark and Nog. Finally get to see a small space battle with the Dominion. The The Jem'Hadar soldiers are interesting. Dont seem super tough, but use the cloak ability quite well. Wonder if those ships are capital ones. If so they must not be too powerful, as they could barely beat the Federation ship 3v1. One things for sure, they mean business. Cant wait to see more of them again
                  Oh, I would say the Jem'Hadar definitely made their presence felt when they decided to ram the Odyssey. I was completely stunned when it blew up and still am today every time I watch that scene! It's destruction proved how far they are willing to go in battle and believe me, you'll see how tough they are very soon.

Were you talking about the small Jem'Hadar ships that look like Scarab beetles, MB.Eddie? Well, those are the Dominion's fast attack vessels that are used for patrols and supporting their Capital ships. Yeah, the Jem'Hadar fighters could never match the firepower of a Capital ship like the Galaxy-class in a straight-up fight. They were still able to give the Odyssey a good battering though.

It was a great episode and brought the Dominion into play with a kick in the rear end for the good guys.
                  "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I just ordered DS9
                    SEASON 6 and SEASON 7 on DVD at Amazon.com.
                    They should be at my doorstep this Thursday!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                      Ive watched quite a few more episodes since my last post, and am now upto season 3
                      Here are my thoughts:
                      Originally posted by MB.Eddie
                      2'17 Playing God - Interesting ep. Gave more background into Dax's character, and Trills. The new forming universe has been done many times in various sci-fi shows, so that part of the plot didnt really appeal to me. Piloting through the wormhole was nice.
                      This episode shows in my view that it's not a good idea to support your secondary story by your primary story. The way I see things, the story of Dax and Arjin is the secondary story. It provides background info on Dax, Jadzia and Trills in general. Rather interesting info and at least gives Jadzia some 'fill' to make her character a bit more 3-D.
                      2'18 Profit and Loss - Good Quark focused ep. Shows a bit more about his past on the station, and how he loved someone as much as his profits. Also interesting how Garek let them go, even though it may have helped his efforts in getting off the station and back in favour with the Cardassian command. Garek was right at the end when he says Quark and himself did what they did for love, and couldnt really understand the power of it.
                      One of my recurring problems with Starfleet and the UFP in general is that they often show they cannot be firm, go their own way, are naive to the max and do not discipline wrong-doers. Good example is this episode.
                      2'19 Blood Oath - Really liked this ep. Klingons are always fun, especially when there are battles to be fought Dax did well honouring the oath, and helping them kill the man they were after without going on a suicide mission. She was lucky she didnt have to kill him herself...
                      3 of the Empire's finest warrior's return to fight again, Kor (last seen on TOS Errand of Mercy), Koloth (last seen on TOS Trouble with Tribbles) and Kang (last seen on TOS Day of the Dove). This time, their on our side and a friend of Dax, at least Curzon Dax. What a treat! This one is fun to watch.
                      2'20 + 2'21 The Maquis - Was good to see that even though there is a treaty between the Federation and the Cardasians, the peace is still fragile, and there are still people who suffer/are stuck in the middle of both sides. Was interesting that the Cardasian command didnt want to help Gul Dukat. They stopped the ships to easy in the end imo.
                      We get to see how "The Maquis", are formed. This group went from a abandoned Federation colony along the demilitarized zone to a terrorist group intended in stopping the Cardassian colony along that sector. It was an interesting interplay between Gul Dukat and Sisko.

Awesome reviews and discussion on these early series episodes brother MB.Eddie!. Since you started the earlier seasons episode discussion (which I really appreciate), I have since started re-watching them myself. Even in season II you get the feeling that they are building up to something big.

I will review the rest of the episodes you posted tomorrow my friend, I need to get to bed.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Falcon View Post
                        I just ordered DS9
                        SEASON 6 and SEASON 7 on DVD at Amazon.com.
                        They should be at my doorstep this Thursday!
                        Sweet!, you will see what we mean by the coolest DVD Box Set you will ever see right away. You could not have picked a better pair of any scifi show seasons to watch than DS9's 6 & 7.
                        Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                        I haven't watched 24 the last couple seasons. From everything I read the show just keeps getting better and better. I got turned off of Kiefer after reading about some of his antics in public, it kind of made me lose interest in the show. I do want to see Siddig again though.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                          Sweet!, you will see what we mean by the coolest DVD Box Set you will ever see right away. You could not have picked a better pair of any scifi show seasons to watch than DS9's 6 & 7.

I haven't watched 24 the last couple seasons. From everything I read the show just keeps getting better and better. I got turned off of Kiefer after reading about some of his antics in public, it kind of made me lose interest in the show. I do want to see Siddig again though.
                          Ooh, you have to see tonight's second ep.....it is a SHOCKER. One of the best cliffhangers I've ever seen, and Siddig has been great so far.

Comment

It's s been great to see Alexander Siddig again on 24.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                              Ooh, you have to see tonight's second ep.....it is a SHOCKER. One of the best cliffhangers I've ever seen, and Siddig has been great so far.
                              I agree. Here's a DS9 question. Do you think it would have been cool for Bashir to sport a beard like he has on 24? It does sort of dirty up his image a bit, but I personally like it.

Comment

I personally liked the way the Jem'Hadar gave the federation a good kick in it's complacancy, so too was it good in TNG when we first meet the borg, hence the term kick in the complacancy, whilst I'm on the subject VOY's Species 8472 were the much needed kick in that regard, too bad it flopped before it became good, the Dominion is a excellent example of an enemy you are actually interested in and can relate to......which amidst the war (althought fiction) makes good TV when you can see both sides....the Jem'hadar were more than just cannon fodder...you believed what they said and respected the means to an end.....if that was death.

Comment

Working...
                                X